Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

11 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

If Lamar keeps playing the way he has recently, he's your winner. I'm not sure Kyler can keep it up.

Does everyone saying Lamar should be MVP watch him?

He's not bad, but he's had 1 great game against a bad team that nearly won. He had a game against a now 0-6 team his HOF kicker bailed him out against. He's had 2 games where he's had more Turnovers than TDs. And the first time his team dominated another good team this season it was really all about Baltimore's D, not him.

And I also have to say that as much as we all want to see Allen fix his fumbling issues, Jackson has much further to go in doing that.

11 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

MVP?  Please.  JA brought us back, but he cost us the game when he missed Diggs in the EZ and we had to settle for a FG.  Also failed to get the first down we needed at the end.  Don't get me wrong, I love JA, but let's stop with the MVP talk.  We're 4-2 and just gave the Titians the tie breaker.

So... 2 plays are your entire argument?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

12 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Tier I (1-6) 

1 - Kyler Murray (6-0) 

2 - Lamar Jackson (5-1) 

3 - Tom Brady (5-1) 

4 - Dak Prescott (5-1) 

5 - Matthew Stafford (5-1) 

6 - Aaron Rodgers (5-1) 

Tier II (7-10)

7 - Derrick Henry (4-2) 

8 - Josh Allen (4-2) 

9 - Justin Herbert (4-2) 

10 -  Derek Carr (4-2) 

Not according to any book rn

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

So then how was it the wrong call bruh?

Oh I see... you're trying desperately to win an argument of semantics by not considering the need to immediately run the play as opposed to calling a timeout and giving the D time to prepare.

The whole point is catching the D off guard when running those QB sneaks and running the play right away. That's how Brady has always done it.

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oh I see... you're trying desperately to win an argument of semantics by not considering the need to immediately run the play as opposed to calling a timeout and giving the D time to prepare.

The whole point is catching the D off guard when running those QB sneaks and running the play right away. That's how Brady has always done it.

Daboll didn’t call timeout bruh.

38 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So... 2 plays are your entire argument?

In a game that close, we needed Josh to make 1 more play.  He missed Diggs for a wide open TD, and he missed getting the first down twice (3 plays).  I'm sure there are others he didn't make that impacted the final outcome, but I just picked the three I felt were the clearest and closest examples.  Josh Allen MVP talk after such a brutal loss just triggered me.  Is my judgement harsh?  Perhaps.  Fair?  I think so, given that Josh is by far the highest paid player on the team.  He has to make at least one of those plays, especially when his OL and DL is getting pwned.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Are you being intentionally obstinate or are you really just this dense?

It was a bad Daboll playcall, even though you call a sneak 10/10 times there, because someone else called a timeout, and it wasn’t even Daboll’s playcall. This is you. 

Get Dabs name of your lips. Show some respect.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

It was a bad Daboll playcall, even though you call a sneak 10/10 times there, because someone else called a timeout, and it wasn’t even Daboll’s playcall. This is you. 

Get Dabs name of your lips. Show some respect.

Got it... you're just dense. Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Henry 

Brady

Murray

Everyone else however the hell you want to rank them.   

Lol Lamar.  66 yard field goal from not even mentioning him.   

66 yard fg that never should've even happened...refs missed the most obvious delay of game of all time the play before that 

58 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

In a game that close, we needed Josh to make 1 more play.  He missed Diggs for a wide open TD, and he missed getting the first down twice (3 plays).  I'm sure there are others he didn't make that impacted the final outcome, but I just picked the three I felt were the clearest and closest examples.  Josh Allen MVP talk after such a brutal loss just triggered me.  Is my judgement harsh?  Perhaps.  Fair?  I think so, given that Josh is by far the highest paid player on the team.  He has to make at least one of those plays, especially when his OL and DL is getting pwned.

People keep going on about guys that are wide open either after josh has thrown the ball to someone else or after he has rolled to the other side of the field or after he has already scrambled past the line of scrimmage...I think mostly because the commentators were absolute fools last night 🤣 I do remember them saying ohhhhh this guy was wide open and it being one of those situations quite a few times.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yupp. And before the game he was the favorite. He gets that 1st down and then a TD and he remains the favorite. Oh well, he’ll clean up the next 3 games, besides, MVP award would be great and all but the Super Bowl is the prize.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Henry beat Allen and is the top RB in league by far. Is he not the definition of an MVP?

How could an offensive player on one team 'beat' an offensive player on another team 🤣 in fact...I think your logic is completely backwards and further cemented Josh as a true mvp in that loss.  Dude was the whole team the defense couldn't get a stop and the offensive line couldn't block for almost the entire game and we still were a few inches from getting the win.  

2 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Yupp. And before the game he was the favorite. He gets that 1st down and then a TD and he remains the favorite. Oh well, he’ll clean up the next 3 games, besides, MVP award would be great and all but the Super Bowl is the prize.

I would def agree with this...people seem to think mvp is find the best team and pick the best player on it but that's not at all what an mvp is lol dak and Kyler have very similar 'these two guys carry the team' vibes to Josh 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

20 minutes ago, RosseauDaGawd said:

He played above himself last year, easy schedule. We still have such an easy schedule that he could do well, but he is definitely overrated by the media/fans.

Ummmm…no, he’s not overrated by anyone. He’s underrated by the media by how little coverage he gets compared to Mahoney, and Dak. And fans on this site after 2 weeks were questioning if he was even good. 

will this go as well as the other thread?

Allen probably won't ever be the best deep ball thrower in the league

Season 3 Message GIF by The Simpsons

Next Gen Stats' top 10 deep passers of 2020: Aaron Rodgers lands at No. 4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/next-gen-stats-top-10-deep-passers-of-2020-aaron-rodgers-lands-at-no-4

Let's get to the top 10.

Rank. 10

Josh Allen

Deep attempts: 26-of-64, 771 yards,

9:3 TD-to-INT ratio, 106.2 passer rating

Comp: 40.6%

xComp: 33.5%

CPOE: +7.1%

All right Bills fans, put away your torches and pitchforks. Your newfound king has finally received his recognition on this list.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Thanks captain obvious 

I had no idea 

Hmmm... this was a pretty useless post.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

will this go as well as the other thread?

Allen probably won't ever be the best deep ball thrower in the league

Season 3 Message GIF by The Simpsons

Next Gen Stats' top 10 deep passers of 2020: Aaron Rodgers lands at No. 4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/next-gen-stats-top-10-deep-passers-of-2020-aaron-rodgers-lands-at-no-4

I see he's #10. Was that supposed to debunk something I said? If so, do you have a medical problem where you can't see zeros and you actually thought he was #1?

I wonder if you actually read that post.

Also, based on these pretty useless posts, I think it's important for you to go see a therapist regarding your severe insecurity over your online persona.

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to MVP race for Josh outta the BYE: 65.4% comp %, 20 TDs, 4 TOs, 103 Passer Rating (Fins game talk page 3 on)

Anyone else wonder why we bother running the ball sometimes?

Solid game by Josh. It seemed clear our OL was a lesser version of itself without Brown at RT. Sloppy 1st half but the team looked much stronger in the 2nd.

Love the focus on getting Beasley the ball. 

Anyone else impressed that for what appeared to be an average game for Allen still had him with over 300 total yards, 3 TDs and 0 turnovers?

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.