O-Line Was a Major Issue Today.

wppete

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, Morse, Feliciano and Dawkins need to be upgraded next year. They get absolutely zero push in the run game and their pass pro is just average. I’ve been focusing on Dawkins all year and he is not playing at a high level and looks below average at best. 

Dawkins will be here at the very least in 2022 given his contract and to be fair I am prepared to cut him some slack as he had serious Covid late in the offseason, so Im thinking that this has affected his preparation so far this year

I think they will need to move on from Morse and Felciano though... Replace one early in the draft and the other with someone decent in FA

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Spencer had his worst game today.  Still a promising young player.  

Feliciano should be upgraded at LG.  It will help 73 and 60 to be a better player if we had a solid LG. 

I wouldn’t have never left him on an island against a veteran speed rusher like Dupree. I’d like to see Ryan Bates at center. I’m sure McDermott is pissed that his team got punked!! They have to make adjustments during the bye. 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"hair away" doesn't get the job done.  The OL and the offense in general wasn't the worst problem, but they were disappointing tonight, for sure.

The Bills had over 400 yards of offense and scored over 30 points tonight. The o-line had a little something to do with those numbers. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills were a hair away from 38 points on the road. The o-line wasn’t the issue.

I dont understand how anyone could watch that game and come to the conclusion that the o-line wasn’t an issue. 

Josh is terrific at making plays from broken pockets and covers up alot of the poor play from the o-line.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills had over 400 yards of offense and scored over 30 points tonight. The o-line had a little something to do with those numbers. 

They did, but they also had something to do with 3 FG instead of TD and the failure to convert several "and 1" situations, including the final play of the game.

Frankly, if Josh wasn't as good at extending plays and escaping pressure as he is, it would be a lot clearer that the OL needs help.

But just to be clear, I've repeatedly made the point that the offense (including the OL) were far from our biggest problem with the L.  That would be the unit that couldn't get one single stop in the 2nd half of the game.

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Dawkins will be here at the very least in 2022 given his contract and to be fair I am prepared to cut him some slack as he had serious Covid late in the offseason, so Im thinking that this has affected his preparation so far this year

Rumor has it that Dawkins had Covid and it affected him, sure, but that he's been leading "the Glamorous Life" and that's been a distraction at times.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

The OL did cost us today although they still put up enough points to win the game...

However, there are bigger fish to fry later in the season.. and even next year...

So what is the long term plan with this OL?

Morse, Feliciano need to be replaced in 2022..  do they have money left in the cap to do it in FA?

Think the long term plan at OL is already in motion drafting guys like Spencer Brown. Dawkins is here, despite tonight, he’s pretty good. Seems like they’re going to have to build around those two

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Spencer had his worst game today.  Still a promising young player.  

Feliciano should be upgraded at LG.  It will help 73 and 60 to be a better player if we had a solid LG. 

60 needs to be upgraded.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

The Bills were a hair away from 38 points on the road. The o-line wasn’t the issue.

They weren't good... BUT Josh was falling before Dawkins fell on him and I really want to know what kind of block was to be had to stop a crashing de... his aim was to plug the gap. He did the job. He got off faster than Dawkins but he sealed the hell out of that B gap.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"hair away" doesn't get the job done.  The OL and the offense in general wasn't the worst problem, but they were disappointing tonight, for sure.

I disagree strongly.

Not only were they a hair away from 38 points, but they also left points on the field earlier in the game with missed open receivers. Stuff like that happens. If Allen sees thise receivers the Bills score in the 40's and are 5-1 and this thread is even more ridiculous.

Some fans expectations are not realistic. They are up against professional football players that make millions. They will not dominate every week. There will be occasions where the defense gets the best of the o-line. I felt the o-line played decent last night and I will stand by that.

• Disagree 1

While I agree that the O-line needs to be upgraded in the offseason, I am baffled by the Morse hate in this thread.  He has likely been their best and most consistent lineman all season, particularly as a pass blocker.  To say "60 needs to be upgraded" is something to hope for I guess but that would be much easier said than done.  Now upgrading over Feliciano?  Personally I don't think that would be nearly as difficult.

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Just put Ike there and let the chips fall where they may….. I can’t take Feliciano anymore…. Really puzzling why they resigned him. He sucks.

He was darn good when we originally signed him.  Aggressive and a mauler.

Whst the heck happened to him?  Is it him?  Or just overall bad line play makes him look worse?

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They did, but they also had something to do with 3 FG instead of TD and the failure to convert several "and 1" situations, including the final play of the game.

Frankly, if Josh wasn't as good at extending plays and escaping pressure as he is, it would be a lot clearer that the OL needs help.

But just to be clear, I've repeatedly made the point that the offense (including the OL) were far from our biggest problem with the L.  That would be the unit that couldn't get one single stop in the 2nd half of the game.

Rumor has it that Dawkins had Covid and it affected him, sure, but that he's been leading "the Glamorous Life" and that's been a distraction at times.

“The Glamorous Life?”  I had

to check his social media. And I gotta say - he has just about the most boring FB page of any young rich athlete anywhere. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.