Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

53 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

this loss hurt a lot. It’s becoming clear that there will be a lot of QB’s with great stats. The one that will win will probably be the one that is on the tree am that goes 16-1 or 15-2. Allen and the Bills can still do that, just less room for error.

how often does the QB that wins MVP not come from the #1 seed out of either conference?

But again, Allen and the Bills probably still the favorite to grab that seed in the AFC. But problem is, if Murray in the NFC has similar or better stats and same or better record it will be hard for Allen to beat him.

There won't be a QB on a team that goes 16-1 or 15-2 or even 14-3.  Those losses, where they shouldn't come, will happen, throughout this year.  OUR TEAM is one of , if not, the best team in the NFL, even after this loss.  Just wait and see the coverage tomorrow, and how it continues to warp to the Bills being the best team in the NFL, throughout the year.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Tonight SUCKED!!!

Biggest thing that sucked about it was that 2 things we all probably recently thought we fixed proved they still need plenty of attention: Defense and OL.

But even in a loss, Allen was excellent. The interception was partially on him because he should have thrown it earlier or sensed the pressure... but even that might be a little unfair.

Overall he came up with clutch play after clutch play. Heck I knew he'd drive the team down the field at the end of the 4th; even though he didn't do that a lot last season (he didn't really have to), he led the league in 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives through his first 2 years.

Daboll just made--and yes, hindsight is 20/20--a bad call to end the game. (I also think he stuck with the run game just a little too much... but I understand the reason for it). I loved that playcall by Daboll, but only if he makes sure Allen has it in his back pocket for situations just like that last play.

And frankly, that's the last hurdle I believe this team needs to get over... mastering situational football. I've said it several times, but 3rd or 4th and short with a giant QB like Allen should be a no brainer run to the line QB sneak or fake QB sneak. Just freaking do it already! Brady made a career doing that!

Regardless, as upset as I am about that loss (and I am!!!), Josh has really come into form after a fairly rough start to the season.

Oh... and let’s all just remember the heartbreaking road loss this team suffered right before their bye last season and the thrashing we put on teams after.

Yeah... I envision Josh and the team stewing over this loss and coming out angry to finish the season.

Lord help you Miami...

allen is still playing elite but there is no way, no how he is an MVP favorite. He’s still in the convo for sure. Murray’s better. Lamar is hotter over the past two weeks. Brady is still being Brady, unfortunately. Allen’s somewhere around 4th or 5th (forgot about Rodgers.)

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

MVP?  Please.  JA brought us back, but he cost us the game when he missed Diggs in the EZ and we had to settle for a FG.  Also failed to get the first down we needed at the end.  Don't get me wrong, I love JA, but let's stop with the MVP talk.  We're 4-2 and just gave the Titians the tie breaker.

LOL.  You have no love.  You're one of those, I want to win, but I'll be the first to hate on if we don't, type of ####### JACKASS, DOUCHE-BAGS.  I'm so done with even posting over here.  You people are so ***** hateful, literally full of HATE, I'm done with you on this site.  I don't understand how you guys still have a football team, with all the hate you level.  Evil people, evil minds, hateful hearts.  I'm done posting on this site.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

LOL.  You have no love.  You're one of those, I want to win, but I'll be the first to hate on if we don't, type of ####### JACKASS, DOUCHE-BAGS.  I'm so done with even posting over here.  You people are so ***** hateful, literally full of HATE, I'm done with you on this site.  I don't understand how you guys still have a football team, with all the hate you level.  Evil people, evil minds, hateful hearts.  I'm done posting on this site.

👋 👋 👋 

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Context bruh 

Call should ALWAYS be in your back pocket without having to call a timeout so that the D doesn't have time to prepare for the play.

Are you new being a Bills fan? Those of us who've been around for awhile watched Brady do that to us and everyone else successfully for nearly 20 years 

So then how was it the wrong call bruh?

6 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

allen is still playing elite but there is no way, no how he is an MVP favorite. He’s still in the convo for sure. Murray’s better. Lamar is hotter over the past two weeks. Brady is still being Brady, unfortunately. Allen’s somewhere around 4th or 5th (forgot about Rodgers.)

I would agree that Josh is probably in the range of 2-4 in terms of MVP favorite and there are several whom can make that claim being Murray, Lamar, Herbert and probably Henry. I disagree that Murray is better. If you look at their numbers, they are on par with Murray having better completion%, passer rating and a few other categories and Josh having slightly more touchdowns and less interceptions and fumbles. What separates them currently is the win/loss record. 

As for Lamar, I don't think he is playing better, I think  because his team is winning and Josh just lost, so your viewpoint is slightly skewed IMO. 

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

MVP?  Please.  JA brought us back, but he cost us the game when he missed Diggs in the EZ and we had to settle for a FG.  Also failed to get the first down we needed at the end.  Don't get me wrong, I love JA, but let's stop with the MVP talk.  We're 4-2 and just gave the Titians the tie breaker.

