Bills lost the game in the red zone

Bubba Gump

They could’ve been better in the redzone for sure, but anyone that wants to pin the loss on the offense is mistaken.

The Bills lost largely because the defense couldn’t make one stop in the 2nd half.

Not 👏One👏Stop👏

That’s a major reason why the Bills lost.  Force TEN off the field once without point and it’s a W.  So much for the “elite” defense

The Bills turned the game into a 50/50 shootout (most shootouts in the NFL are a 50/50 type situation) when they could pile up a big lead and turn the Titans into a passing team. They turned an opportunity for a 14-0 or at least 10-0 lead early into a meager 6-0 lead. The Titans gameplan is to keep the game close and let King Henry (who in my opinion should be an MVP candidate and is a fantastic talent) wear down the defense and turn the Titans to utilize their physical receivers in play action and single coverage. 

Despite the shootout the Bills still had the ball down 3 deep in the Titans territory with less than a minute left. The Bills couldn't execute a simple QB sneak and it cost them. But the reason the margin for error was so low was the lack of being able to go up big which was a product of the red zone inefficiency early and letting up that big run to Henry. 

15 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Two games we lost we were beaten by teams with better red zone execution. The physicality only intensifies in the RZ. 

Thats our problem overall, we dont match up well with physical teams. Not sure if this can be fixed this year but should be addressed next year.

15 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They lost the game by having 2 penalties take 14 points off the board.

11, we did score a FG on the first score they took away, but definitely those calls cost us the game.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Why didn't McDermott throw the red flag when Beasley was tackled at the goal line. The ball was clearly over the line when he went down.

His knee was also down on about the 1 yard line, as it almost always in on that type of play, and then it all becomes a question of timing.  Where was the ball in space at the moment the knee went down, etc.

I felt it all didn't work in our favor on that play.

Edited by Nextmanup

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

His knee was also down on about the 1 yard line, as it almost always in on that type of play, and then it all becomes a question of timing.  Where was the ball in space at the moment the knee went down, etc.

I felt it all didn't work in our favor on that play.

when i rewatched it looked good to me, i think it was at least worth a challenge.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You're not scoring on that 4th-1 sneak. 

The Bills were at the 2 yard line. 

They have 1 play to get 1 yard or the game is over. Get it on the sneak and they can run two more to win.

Edited by FireChans

The penalties that wipe out TDs in the red zone don’t help. Just makes it harder. But in all reality we lost that game because our defense stunk. Sure you can nitpick at the O but they put up 31 points on the road. It was our O that actually gave us a chance to win, they just came up short in crunch time.

We need to give up the charade that we have a running game. Mix it in at the right moments, but at crucial times, especially in the red zone, give Josh the most opportunities possible. Our running game can be somewhat effective when we spread people out, but we don’t have the o linemen or backs for smash mouth football. That’s what running in the red zone amounts to. We’re a passing team, just go with it in the red zone. It’s like we run a completely different offense in the red zone. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.