Josh's Fault

Warcodered

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Isiah taking it to the house and getting a holding call on a guy who has zero chance of tackling him 

Would have left a ton of time on the clock if we scored on the KR. 

Is it crap coaching or undisciplined players (or both) on our special teams?  Tired of penalties on what seems like EVERY kick return.

11 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Is it crap coaching or undisciplined players (or both) on our special teams?  Tired of penalties on what seems like EVERY kick return.

I actually think Mckensie’s scutterbug running style contributes a lot to these penalties. Our guys are trying to block a guy one way, then McKittrick shifts 3 different ways and suddenly their guys’ back is to our guy. ie Andre Roberts typically picked an angle and just flew. We didn’t have many penalties at all when he returned kicks.

By the way, he’s available. juss sayin’

21 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Is it me, or does Andre Smith get one or two penalties on special teams every game. Some players are dumber than a box of rocks, but unfortunately, the fundamentals are not taught anymore.

Our coaches don't seem able to teach the bad habits out of players. 

It's unfortunate, but unless some of these players learn the fundies, it will be another disappointment this year.

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Clearly Josh should never be allowed to catch a pass in a game again, it's clearly cursed.

Any other terrible reasons things didn't go our way?

I wore my Allen jersey again. First time since opening day. May not wear it again this year.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I actually think Mckensie’s scutterbug running style contributes a lot to these penalties. Our guys are trying to block a guy one way, then McKittrick shifts 3 different ways and suddenly their guys’ back is to our guy. ie Andre Roberts typically picked an angle and just flew. We didn’t have many penalties at all when he returned kicks.

By the way, he’s available. juss sayin’

Maybe a little.

A lot of it is undisciplined blocking.  If you don’t see the guys face, don’t block him.  Shouldn’t matter where the return guy is, don’t block in the back.

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

Is it me, or does Andre Smith get one or two penalties on special teams every game. Some players are dumber than a box of rocks, but unfortunately, the fundamentals are not taught anymore.

Our coaches don't seem able to teach the bad habits out of players. 

It's unfortunate, but unless some of these players learn the fundies, it will be another disappointment this year.

It’s the little things that win or lose close games.

I hate brady with a passion.  Thing is, he is an ultra-disciplined player and expects the best from his teammates.  

Can’t make mistakes when up by 20, and especially cant make mistakes trying to come from behind.

6 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Stop wearing the freaking blue pants!!

I remember thinking that when we played KC when the uni was announced.  For some reason I thought we were going all white, and was surprised when we came out with blue pants. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.