Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

Tonight SUCKED!!!

Biggest thing that sucked about it was that 2 things we all probably recently thought we fixed proved they still need plenty of attention: Defense and OL.

But even in a loss, Allen was excellent. The interception was partially on him because he should have thrown it earlier or sensed the pressure... but even that might be a little unfair.

Overall he came up with clutch play after clutch play. Heck I knew he'd drive the team down the field at the end of the 4th; even though he didn't do that a lot last season (he didn't really have to), he led the league in 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives through his first 2 years.

Daboll just made--and yes, hindsight is 20/20--a bad call to end the game. (I also think he stuck with the run game just a little too much... but I understand the reason for it). I loved that playcall by Daboll, but only if he makes sure Allen has it in his back pocket for situations just like that last play.

And frankly, that's the last hurdle I believe this team needs to get over... mastering situational football. I've said it several times, but 3rd or 4th and short with a giant QB like Allen should be a no brainer run to the line QB sneak or fake QB sneak. Just freaking do it already! Brady made a career doing that!

Regardless, as upset as I am about that loss (and I am!!!), Josh has really come into form after a fairly rough start to the season.

Oh... and let’s all just remember the heartbreaking road loss this team suffered right before their bye last season and the thrashing we put on teams after.

Yeah... I envision Josh and the team stewing over this loss and coming out angry to finish the season.

Lord help you Miami...

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

I didn’t like a couple of throws he made and that sack on the 2nd to last drive should have been avoided but if you don’t think we have an excellent QB who played great again today, I recommend watching any other nfl game.

omg what wound this board do if he played like Herbert did yesterday or mayfield had all season

Just now, FireChans said:

How can you say it was a bad call and in the same breath call a sneak a no brainer???? What

I would have liked him to take the snap out the shotgun so he could pick the direction to run BUT he’s gold on 95% of qb sneaks. Dawkins got blown up, Josh has no chance

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

How can you say it was a bad call and in the same breath call a sneak a no brainer???? What

Context bruh 

Call should ALWAYS be in your back pocket without having to call a timeout so that the D doesn't have time to prepare for the play.

Are you new being a Bills fan? Those of us who've been around for awhile watched Brady do that to us and everyone else successfully for nearly 20 years 

Tier I (1-6) 

1 - Kyler Murray (6-0) 

2 - Lamar Jackson (5-1) 

3 - Tom Brady (5-1) 

4 - Dak Prescott (5-1) 

5 - Matthew Stafford (5-1) 

6 - Aaron Rodgers (5-1) 

Tier II (7-10)

7 - Derrick Henry (4-2) 

8 - Josh Allen (4-2) 

9 - Justin Herbert (4-2) 

10 -  Derek Carr (4-2) 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 3

He played very well tonight, especially considering how shaky the offensive line was all night. In a shootout every offensive mistake is amplified. But he really only made a few errors. I'm not going to nitpick them. Give me his stat line tonight every game for the rest of the season.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

He’s certainly in the conversation but to say he’s the front runner is probably not true. 

this loss hurt a lot. It’s becoming clear that there will be a lot of QB’s with great stats. The one that will win will probably be the one that is on the tree am that goes 16-1 or 15-2. Allen and the Bills can still do that, just less room for error.

how often does the QB that wins MVP not come from the #1 seed out of either conference?

But again, Allen and the Bills probably still the favorite to grab that seed in the AFC. But problem is, if Murray in the NFC has similar or better stats and same or better record it will be hard for Allen to beat him.

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

But again, Allen and the Bills probably still the favorite to grab that seed in the AFC. But problem is, if Murray in the NFC has similar or better stats and same or better record it will be hard for Allen to beat him.

I just don't really care... Allen winning MVP would be a cool story. It would not guarantee us a championship. He is still an elite QB and clearly talented enough to win a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Tier I (1-6) 

1 - Kyler Murray (6-0) 

2 - Lamar Jackson (5-1) 

3 - Tom Brady (5-1) 

4 - Dak Prescott (5-1) 

5 - Matthew Stafford (5-1) 

6 - Aaron Rodgers (5-1) 

Tier II (7-10)

7 - Derrick Henry (4-2) 

8 - Josh Allen (4-2) 

9 - Justin Herbert (4-2) 

10 -  Derek Carr (4-2) 

Wins aren't a QB stat

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.