What are our issues?

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I think they are still good. We don’t play well against power teams. Our offense needs to be able to take over games against these kind of teams, to get a substantial lead early. If Josh goes 3 and out against a team like Tennessee and TB we become trapped and even more 1 dimensional than we already are. Every time we play teams like this, it’s apparent our Oline isn’t good enough to win a Super Bowl, but we are very close. 

The offense did enough. Granted need to be better in the red zone. 

6 straight drives let up Points. Tannenhill 11/11 after half. Yeah that isn’t good enough. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The offense did enough. Granted need to be better in the red zone. 

6 straight drives let up Points. Tannenhill 11/11 after half. Yeah that isn’t good enough. 

They weren’t, but again, our offensive woes at times kept Tennessee around. The best defense is a good offense. We keep Tennessee 1 dimensional, we win. The way to beat teams like TB, Tennessee, and Cleveland is to score early and force them to throw the ball. We have proven we can beat 1 dimensional teams like KC this way. 

7 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Bills ARE NOT going to win a Super Bowl with Singletary and Moss, period. Todd Gurley is still available. He's only 27, and wouldn't he be an upgrade over Singletary? He was a bruiser just two years ago. I realize nobody has touched him, but going to a SB contender might get him going! Cut Breida and bring him in. They have everything to lose by staying with the current RB's. They have done NOTHING all year.    

Our RB’s are not that bad.  If our line blocked a little better, you’d see a difference.  If Daboll called more run plays, you’d see better run production.  Can’t run every so often and expect a competent run game.  Need to grind it out.

We are a pass first team.  O-line blocks that way, Josh plays that way and Daboll  coaches that way.  If we emphasized the run game, o-line and backs would be more in sync and get better production.

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

They weren’t, but again, our offensive woes at times kept Tennessee around. The best defense is a good offense. We keep Tennessee 1 dimensional, we win. The way to beat teams like TB, Tennessee, and Cleveland is to score early and force them to throw the ball. We have proven we can beat 1 dimensional teams like KC this way. 

What kept Tenn around is Bills inability to get a stop in 6 consecutive drives. 

The Biggest issue on the offense is the Red-Zone woes continue. This is something that has to absolutely be looked at and solved during the bye week. 

If this defense was a good as we all thought 31 would have been absolutely enough to beat Titans. And that started before the game with who they activated and didn’t on Defense. The best Run defending DE inactive for Obada 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What kept Tenn around is Bills inability to get a stop in 6 consecutive drives

The Biggest issue on the offense is the Red-Zone woes continue. This is something that has to absolutely be looked at and solved during the bye week. 

If this defense was a good as we all thought 31 would have been absolutely enough to beat Titans. 

I know, but the best way to stop that is to keep the offense on the field and keep extending plays and eating up clock. Offense didn’t do enough in that regard. This is why we need a better Oline and RB. To beat physical teams you have to keep them off the field. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I know, but the best way to stop that is to keep the offense on the field and keep extending plays and eating up clock. Offense didn’t do enough in that regard. This is why we need a better Oline and RB. To beat physical teams you have to keep them off the field. 

You mean like having more first downs?  Winning the TOP?  Yes the Bills did that. 

your elite defense needs to make at least one stop. They couldn’t 

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

For me, it’s obvious, that RB/OL is a major need. We aren’t balanced enough to take games under control because we aren’t physical enough when it matters. Allen is exceptionally good, but so is Mahomes, and we have shown and been shown that it isn’t enough. To win in the NFL, you have to be balanced and dominate opponents to keep them off the field in critical moments. If a team wants to take Allen out of the game, we have no counter attack. How many times have we needed Singletary or Moss to impose their will enough to extend downs and to keep enough pressure off Allen to get in a grove. Sometimes it feels like Allen still thinks to himself that he needs to play hero ball at times because he thinks he needs to pick up large chunks of yards or else. I love that he has the heart of a lion and we need that, but its wrong to place that much responsibility on Allen. Most NFL teams have just enough of a power running attack to extend plays when needed, and we just don’t have that because we don’t have a good enough RB and we don’t have enough road graders on the line. We can blame the defense all we want, but at the end of a the day, a powerful balanced offense is the best defense. 

I was more surprised that the Bills didn’t carve the backups all second half in the secondary.  It appeared to me the rush really flustered Allen last night as he missed a lot of wide open receivers he just doesn’t usually miss.

before anyone starts rambling, no this is NOT a blueprint beat the Bills I’d say it’s one off that caught your young QB by surprise. 

