O-Line Was a Major Issue Today.

wppete

10 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I dont understand how anyone could watch that game and come to the conclusion that the o-line wasn’t an issue. 

Josh is terrific at making plays from broken pockets and covers up alot of the poor play from the o-line.

Exactly. Don't want to push the panic button as the team will be fine. They will win the division and have as good a shot as the other contenders to win the Super Bowl. That said the OL has been an issue for a while now. Josh's ability to scramble covers up a lot of their weaknesses. Could you imagine Kelly playing behind this OL. He would get killed.

Edited by Greg S

This oline is definitely an issue but it still says a lot that Allen was able to have another 300+ yard, multiple TD game. Tackles were really bad again especially Brown but he gets a pass as a rookie making his 3rd career start. Covid or not, Dawkins has also been below average most of the season so far.

But as I've said many times before, I'll never understand what this team sees in guys like Feliciano other than the fake tough guy persona because you can argue he's one of the main reasons we lost to the Chiefs last year in the AFCCG and why we've lost to the Steelers and Titans this year.

So to assume he's not going to continue to cost this team again down the stretch is simply wishful thinking but we really don't have another option to replace him unless Beane makes a power move before the trade deadline.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

We will have to wait until the draft and FA for any real changes or improvement. 

Yes. They can open up cap space to sign free agents on the Oline, but that would create holes that have to be filled by cutting guys like Feliciano (fine by me), and maybe Williams and Morse. I would say Morse is probably our best olineman, but he also has the highest salary besides Dawkins. 

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This oline is definitely an issue but it still says a lot that Allen was able to have another 300+ yard, multiple TD game. Tackles were really bad again especially Brown but he gets a pass as a rookie making his 3rd career start. Covid or not, Dawkins has also been below average most of the season so far.

But as I've said many times before, I'll never understand what this team sees in guys like Feliciano other than the fake tough guy persona because you can argue he's one of the main reasons we lost to the Chiefs last year in the AFCCG and why we've lost to the Steelers and Titans this year.

So to assume he's not going to continue to cost this team again down the stretch is simply wishful thinking but we really don't have another option to replace him unless Beane makes a power move before the trade deadline.

Going to be hard to make a power move with only 3 million in cap space.

There was more than enough offense to win this game and not enough defense but with that being said the Bills are settling for far more FGs than TDs. The OL is mediocre at best and we have not 1 but 2 RBs that are compliments and not of workhorse caliber. 

The Bills specifically drafted so they could beat the Chiefs, keeping that in mind they should keep that train of thought and now draft/trade/sign players that would be modeled after the Titans offense, big, mauling OL, a stud RB and alter the game plan a bit to where the run game is a real threat and not a liability.

Kicking around some possibilities where they move Dawkins to LG and replace Morse with Feliciano. Moving both of the starting OT to the inside isn’t the smartest economic decision but there is a window of success to this team and the time is now. I haven’t really watched enough or am smart enough to know what can be done on the right side. Move Williams back to RT or keep him at RG and have Brown stay at RT is something I’d be interested in hearing about. If the Bills think that Brown could be the starting LT by next year then getting his replacement by drafting or trading for then that’s a whole other topic to debate. While Brown is still very raw It would have made more sense to see Josh run behind a big monster like him. Adding a big RB in the mold of Henry while using Moss as a compliment would be a backfield that I would love to see. 

Edited by Tipster19

On 10/19/2021 at 12:17 AM, RiotAct said:

which begs the question… if we place same as the Titans in our respective division, would we play them in OP next season?

The answer is yes, game is in OP according to one NFL schedule site.

I was looking to see what away games would be good places to go next year. Baltimore or Cinnci may be most attractive options unless you prefer visiting downtown Detroit or Chicago. We go to AFC west division winner (getting ahead of myself a bit here LOL) which could be LA.  That's a long trip for a game and likely expensive.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:40 AM, FilthyBeast said:

the issue with Feliciano may be he decided to lose 15 pounds and sounds like was done without ever asking the Bills what they thought of the idea.  I actually thought he played better last year at center when Morse was out.  Have often read here how after this year easy to walk away from Morse contract.  So maybe they do that, then rather also cutting Feliciano, move him into center, then sign a top tier guard and draft in maybe 2nd or 3rd a center/guard to replace Feliciano in 2023 as the starter.

Read the BN O line grades and this is done by people who likely watched every play back 2 to 3 times in slow motion and are impartial and are not emotional fanatics like most here are that see things in a very slanted way, the grade the line was given was 4.5 and said Brown really only messed up one or two plays. Read a 2nd article in the Athletic that stated the same line play had some big bad plays like the 4th down run by Allen, but other than that one play, Dawkins was good all game.  Same with Brown 1 or 2 bad plays only..  Really didn't talk much about Feliciano much at all.

Admittedly watching the game I felt the line was also a big issue, but trust their judgement more than about 98% of the posters here.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/19/2021 at 12:18 AM, wppete said:

Yeah something is up with him. It seems like he is disinterested and not serious ad it unfortunate as his position is s very serious position on this team. No wonder he isn’t a captain this year. 

Speaking as someone who had a bad case of Covid around the same time as Dawkins but was not hospitalized, it's a miracle he plays at all. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.