Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Holy crap!

If that first throw could be judged with a degree of difficulty, it would be a 10.   That is one of the most bonkers throws I have seen him make yet.   I think only Mahomes can possibly make that throw and that is it.

True definition of “arm arrogance” 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Magox said:

Holy crap!

If that first throw could be judged with a degree of difficulty, it would be a 10.   That is one of the most bonkers throws I have seen him make yet.   I think only Mahomes can possibly make that throw and that is it.

True definition of “arm arrogance” 

It's like the balls on a wire.

• Like (+1) 1

If Allen can put up big numbers these final 2 weeks and Brady/Rodgers have mediocre weeks he might be able to steal it.

Rodgers will probably deserve it on merit, but I think the media are sick of his antics and they are who vote. Brady’s supporting cast is a lot better (not sure if non-Bills fans see it that way though).

Something I have often checked with regards to Josh's passing stats is his home/road split.  2021 is in line with his career numbers but even more extreme.  I attribute this mostly to home game weather and mostly wind.   The home crowd getting Josh too amped up narrative is entirely b.s., imo.  But, when looking at season or career numbers, (and the same applied to Jim Kelly) it's pretty negligent to compare them to those of QBs who played their home games in domes, or LA/SD, or Florida absent any context.  

Josh Allen Home-Road Split 2021.jpg

On 12/26/2021 at 6:26 PM, Big Blitz said:

What do folks think the odds are Taylor or Kupp wins it?

I've been talking about them and Henry before he got hurt that they are serious contenders for it but it seems most everyone is saying no way.  

No chance?  10%?  

If it's between Allen and Rodgers I think they would give it to Rodgers but if Allen slaughters these last 2 teams might catapult his numbers past most of the QBs.

Rodgers has 4 INTs on the season.  He's been ridiculous.

It would be interesting if it went to a player who was not a QB. When’s the last time that happened? (I heard it recently but don’t recall.) 

Rodgers may be an arrogant, self centered jerk, but he’s been CRAZY good. 

Regardless, I’d MUCH rather have Josh win the SUPER BOWL MVP! 

57 minutes ago, Augie said:

It would be interesting if it went to a player who was not a QB. When’s the last time that happened? (I heard it recently but don’t recall.) 

Rodgers may be an arrogant, self centered jerk, but he’s been CRAZY good. 

Regardless, I’d MUCH rather have Josh win the SUPER BOWL MVP! 

It’s really only ever been a QB or RB/FB. 

Since 2000 it’s been… AP won in 2012. LT in 2006. Alexander in 2005. Faulk in 2000. 

Alan Page in 1971 was a DT. Mark Moseley in 1982 was a kicker. Lawrence Taylor in 1986 at OLB. Those are the only non-QB or non-RB. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, slipkid said:

I did not know that. A kicker? Wow! Different times.

i think Mosely was  the last successful “straight-on” kicker (not “soccer style).

If PFR is right, then yes. He edged out Dan Fouts by less than 2% of the vote. 

Interesting enough, in those years a QB or RB was always the runner up. 

11 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

It’s really only ever been a QB or RB/FB. 

Since 2000 it’s been… AP won in 2012. LT in 2006. Alexander in 2005. Faulk in 2000. 

Alan Page in 1971 was a DT. Mark Moseley in 1982 was a kicker. Lawrence Taylor in 1986 at OLB. Those are the only non-QB or non-RB. 

Thurman Thomas was the NFL MVP in 1991

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.