About the #1 Seed

Big Blitz

Yes.  It will help.  

But its just not THE most important thing.  You telling me a team like Tennessee couldn't come into Highmark and do that in January?

Health and getting hot at the right time is.

See Tampa (3 road wins) and KC (injuries to oline) last year.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes.  It will help.  

But its just not THE most important thing.  You telling me a team like Tennessee couldn't come into Highmark and do that in January?

I don’t know are the refs going to call bull#### foul that’s going to take away a kick off return for a touchdown I don’t even care if it was a legit call refs don’t call all of them

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean it definitely doesn't hurt, plus a bye is nice.(especially on the getting healthy front)

If we lock up the division and say the 2 seed by week 18 there is your bye.  

Again, it would be ideal, just put me in the "I don't care" column.  Only 1 team gets it.  It's dumb but I'll take the 2 seed also and watch the Chiefs or Titans go to Baltimore in round 2 and win....and we get the AFCG at home.

Lots can happen just don't think it's worth stressing over at all.    

Just now, Big Blitz said:

If we lock up the division and say the 2 seed by week 18 there is your bye.  

Again, it would be ideal, just put me in the "I don't care" column.  Only 1 team gets it.  It's dumb but I'll take the 2 seed also and watch the Chiefs or Titans go to Baltimore in round 2 and win....and we get the AFCG at home.

Lots can happen just don't think it's worth stressing over at all.    

Only one team in each conference gets the bye anymore.

• Thank you (+1) 1

When your have a Bye week very early in the season, that extra week of rest late in the season makes a big difference.

It’s less about home games and more about that. Plus I’ll take a guaranteed 1st round win any day.

That’s the goal and we took a tough loss today. Lets not minimize how important that seed is.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Only one team in each conference gets the bye anymore.

Right I'm saying if say you clinch a 2 seed by week 18 you can use week 18 as essentially a bye.

To get the one seed we're going to have to go 14-4 at worst.  

I don't know if we can count on 5 losses to Baltimore and maybe the Titans (look at that schedule maybe 3 losses at most).   

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Right I'm saying if say you clinch a 2 seed by week 18 you can use week 18 as essentially a bye.

To get the one seed we're going to have to go 14-4 at worst.  

I don't know if we can count on 5 losses to Baltimore and maybe the Titans (look at that schedule maybe 3 losses at most).   

That's not a bye you still have to field a team and play them.

• Agree 1

Doesn't matter. (The Ravens are a lock at this point).The Bills have NO RUNNING Game!! You can't win consistently in crunch time, and especially in the playoffs with NO RUNNING GAME. The league now knows this. Most of the Bills running backs numbers are inflated as they have been running the ball late in blowouts against BAD teams. Name a Super Bowl winning team that had NO RUNIING GAME? None. McBean has been great, but their blind spot regarding the running game will cost the Bills a championship this season.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Brutal fkn loss

2 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Doesn't matter. (The Ravens are a lock at this point).The Bills have NO RUNNING Game!! You can't win consistently in crunch time, and especially in the playoffs with NO RUNNING GAME. The league now knows this. Most of the Bills running backs numbers are inflated as they have been running the ball late in blowouts against BAD teams. Name a Super Bowl winning team that had NO RUNIING GAME? None. McBean has been great, but their blind spot regarding the running game will cost the Bills a championship this season.   

You keep trotting Singletary out there then yeah, you’re right.

He’s terrible .

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes.  It will help.  

The bye is immensely important. Look up the stats

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ross Murdock said:

The Ravens needed a record breaking FG to beat the Lions, and a super flukey fumble to beat the Chiefs. AND a last minute TD/2 point conversion along with a missed 47 yard FG to beat the Colts.

Things have really broken their way in close games, I wouldn’t say they are a lock at all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

They're tied for 5th in the NFL in rushing yards. And in top half in yards per carry.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.