Josh Made It On 3rd Down!

ExiledInIllinois

This is their red line. I didn't put it there.  Josh was still fully in right at this moment.  Why they didn't go to official review (under 2 minutes) is a mystery:

IMG_20211018_233946861.thumb.jpg.c022fa30f21ab408975ee594195fc8a0.jpg

At least review it... 

When he rolled his shoulders and squared them down... Both are in.  His helmet is in on this shot!

I have the other angle and will post it shortly... 

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This is their red line. I didn't put it there.  Josh was still fully in right at this moment.  Why they didn't go to official review (under 2 minutes) is a mystery:

At least review it... 

When he rolled his shoulders and squared them down... Both are in.  His helmet is in on this shot!

This picture was after his arm hit the ground with the ball clearly short of the 2 yard line. It wasn't close.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 10

He didn't, though. The ball was not extended when his initial arm/elbow hit, spotting the ball short. They got that call right, unfortunately. 

You don't get his rolling momentum. You get the initial ball location when he is first down or out of bounds.

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 12
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

He does not have control.  Can you fumble forward in their situation?  The call was first down and was overruled by the sky judge.  

Are you sure? I didn't notice that. He was clearly short, but I didn't know the spot was changed.

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

At least review it... 

But he doesn't have control of the ball in this shot.  Where was he when he had control of the ball?

3 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

He didn't, though. The ball was not extended when his initial shoulder hit, spotting the ball short. They got that call right, unfortunately. 

You don't get his rolling momentum. You get the initial ball location when he is first down or out of bounds.

Yes it was short. Josh just wasn't able to extend the ball because of the way/angle he was hit. It was inches from another highlight play by him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.