Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

23 minutes ago, Process said:

He also has one of the most stacked offenses in the league around him. 

The MVP is clearly Rodgers. And I don't think it's even close.

Yep.  Colts loss today drops Taylor for me.

Updated:

Rodgers

Allen

Kupp

Taylor 

Brady 

Burrow has at least entered the chat

He threw 3 picks today (1 of which was bad the other 2 were deflections) but he was 90 yards and 2 TDs on the ground - again everything the Bills do goes threw him no one player means more to his team right now then Allen except for Rodgers.  

And I won't use the excuse that weather in almost all his home games has had impacts on games nope not going to do it its happened but I'm not going to bother including today not optimal but I'm not going to even mention it.  

• Like (+1) 3

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to Likely too Jekyll & Hyde for NFL MVP... but still ours: 64.1% comp %, 40 TDs, 18 TOs, 93.4 Passer Rating, 309 YPG (Patriots game talk page 38 on)

Here's what Josh said as part of this clip below: "I feel like the kid who got an A today and did nothing on the group project."

Honestly today I thought Allen still played really well outside that 1st Interception. I don't think the other 2 were his fault as 1 ball was tipped and Beasley got knocked off his route on the other. 

Lots of dropped passes today including at least 1 TD uncharacteristically by Diggs.

I don't think any of us really care much about this if he can perform in the postseason and get us a Lombardi. That's pretty much been my point of keeping this thread alive.

Our Super Bowl hopes still lay on the shoulders of Josh Allen. But it's a darn good thing we're trying to at least lift some of that weight with the threat of a running game.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

I think the third INT was his worst one. The first was a bad decision, the 2nd I think Beas was at least partly to blame but the third one he looked right at the guy who got the tip and just threw it straight at him. That deserved intercepting. Horrible throw. 

The best thing about Josh is what you see in that interview though. Josh Allen doesn't make excuses for himself. He owns his mistakes 100% and wants to be held accountable for them. They are guys you can win with. If you have 53 guys like that you got a winning football team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep.  Colts loss today drops Taylor for me.

Updated:

Rodgers

Allen

Kupp

Taylor 

Brady 

Burrow has at least entered the chat

He threw 3 picks today (1 of which was bad the other 2 were deflections) but he was 90 yards and 2 TDs on the ground - again everything the Bills do goes threw him no one player means more to his team right now then Allen except for Rodgers.  

And I won't use the excuse that weather in almost all his home games has had impacts on games nope not going to do it its happened but I'm not going to bother including today not optimal but I'm not going to even mention it.  

Burrow may be top 3 in voting by recency bias alone. 

-wins division storyline

-900 yards and 9 TD’s in last two games

-beats division rival and #1 seed in back to back weeks.

I wouldn’t bet on Burrow but there’s no way his odds don’t skyrocket 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Burrow may be top 3 in voting by recency bias alone. 

-wins division storyline

-900 yards and 9 TD’s in last two games

-beats division rival and #1 seed in back to back weeks.

I wouldn’t bet on Burrow but there’s no way his odds don’t skyrocket 

Chase and Higgins.... wow. They got the best receiver out of this class and Higgins is at worst the 3rd best out of that previous class (Jefferson #1 then close between Lamb and Higgins). 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Chase and Higgins.... wow. They got the best receiver out of this class and Higgins is at worst the 3rd best out of that previous class (Jefferson #1 then close between Lamb and Higgins). 

I hated Tee Higgins when he was mocked to us that year (by you and everyone else.)

Thought he was a James Hardy clone that would struggle to separate at the NFL level.

whoops

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I hated Tee Higgins when he was mocked to us that year (by you and everyone else.)

Thought he was a James Hardy clone that would struggle to separate at the NFL level.

whoops

I liked Higgins. After the three big names a the top of that class - Lamb (who has been good), Jeudy (who has been perma hurt) and Ruggs (who is done for obvious reasons) I had Higgins as my #4. I am not perfect on that class though because I didn't like Jefferson as an outside prospect. I had him as a 2nd rounder who would be a big slot only. So equal whoops there. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Let this dream die.

Agreed. He played poorly today. At home against a bad opponent and did not show up. The MVP s*** can stop along with this thread.

44 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Here's what Josh said as part of this clip below: "I feel like the kid who got an A today and did nothing on the group project."

Honestly today I thought Allen still played really well outside that 1st Interception. I don't think the other 2 were his fault as 1 ball was tipped and Beasley got knocked off his route on the other. 

Lots of dropped passes today including at least 1 TD uncharacteristically by Diggs.

I don't think any of us really care much about this if he can perform in the postseason and get us a Lombardi. That's pretty much been my point of keeping this thread alive.

Our Super Bowl hopes still lay on the shoulders of Josh Allen. But it's a darn good thing we're trying to at least lift some of that weight with the threat of a running game.

Dude I’ve tried to defend you but no. He did not “play really good.” He made good plays (mostly with his feet) but the defense won the game again today. You’re just a JA suck artist. Do you even like the team? Or just another JA stan stinking up the board.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Agreed. He played poorly today. At home against a bad opponent and did not show up. The MVP s*** can stop along with this thread.

Dude I’ve tried to defend you but no. He did not “play really good.” He made good plays (mostly with his feet) but the defense won the game again today. You’re just a JA suck artist. So you even like the team?

Don’t be mean to transplant, he just loves Bills QB’s. He used to talk about how quietly spectacular Tyrod was going 17-26 for 150 yards in a loss. 

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Dude I’ve tried to defend you but no. He did not “play really good.” He made good plays (mostly with his feet) but the defense won the game again today. You’re just a JA suck artist. So you even like the team?

He was the same with Tyrod and I suspect on BBMB he was the same with EJ and JP and Trent and the rest of em. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was the same with Tyrod and I suspect on BBMB he was the same with EJ and JP and Trent and the rest of em. 

Yeah I agree Gunn I can’t anymore with this guy. It’s always someone else’s fault. I was at the game 2 of those 3 picks were inexcusable. Against a horrible opponent. 

18 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Don’t be mean to transplant, he just loves Bills QB’s. He used to talk about how quietly spectacular Tyrod was going 17-26 for 150 yards in a loss. 

Well that tells us all we really need to know. In all honesty he’s right about Allen for the most part I just can’t truck, “he’s the MVP, any negatives are not his fault, the MEDIA is out to get him”

silly szn.

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Yeah I agree Gunn I can’t anymore with this guy. It’s always someone else’s fault. I was at the game 2 of those 3 picks were inexcusable. Against a horrible opponent. 

Well that tells us all we really need to know. In all honesty he’s right about Allen for the most part I just can’t truck, “he’s the MVP, any negatives are not his fault, the MEDIA is out to get him”

silly szn.

Transplant and loving a Bills QB to the point of insanity is a TBD tradition, like T Master's stream of consciousness posting, ScottLaw's need to be negative, BADOL dunking on Shady and Edmunds, and GunnerBill hating prototypical QB draft prospects lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is dead....and frankly has been a long shot for quite some time.   18 turnovers....6 losses....no close wins.  Maybe another year....this is the year for the SB, its ok.  If you won the Tenn game late, won the Bucs game in OT, maybe you could have a discussion.

Edited by mattynh
  • Agree 1

On one hand Allen needs to clean up the interceptions, on the other hand his most incredible throws come on the same plays that the interceptions do. I guess it comes down to understanding the game you're in. When winning against a vastly inferior opponent we don't need a miracle TD pass back across your body to Diggs, so just throw that one away. It's a tougher balance than it seems though.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.