Defence was dominated and Frazier needs to be more aggressive

Niagara Dude

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

This has been this teams pattern on defense for years now and not sure it's all on Frazier since McD also has heavy influence on that side of the ball.

But it's mind boggling that they sit in zone and refuse to blitz when opposing QB's are moving the ball at will against them and simply believe that they will hold a team to a FG instead of TD every time.

This is why I hate this scheme but something tells me that even if Frazier leaves in the offseason it will still be more of the same no matter who replaces him because of the head coaches philosophy.

Blitzing in manageable down-and-distance situations on third down against a vet qb who gets rid of it quickly doesn't work. Brady's stats in those situations are off the charts, which is why teams stopped doing it ages ago. Tannehill is a good QB and will make teams who do that pay.

• Disagree 1

Question for someone more knowledgeable than me.

How do you defense play action passes when the offense has a devastating runner like Henry?

It seemed that after Henry's 75 yard TD run and particularly in the second half the play action passes were effective.  Our 3 LBs either took a step forward or hesitated and that enabled the Titan receivers to get behind them for significant gains.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:22 PM, Dr.Sack said:

If we weren’t going to play for OT, why kick 2 FGs on first two drives? To me the mentality on red zone offense needs to be TDs or nothing.

Cmon that isn't being smart.  It's not like they were facing 4th and inches and chose to go for FGs.  Josh missed Sanders and Diggs for TDs.  You take the points.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:32 PM, SCBills said:

Also seems like, no matter how good our defense is, we have a couple games like this per year.  

Rams last year.  Was it Eagles the year before?   Games where our defense literally cannot stop the other team for an entire half or so. 

That has been the story with McD since year 1.  Remember Saints in 2017, they rushed for 298.  KC last year also rushed for a ton.   Defense always seems to have one really awful game.  

• Agree 1

My takeaways from the game:

1. It was surprising to see that we got zero pass rush.

Addison would always try to knife inside and get swallowed. 

2. I watched Milano on plays and he was in no man’s land. He had zero impact.

3. The Bills went right back to playing 10 yards off WRs after tightening verses the Chiefs.

Why do they do that?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.