Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Anyone else wonder why we bother running the ball sometimes?

Solid game by Josh. It seemed clear our OL was a lesser version of itself without Brown at RT. Sloppy 1st half but the team looked much stronger in the 2nd.

Love the focus on getting Beasley the ball. 

Anyone else impressed that for what appeared to be an average game for Allen still had him with over 300 total yards, 3 TDs and 0 turnovers?

I was impressed that what I would have called overall an average game for Josh was again a match winning performance because he makes great plays even when he isn't playing great if that makes sense? The two touchdown passes were both exceptional for different reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Solid game by Josh. It seemed clear our OL was a lesser version of itself without Brown at RT. Sloppy 1st half but the team looked much stronger in the 2nd.

Anyone else impressed that for what appeared to be an average game for Allen still had him with over 300 total yards, 3 TDs and 0 turnovers?

I think that was an above average game by Allen again…we played some nice complimentary football for a few weeks but we’re back to the josh Allen carrying the offensive unit show lol 

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I really don't think he's in the MVP race at this point in time. Will need to finish the season out as the best QB in the league to get it, and that doesn't seem too likely.

He’s probably back to being pretty close to the betting favorite again imo…remember we’re a game behind a lot of teams if you’re just looking at stat sheets. He just has too many outrageous highlights to not be in the conversation. By definition he is the mvp in my eyes…our offensive line has been dreadful most of the season. Someone like dak has a stout oline and a running game to support him. The bills offense has been the josh does everything show 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

So many fans were happy the Bills brought back those O-linemen in the offseason, I was hoping for upgrades...

I was happy they brought back Daryl Williams and kept Morse. Wasn’t so enthused about keeping Feliciano/not doing anything at OG. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Focusing on Beasley and other players made sense with Miami Sharks having 2 very good CBs.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I really don't think he's in the MVP race at this point in time. Will need to finish the season out as the best QB in the league to get it, and that doesn't seem too likely.

He was 2nd in votes last year. He's doing the same stuff this year. He is the offense for one of the best teams in the league.

He is absolutely in the race.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

He's not doing what he did last year, also there are more QB's doing more than him this year as opposed to last. He will need to go crazy as the season closes to win it. The Bills O-line probably isn't up to the task for this to happen.

How does the bills oline have anything to do with josh being mvp…it’s not a ‘who has the best stats’ award. In fact josh being successful with a travesty of an offensive line improves his case. He’s been better than last year 

Not to mention two of the competing guys Herbert and Brady have looked very mediocre today 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I'll eschew MVP comments for moment (too early). But:

QB TTD-TO ratios are, generally speaking, way underrated; imo, due to fantasy dominance/interest.

Now, look at JA: 20/4.

Per statsmuse, 0.57/game this year; rookie year 1.17, last year 1.0. And, btw, only 8 sacks, behind an avg at best OL.

Bottom line: this is ridiculous improvement AND top tier performance.

Esp in light of his offensive burden, and the supposed last knock on him (ball security).

I would never have imagined this 5 yrs ago. I don't know about MVP this minute, but he'll win multiple SBs/MVPs during his career.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dukestreetking said:

QB TTD-TO ratios are, generally speaking, way underrated; imo, due to fantasy dominance/interest.

Per statsmuse, 0.57/game this year; rookie year 1.17, last year 1.0. And, btw, only 8 sacks, behind an avg at best OL.

Esp in light of his offensive burden, and the supposed last knock on him (ball security).

I would never have imagined this 5 yrs ago. I don't know about MVP this minute, but he'll win multiple SBs/MVPs during his career.

You watched him in college?  Heck I wouldn’t have imagined this prior to last season.

11 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

He's not doing what he did last year, also there are more QB's doing more than him this year as opposed to last. He will need to go crazy as the season closes to win it. The Bills O-line probably isn't up to the task for this to happen.

Yeah, okey dokey

Through 6 games:

2021 - 64%, 17 TDs, 1723 pass yds, 214 rush yds

2020 - 66%, 19 TDs, 1711 pass yds, 143 rush yds

He's doing the same things.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Having more SB MVP's is better than regular season MVP's. I rather Josh Allen as a Buffalo Bill have 4 - 6 Superbowl MVP trophies

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Josh is playing fine. I think he’s one of the best QBs in the league. But if they voted for MVP today, he wouldn’t finish in the top three. Not saying that’s right, it just is what it is.

Henry 

Brady

Kupp

Murray

Allen

Top 5

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.