Sorry, but the panic some people have makes me laugh.

Every SB winning team, bar the Phins, have lost at least one game during the season. It happens. The Titans played a hell of a game offensively, one player in particular, and even then we still were a couple of yards from winning it. If we had people wouldn't be panicking, even though that wouldn't have changed Henry's yardage and TD totals.

We lost a heartbreaker to the Cards last year and used it to go on a run. We can do the same here. 

Now if we lose to the Phins I will join you in panicking

Defense is designed to stop the Chiefs, but is susceptible to teams like Tennessee.  

Im sure if we play them again, we’ll have a better gameplan, but games like last night can happen against physical road grading teams that have a QB capable of throwing over linebackers on PA. 

OL is an issue.  Feliciano is backup quality and we need to pray Dawkins gets back to his pre-covid self because he has been on the struggle bus lately.   Left side of the line is an absolute albatross right now. 

• Agree 1

People act like SB teams don’t lose tough games during the season. Weren’t the Bucs 3-2 last year after week 5.  With a loss to the Bears. These are over reactions. The ones during the game were even worse. Constant Bills bashing. Everyone sucks. Lol. 

Edited by nedboy7

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I mean he basically did outside of one drive when he was looking for the kill shot instead of taking the easy underneath throws that were wide open…

He missed a lot of wide open receivers last night. I am 99% sure when he looks at the film Allen be shaking his head at just how many big plays he left out there. Like I said I think it was a fluke game. 

Red zone offense.  The end of game and 2 fgs is what decided it.  Convert 2 of the 3 into Tds and the game isnt that close.  They have things to clean up for sure.  I also think the right side of the oline is slowly becoming the strong side.  Dawkins has been nothing more than average so far.  The defense we caught in no mans land once Henry broke off that run.  Those days will happen.  

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

A center as well. There is no reason why a QB sneak can’t get a good push up the middle. Morse and Mongo aren’t good enough. The only NFL elite olineman we have is Brown imo. I honestly hope we draft every single pick on the line next draft and just cut the ones who don’t stick. 

Feliciano and Dawkins got absolutely destroyed on that 4th and short play. It appears Morse got enough push to get the first down, the only problem was the left side totally collapsed on Allen.  Dawkins landed in the backfield.

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

For me, it’s obvious, that RB/OL is a major need. We aren’t balanced enough to take games under control because we aren’t physical enough when it matters. Allen is exceptionally good, but so is Mahomes, and we have shown and been shown that it isn’t enough. To win in the NFL, you have to be balanced and dominate opponents to keep them off the field in critical moments. If a team wants to take Allen out of the game, we have no counter attack. How many times have we needed Singletary or Moss to impose their will enough to extend downs and to keep enough pressure off Allen to get in a grove. Sometimes it feels like Allen still thinks to himself that he needs to play hero ball at times because he thinks he needs to pick up large chunks of yards or else. I love that he has the heart of a lion and we need that, but its wrong to place that much responsibility on Allen. Most NFL teams have just enough of a power running attack to extend plays when needed, and we just don’t have that because we don’t have a good enough RB and we don’t have enough road graders on the line. We can blame the defense all we want, but at the end of a the day, a powerful balanced offense is the best defense. 

Running backs do no good when there is no hole. It's not their fault. 

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Defense is designed to stop the Chiefs, but is susceptible to teams like Tennessee.  

Im sure if we play them again, we’ll have a better gameplan, but games like last night can happen against physical road grading teams that have a QB capable of throwing over linebackers on PA. 

OL is an issue.  Feliciano is backup quality and we need to pray Dawkins gets back to his pre-covid self because he has been on the struggle bus lately.   Left side of the line is an absolute albatross right now. 

Maybe design maybe not. But Tennessee and Cleveland are similarly bad match ups for the Bills. Teams with decent QBs and great running games and a stout defensive front are where they struggle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think a couple of calls were boarder line that last 1st down looked to me that Josh landed on the line and made it but that's me don't know why McD didn't throw the red flag unless he couldn't in that situation .

The run game has been suspect i think maybe more because of the backs being smaller i wanted them to draft some one like AJ Dillon seeing as we are in B/lo after all and IMHO need a bigger back for goal line stuff but McD likes those 5'9" 190 wish lb backs i just don't get it why would you have 2 backs with very similar skill sets ...

But penalties killed us last night just stupid ones too what there was at least 2 TD's called back because of them can't do that and expect to win !! 

This was a game they should have won easily given their lack of D i think more so the team lost this one rather than the Titans won it .

Edited by T master

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.