About the #1 Seed

Big Blitz

At Tampa 

At New England

At New Orleans 

Those are our 3 toughest games.  Win 2 of them and win every other game imo then I'd say we're 50-50 for the #1 seed.  

Check that:  60-40

We'd be 14-3 and I don't think that the Chargers will get there - it's the Ravens - but hopefully that division starts beating each other.  

If they stay healthy Tennessee will be around 12-5 or 13-4.  But that's a long shot bc they won't stay healthy and that defense is terrible.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

At Tampa 

At New England

At New Orleans 

Those are our 3 toughest games.  Win 2 of them and win every other game imo then I'd say we're 50-50 for the #1 seed.  

We'd be 14-3 and I don't think that the Chargers will get there - it's the Ravens - but hopefully that division starts beating each other.  

If they stay healthy Tennessee will be around 12-5 or 13-4.  But that's a long shot bc they won't stay healthy and that defense is terrible.  

Lol, at 14-3 I would say the odds are more like 99-1. Come on. 

The Ravens? We are talking about a team that barely beat the lions and colts. They are not going 14-3. Plus they have a much tougher schedule.

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

At Tampa 

At New England

At New Orleans 

Definitely a tough loss because it would’ve been a relative glide to the one seed (depending on what baltimore does.) but yeah there’s a lot more to it now

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They're tied for 5th in the NFL in rushing yards. And in top half in yards per carry.

Because of Allen, who's NOT a running back. If they don't find a consistent running game, the season is a mirage. The Bills RB's have been piling up yards late in games because the Bills have had big leads against bad teams. I don't count garbage time yards in the 4th quarter. Your numbers are meaningless. The Bills RB's are a huge albatross on this team.. Period.     

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t know are the refs going to call bull#### foul that’s going to take away a kick off return for a touchdown I don’t even care if it was a legit call refs don’t call all of them

It was a legit call but it did not affect the play since McKenzie was already moving past the line where the block/hold occurred.  The refs are just always on high alert during kickoff returns. 

1 hour ago, Ross Murdock said:

Because of Allen, who's NOT a running back. If they don't find a consistent running game, the season is a mirage. The Bills RB's have been piling up yards late in games because the Bills have had big leads against bad teams. I don't count garbage time yards in the 4th quarter. Your numbers are meaningless. The Bills RB's are a huge albatross on this team.. Period.     

The problems aren’t the running backs the problems are the offense of line that won’t block for ***** Our first round pick in this next draft needs to be a run mowing guard

2 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Doesn't matter. (The Ravens are a lock at this point).The Bills have NO RUNNING Game!! You can't win consistently in crunch time, and especially in the playoffs with NO RUNNING GAME. The league now knows this. Most of the Bills running backs numbers are inflated as they have been running the ball late in blowouts against BAD teams. Name a Super Bowl winning team that had NO RUNIING GAME? None. McBean has been great, but their blind spot regarding the running game will cost the Bills a championship this season.   

2 hours ago, McBean said:

Brutal fkn loss

You keep trotting Singletary out there then yeah, you’re right.

He’s terrible .

Singletary 5 carries 27 yards 5.4 ypc

Moss 8 carries 24 yards 3.0 ypc

I wouldnt say the Bills have no running game and Singletary was damn good running today.  They just didnt run all that much.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The problems aren’t the running backs the problems are the offense of line that won’t block for ***** Our first round pick in this next draft needs to be a run mowing guard

I agree with the sentiment, but it's pretty rare for guards the go in the first round, right?

It's definitely a priority. This team with even moderately better guard play probably wins tonight. 

15 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I agree with the sentiment, but it's pretty rare for guards the go in the first round, right?

It's definitely a priority. This team with even moderately better guard play probably wins tonight. 

It’s going to be an end of the first round pick a perfect place to take a top guard

5 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Doesn't matter. (The Ravens are a lock at this point).The Bills have NO RUNNING Game!! You can't win consistently in crunch time, and especially in the playoffs with NO RUNNING GAME. The league now knows this. Most of the Bills running backs numbers are inflated as they have been running the ball late in blowouts against BAD teams. Name a Super Bowl winning team that had NO RUNIING GAME? None. McBean has been great, but their blind spot regarding the running game will cost the Bills a championship this season.   