Cost us the game? Lmao. You guys are insane. Yeah man, Josh totally cost us by not completing 100% of his passes. You need help. Allen is the sole reason we were competitive

• Like (+1) 2

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to Josh an MVP frontrunner going into the BYE: 64.8% comp %, 17 TDs, 4 TOs, 103.6 Passer Rating
8 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Tier I (1-6) 

1 - Kyler Murray (6-0) 

2 - Lamar Jackson (5-1) 

3 - Tom Brady (5-1) 

4 - Dak Prescott (5-1) 

5 - Matthew Stafford (5-1) 

6 - Aaron Rodgers (5-1) 

Tier II (7-10)

7 - Derrick Henry (4-2) 

8 - Josh Allen (4-2) 

9 - Justin Herbert (4-2) 

10 -  Derek Carr (4-2) 

Carr is having a really good season, not at an MVP level so far.

Herbert has been too up and down.

I don't agree with your tiers, but I think all 7 of those guys from Allen up on your list are bunched closely together. Allen’s not at the front, but he's still one of the frontrunners.

Part of this is also projecting what's coming. We're going from the toughest 2 game stretch (where Allen played fantastic in primetime... even in a loss) to a bye week immediately after a loss (the McDermott Buffalo Bills are 5-0 coming off the bye) with the easiest 4 game stretch on our schedule. Buffalo only has 1 more game against an obvious playoff team. 

Last night Josh excelled despite playing a defense that was clearly prepared for him, sub par offensive line play and a reversion to pretty much no running game.

Is anyone going to bet that he's not going to come out in Orchard Park absolutely on fire against the Dolphins? He already OWNS the Dolphins!

Then it's Jags, Jets, Colts before 2 primetime games in a row against the Saints and Patriots.

All this is to say that even after an ugly game 1 and shaky game 2, Allen has rounded into his 2020 MVP form and has put himself up in the group of frontrunners. Can't wait to see what comes after the bye.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Tonight SUCKED!!!

Biggest thing that sucked about it was that 2 things we all probably recently thought we fixed proved they still need plenty of attention: Defense and OL.

But even in a loss, Allen was excellent. The interception was partially on him because he should have thrown it earlier or sensed the pressure... but even that might be a little unfair.

Overall he came up with clutch play after clutch play. Heck I knew he'd drive the team down the field at the end of the 4th; even though he didn't do that a lot last season (he didn't really have to), he led the league in 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives through his first 2 years.

Daboll just made--and yes, hindsight is 20/20--a bad call to end the game. (I also think he stuck with the run game just a little too much... but I understand the reason for it). I loved that playcall by Daboll, but only if he makes sure Allen has it in his back pocket for situations just like that last play.

And frankly, that's the last hurdle I believe this team needs to get over... mastering situational football. I've said it several times, but 3rd or 4th and short with a giant QB like Allen should be a no brainer run to the line QB sneak or fake QB sneak. Just freaking do it already! Brady made a career doing that!

Regardless, as upset as I am about that loss (and I am!!!), Josh has really come into form after a fairly rough start to the season.

Oh... and let’s all just remember the heartbreaking road loss this team suffered right before their bye last season and the thrashing we put on teams after.

Yeah... I envision Josh and the team stewing over this loss and coming out angry to finish the season.

Lord help you Miami...

Daboll didn't make that call...McD intimated that Allen has the ability to change to a sneak if he sees an opportunity and he chose to do it. Didn't work out.

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Carr is having a really good season, not at an MVP level so far.

Herbert has been too up and down.

I don't agree with your tiers, but I think all 7 of those guys from Allen up on your list are bunched closely together. Allen’s not at the front, but he's still one of the frontrunners.

Part of this is also projecting what's coming. We're going from the toughest 2 game stretch (where Allen played fantastic in primetime... even in a loss) to a bye week immediately after a loss (the McDermott Buffalo Bills are 5-0 coming off the bye) with the easiest 4 game stretch on our schedule. Buffalo only has 1 more game against an obvious playoff team. 

Last night Josh excelled despite playing a defense that was clearly prepared for him, sub par offensive line play and a reversion to pretty much no running game.

Is anyone going to bet that he's not going to come out in Orchard Park absolutely on fire against the Dolphins? He already OWNS the Dolphins!

Then it's Jags, Jets, Colts before 2 primetime games in a row against the Saints and Patriots.

All this is to say that even after an ugly game 1 and shaky game 2, Allen has rounded into his 2020 MVP form and has put himself up in the group of frontrunners. Can't wait to see what comes after the bye.

It’s a long season. Best thing for the Bills & Allen is they get a relatively early bye. KC plays Tennessee this upcoming week. If Mahomes lights them up he re-enters the MVP talk and gets back in the conversation. Allen could slide up this list simply sitting idle for a week. In upcoming weeks Joe Burrow, Carson Wentz, could enter as legit contenders, heck evenTJ Watt could enter the conversation if their teams continue winning. 

8 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

You see the light my brother. 

But the ignore feature is your best friend. Use it. 

9 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

If Lamar keeps playing the way he has recently, he's your winner. I'm not sure Kyler can keep it up.

Lol

Lamar has 9 TDs and 5 INTs on the season. He is currently 7th in MVP betting odds.

You've been watching too much ESPN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.