Defence was dominated and Frazier needs to be more aggressive

Niagara Dude

24 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Zero pass rush, and the middle of the field was wide open all night.  Why was Obada active? What does he bring to the table?

Wallace was repeatedly picked on.  

Need to get back to playing backup quarterbacks. 

I believe strongly that we should be looking at a trade to upgrade the interior OL or 2nd CB. This is a championship caliber team, and I for one am ready to push my chips to the middle of the table to fortify our few weaknesses and chase a Lombardi this year. 

Admittedly I have no idea who might be available lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

If you are trying to win you always play for TDs. 3 points is not good enough in RZ. 

Chasing points in the 1st quarter in a 0-0 games makes no sense at all. If we would’ve went for it on 4th down on those drives and not converted you’d be complaining about how stupid is was to not kick the field goals the same way people are complaining that we didn’t kick the field goal to send this game into overtime. The saying is true ……people will only question your decision when it doesn’t work.

2 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Chasing points in the 1st quarter in a 0-0 games makes no sense at all. If we would’ve went for it on 4th down on those drives and not converted you’d be complaining about how stupid is was to not kick the field goals the same way people are complaining that we didn’t kick the field goal to send this game into overtime. The saying is true ……people will only question your decision when it doesn’t work.

No. I’m of the mindset you don’t punt past your 50 nor do you kick FGs when in the red zone. The hard evidence is in the data. The more aggressive you play, the more you win. Figure we turned one of the first 2 FGs into a TD. Instead of 6-0, it’s 7-0. It’s obvious down 32-34 late we kick a FG to win. The more aggressive you are early the less you need Allen to play human high jumper late. We faltered late because we were chasing points due to lack of aggression earlier in the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

14-3 all the way.  We’ll lose to either the Bucs or the Jets (week 18).

Bucs;  NOT the jerts.

This loss sucks, but doesn't change things.  They're a rough match-up.  We won't see them again in the AFC Championship, which is where we'll be.  Sucks to have lost this one, but it's one of those 'learn from it, and move on' games.  At least in my less-than-humble opinions.  We're better than this loss.

58 minutes ago, JOSH HUFF said:

Recipe for beating Bills is run the ball, play-action.  Imagine if they played Tampa, they would get destroyed.  Tampa has a better offense than the Titans and better D.  Hell, the Titans lost to the JETS!   Bills are not as good as we all thought and it was proven tonight.  Where would you rank the Bills now after this loss?  They were 1 or 2.  I don't think the Titans were a top 10 team.  Offense left some on the table but they scored 31 points!  

Can't make these type of statements. It's a matchup league and for whatever reason the Titans seem to match up well against us.

Let's not act like the Titans did much to stop us defensively...we had 28 first downs and 417 yards of offense.

We will see how TB does. They are a good team but so are we.

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, Beast said:

100%.

Quite honestly it seemed to me that Milano had a bad game.

I usually harp on mostly edmunds but tonight they were both shredded. Seemed like neither wanted to come up and fill a gap head to head with Henry so they played up and tried to bottleneck Henry before he got steam, making the play action for tannehill easy as pie across the middle.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I very much disagree and hope to prove it when the All-22 comes out.  He was one of the better players for us and made solo tackles when others couldn’t against Henry

Correct

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Edmunds got worked tonight. He got picked on in the second half. Regularly lightly brushed out of plays. 

Really bad take and game tape will prove it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Woulda been nice to have AJ and Boogie playing tonight 🤦‍♂️

WHERE WAS SIRAN NEAL?

Henry got in McDs and Fraziers head and their personnel and overall coaching was very different than the previous 5 games.. 

He'll learn.

This game will be a blessing in disguise 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

Edmunds got worked tonight. He got picked on in the second half. Regularly lightly brushed out of plays. 

This is just nonsense. Edmunds had a good game. I seriously do not know what you people are watching.

• Agree 1

I didn't love some of the calls from Leslie last night. The run blitz that resulted in the long TD run (yes Poyer was held) wasn't a call I loved. 4th quarter when we blitzed Milano and dropped Obada on a 3rd down that felt like a call you don't make with Obada in the game. 

As for the lack of pressure.... we struggled to get Tennessee into a the dropback game. That is when you can get to them. We did the first two drives and we nearly got to him twice. After that they called a nice game and we didn't win on 1st down enough. I get it a lot of fans will want more blitzing. Fans almost always think blitzing is the answer. I am not sure how much difference it would have made last night. The problem was not downs where we knew they were passing. It was downs where we were trying to play both the pass and the run.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day the Bills Offence scored enough to win this game and this game was lost because our defence could not get off the field in the second half and that started in the 2nd quarter.  Frazier called a lousy game and we got zero pressure on a QB and team that was giving up sacks.  

Obviously false.

Bad Red Zone play calling in the 1st half (plenty of FGs!) and a bad choice to end the game are why they lost the game.  Bills are tied for the league lead with 15 FG attempted and over 1/2 are under 30 yards!  They have kicked 8 FG within that range--no other team has more than 5.

• Like (+1) 2

sometimes it strikes me that our D generally plays to defend the whole field, which ends up meaning we ask our LBs or DBs to do the next to impossible covering guys all over the place, and if our front 4 don't get home it is impossible.

contrast that with what both teams who beat us did, they sold out to make allen running non viable, muddled up pressure and blitzes and disguises to make his job hard, and rolled the dice on the back end which allowed for some big busted plays.

my biggest issue with this is it makes us kinda vanilla and predictable, and we basically forced next to no punts all day vs a team missing olinemen with the most sacked qb in the nfl.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.