Josh Made It On 3rd Down!

ExiledInIllinois

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

HE MISSED A DOUBLE WIDE OPEN BEASLEY ON THAT PLAY. 

BALL GAME IF HE LOOKS AT HIM😡

🤦‍♂️

Yep.  As I and others, he missed a lot of open receivers tonight.  On his third sack, he had a wide open checkdown in the right flat with lots of green space in front of him.  But he had decided he was going to go deep.  

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Yep.  As I and others, he missed a lot of open receivers tonight.  On his third sack, he had a wide open checkdown in the right flat with lots of green space in front of him.  But he had decided he was going to go deep.  

I hope he's not buying into the hype. You're right, he's passing up the underneath stuff. Can't always look for a highlight throw. Man Beasley could have had 5 more catches for like 75 yards. He was open underneath all day.  

Hope Josh doesn't form a habit of passing up those 10-20+ yard completions underneath 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But the fumbled ball went out past the line. Hmmm...

IF he fumbled it... It went forward before going out.  Should have been a first down in that case.  IF he lost control and fumbled it. Can a player fumble a ball forward out of bounds, I think they can.  Was he controlling it when his forearm, elbow touched... ?? IF NOT, then the ball was spotted wrong. 

No, you can't fumble forward, and particularly not in the last two minutes of a half. If you could you'd see everyone being tackled fumbling forward if their team was behind on third or fourth down. Those fumble rules come from the holy roller. If you fumble forward out of bounds it's spotted where the fumble occurred. Again, if that wasn't so, everyone would fumble forward every time they were going out of bounds to pick up a few extra yards.

More, it simply wasn't a fumble. No way. You're down when any part of your body but the bottom of your feet or the hand without the ball touches the ground. When his back hit the ground, he was down, and he had control then and until his ball hand went down and hit him in the chest.

It was not a fumble. It was not a first down.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

True enough, but he had time before he crossed the LOS to make the throw.  He committed to the run and that was that.  If he had made it, no one would care he could have passed for a TD.  That was just Josh being Josh.  I'll take it.

I disagree on that too. Just went and watched it again. He had to run forward and but through a narrow opening, and he had to look down to get through it. At the end of the opening there was a Titan reaching towards him on Josh's ball hand side, and he had to be really careful to protect it. He was running forward at the time and by the time he recovered throwing position and got his head up (a step and a half or so), he was past the LOS.

And just for the record, when he passed the LOS, Beasley wasn't open yet. Part of the reason Beasley was open was because the Titans saw Josh couldn't throw it and came pelting up to stop him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Think I said it last year…never trust a man named Clete.

You can trust Cletus Purcel, long as you're not trusting him to stay sober.

in any case, a lot of people talk about loving aggressive play calls. No, thanks. Smart ones, yeah. But any aggressive call? No, no thanks.

The Titans had a guy on the gap each side of the center and another on the other side of the LG. With the defense that well lined up to defend a sneak, they should have kicked it, or at least had Allen head out to one side with a choice to throw or run. I love it when they sneak when there's nobody in one of the center-guard gaps. Those situations present fantastic odds. This one not so much.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

When Josh had the pass tipped and had to bat it down dead... The play-by-play guy called Josh: "Tannehill"... Something like: "Good heads-up play to bat the ball down by Tannehill!"

Never apologized, or caught himself.  Just moved on to more Tennessee ball washing! 😕 

The clueless playcall by the commentator even mentioned it was a veteran move by Tannehill!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Tennessee def actually played well all things considered. Got big stops and really rallied to the ball. Super aggressive and I don’t think we had a very good game plan offensively. We got ours but didn’t convert when we needed to and we let them pick up way too many first downs in 3rd and long with these BS soft zones. And our pass rush was non existent. Oliver, Hughes, Greg, weren’t a factor. Edmunds played well I thought. Milano was a step slow. 

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This is their red line. I didn't put it there.  Josh was still fully in right at this moment.  Why they didn't go to official review (under 2 minutes) is a mystery:

IMG_20211018_233946861.thumb.jpg.c022fa30f21ab408975ee594195fc8a0.jpg

At least review it... 

When he rolled his shoulders and squared them down... Both are in.  His helmet is in on this shot!

I have the other angle and will post it shortly... 

No Way Meme GIF

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This is their red line. I didn't put it there.  Josh was still fully in right at this moment.  Why they didn't go to official review (under 2 minutes) is a mystery:

IMG_20211018_233946861.thumb.jpg.c022fa30f21ab408975ee594195fc8a0.jpg

At least review it... 

When he rolled his shoulders and squared them down... Both are in.  His helmet is in on this shot!

I have the other angle and will post it shortly... 

The right elbow is when he's down. Do that one. Then you'll be enlightened.

My opinion of these kind of plays is if you could barely get the minimum 10 yards to accomplish a first down then you didn't do your job well........certainly not well enough to complain about some other person(s) making a judgement call on the spot of the football.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.