That is factually INACCURATE.  The Bills are ranked 5th in the NFL through 6 games with 130.7 yards/game.  Now if you want to say the top 4 are appreciably better as the next one up is the Ravens at 4th with 155.2 yds/game.  Maybe you’re not including Allen in you’re assessment, but Allen is a rushing threat.

For example, most of the NFL pundits still feel the Bucs are an NFC candidate to come back and repeat as they are 5-1, but they are 28th in rushing at 85.3 yds./game.  Our D Line lost that game last night.  On this night, we did not get pressure.

We absolutely still have a chance at the #1 seed.  The Ravens won over the Lions on a 66 yard lucky as heck field goal dinking in on the goal post.  The Lions are winless.  The Ravens are excellent in how they destroyed the Chargers Sunday, but so did the Bills against the Chiefs.  The Ravens have the Browns twice, the Packers, and the Rams.  Maybe some of us are just really PO’ed we lost last night.  There is a really god bet we win the next 6 games.  Can we get it figured out by the Bucs?

The Bills have a relatively easy schedule minus the Bucs.  For me, it’s take a break, trust this team, trust Allen, and McBeane, and know it’s a long season.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes.  It will help.  

But its just not THE most important thing.  You telling me a team like Tennessee couldn't come into Highmark and do that in January?

Health and getting hot at the right time is.

See Tampa (3 road wins) and KC (injuries to oline) last year.  

I don’t think Tennessee comes within 2tds of the bills on a neutral field much less upstate New York…you’re talking about a team that lost to the Jets two weeks ago on the road 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Ravens are now the favorites for the one seed but it's early.  Tough loss but this team always bounces back.  I'm hoping we can string a lot of wins in a row now with an easy schedule using this as fuel.

With the number of times they narrowly escaped losses this year, they will end up with their fair share. Can't keep winning the way they have been most of the year, will eventually regress to the mean.

The Bills really don't try to run it.  Our Rbs our fine.  The schedule really opens up now.  I said all along I will be happy with 1-1 result on the KC/Tenn game, those are road Monday night games.  Even the Bills super bowl teams rarely won those type of games when they were played at night when they rolled into arrowhead or three rivers.  We will have our division wrapped up by Thanksgiving.  Seeding not sure, the good thing is Baltimore and KC division, those teams should beat each other up.  Tenn has got it a bit easier.  That division is almost as bad as ours.  

7 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Singletary is sitting at 5.4 ypc on the year and moss is at 3.9.

I think we’ve seen that the offense still scores in the 30’s with a bit more running thrown in.

The Bills don’t go wild trying to run, and after running three times on second down in the first half, the offense stabilized and still scored.

Ok just looked at the Ravens schedule again.  

So long as Pittsburgh keeps trying (week 17) there are 4 legit potential losses minimum in there.  Of course they get the Rams in Baltimore.

Minnesota, 2 v Pittsburgh, Green Bay, 2 v Cleveland.

I feel a bit better.  

The Chargers and Titans have the easier schedules.  But will need to match us the rest of the way so....   

Edited by Big Blitz

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

It was a legit call but it did not affect the play since McKenzie was already moving past the line where the block/hold occurred.  The refs are just always on high alert during kickoff returns. 

I'm at the point where I'd just do away with kickoffs period. Place the ball at the 25 and go from there.

I'm getting there with punt returns as well. Not quite, but could be convinced. Not sure how to handle that one, but a play with only penalties is anything but exciting.

7 hours ago, McBean said:

Brutal fkn loss

You keep trotting Singletary out there then yeah, you’re right.

He’s terrible .

Moss was the one who was terrible last night. Seemed like every time we went to Moss the drive died. Moss was pathetic on the INT, he jumped in the air in panic and took himself out of the play, when he was in perfect position to either make the catch or break up the int. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.