Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, 727Bills said:

Def a turnover machine lately... Second Int was his fault, holds the ball too long at times, that was one of them.

I swear sometimes he thinks he has the number 1 rated OL with how long he holds it.

At least he’s not seeing ghosts.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, MJS said:

That first INT was probably the worst INT I've ever seen him throw. But he played well after that. The second INT just happens sometimes. He got hit and the ball fluttered to the defender.

and defender made a great catch

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

That first INT was probably the worst INT I've ever seen him throw. But he played well after that. The second INT just happens sometimes. He got hit and the ball fluttered to the defender.

That first one was bad, but here is how I view turnovers. While you never want them, the stat that matters most is points off of turnovers or points subtracted due to turnovers. That is, if the defense scores off a turnover,  that’s obviously points off turnovers. However, if you’re in FG range and turn it over, that’s -3 points (you can never assume a TD). If you turn it over between the 45 yard lines, you’re not in scoring position and not really putting the other team in scoring position (although it’s good field position). If they don’t score, it’s basically a wash and has no impact on the game. That is exactly what happened last night. The Saints couldn’t get a first and turned it over on downs. The Bills ended up with it right where they left off. Anyway, those mid-field turnovers—assuming there’s no big return—are the least damaging from a points perspective. Also of note, Diggs made a really good tackle there. That’s one of those little things that doesn’t get mentioned enough.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Josh will win an MVP or two before he's done but I'd rather he not win it in some war of attrition.  If no QB stands out, Jonathan Taylor or Cooper Kupp are fine choices.

I believe it should always go to a QB.  Taylor is really talented, but it's my opinion that there are a lot of NFL RBs that would look like Pro Bowlers running behind the Colts line.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

I take it you didn't watch Allen's rookie season?  The throw to Diggs that got picked was a pretty routine INT by NFL standards. Watch the games this weekend and you'll see a few of those thrown by some very good QB's.

It's a lot of turnovers for an MVP. Granted these two were "incidental" type; a miscommunication with WR and arm getting hit, but Brees isn't wrong about the ball needing to come out quicker when you know your OL can't block a plastic shopping bag in the breeze.

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

That first one was bad, but here is how I view turnovers. While you never want them, the stat that matters most is points off of turnovers or points subtracted due to turnovers. That is, if the defense scores off a turnover,  that’s obviously points off turnovers. However, if you’re in FG range and turn it over, that’s -3 points (you can never assume a TD). If you turn it over between the 45 yard lines, you’re not in scoring position and not really putting the other team in scoring position (although it’s good field position). If they don’t score, it’s basically a wash and has no impact on the game. That is exactly what happened last night. The Saints couldn’t get a first and turned it over on downs. The Bills ended up with it right where they left off. Anyway, those mid-field turnovers—assuming there’s no big return—are the least damaging from a points perspective. Also of note, Diggs made a really good tackle there. That’s one of those little things that doesn’t get mentioned enough.

Yes, but if we are talking about Josh in the MVP conversation, two turnovers hurt his chances a lot. Not that I think he has much of a chance anymore this year. He would have to really ball out. The MVP usually comes from the top one or two teams in the NFL, plus takes great stats.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

2 more INT’s and with 1 ending his No INT in the RZ accomplishment 

Not great 

Football is such a funny game. Especially how the 2nd INT played out. Under the radar too is that Allen would have ended up setting the franchise record last night for completion percentage at 85% if our lineman doesn't have a mental error and get called for a penalty that was away from the play that wiped out the Knox TD. Instead that completion and TD are wiped out and the very next play Allen throws and INT that goes down as an incompletion. One of only 5 incompletion on the night for him but enough for him to only complete 82.1 percent of his passes as opposed to 85.7 percent. Congratulations Trent Edwards you still hold the record at 83%.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Depends on how you look at it. I actually think it could be the other way around. First one was QB and WR not on the same page. That happens all the time. Usually it doesn't end in a pick but sometimes it does. Then the question is who read the play wrong, Diggs or Allen? The second INT you could argue Allen held onto the ball for a fraction of a second too long and he is to blame. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

The MVP usually comes from the top one or two teams in the NFL, plus tales great stats.

Bills are still in fact in the running for that. And more important I think then top record in the league is the #1 seed in respective conference. Bills are more so in the running for the #1 seed still then they are say one of the two top records in the league. Both of those might come out of the NFC. Most likely candidates being Arizona, Green Bay and LA Rams. So many QB's have missed time and/or had bad games it seems like the perfect year for a Jonathan Taylor type to win it. He would be really deserving too if he can keep it up. Colts would just have to at a minimum make the wild card though for him to be eligible. 

I actually think Mahomes should be the sneaky favorite right now. If the Chiefs are able to get the #1 seed. That said, Allen has a golden opportunity to lock down the MVP over the next four games. If the Bills go 4-0 over the next four it will probably be the best 5-0 winning streak they have ever had considering the upcoming coemption and the stakes. I give the Bills about 20% chance of winning the next four so it won't be an easy feat. 

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bills are still in fact in the running for that. And more important I think then top record in the league is the #1 seed in respective conference. Bills are more so in the running for the #1 seed still then they are say one of the two top records in the league. Both of those might come out of the NFC. Most likely candidates being Arizona, Green Bay and LA Rams. So many QB's have missed time and/or had bad games it seems like the perfect year for a Jonathan Taylor type to win it. He would be really deserving too if he can keep it up. Colts would just have to at a minimum make the wild card though for him to be eligible. 

I actually think Mahomes should be the sneaky favorite right now. If the Chiefs are able to get the #1 seed. That said, Allen has a golden opportunity to lock down the MVP over the next four games. If the Bills go 4-0 over the next four it will probably be the best 5-0 winning streak they have ever had considering the upcoming coemption and the stakes. I give the Bills about 20% chance of winning the next four so it won't be an easy feat. 

For sure if we win the next four, Josh is back in the MVP conversation. Odds seem about right.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

For sure if we win the next four, Josh is back in the MVP conversation. Odds seem about right.

He's in the conversation now because of how muddled the race is. If the season ended today I literally would not be able to pick a QB for MVP. Taylor would be the guy. But the expectation is that by the end of the season one out of the nearly 10 or so QB's in the running will rise to the top. If not it very well could be Taylor who wins. Bills and Allen win the next four and I don't see how Allen doesn't have it locked down. Then as long as the Atlanta game isn't a repeat of the Jags game he should win it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/16/2021 at 2:29 PM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't get this..in no way at all is Diggs having a bad year. I don't understand why or what leads you to believe he is having a bad year

It’s incredible he and josh are churning out yards still with absolutely zero offensive line. I live in giants territory and I think our offensive line is even worse than the giants and they do absolutely nothing on offense. 

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

2 more INT’s and with 1 ending his No INT in the RZ accomplishment 

Not great 

They were both kind of flukey…diggs got held so badly on that first pick I cannot believe that wasn’t called

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Yes, but if we are talking about Josh in the MVP conversation, two turnovers hurt his chances a lot. Not that I think he has much of a chance anymore this year. He would have to really ball out. The MVP usually comes from the top one or two teams in the NFL, plus takes great stats.

I think pundits give him a lot more benefit of the doubt for our offensive line being Swiss cheese than bills fans do it seems 😂 I don’t think any other qb in the league could do what he’s doing on this team right now…so many highlight plays even in those two awful games we had and we are just desensitized to it at this point lol

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.