Defence was dominated and Frazier needs to be more aggressive

Niagara Dude

24 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Sometimes you just dont match up well vs a certain team. The titans are one of those teams for us. They’re an extremely physical team and coached to be borderline dirty. They bully us around a little. Not a good matchup. 

Well said and all true. They always get up for us. 

8 minutes ago, JOSH HUFF said:

Recipe for beating Bills is run the ball, play-action.  Imagine if they played Tampa, they would get destroyed.  Tampa has a better offense than the Titans and better D.  Hell, the Titans lost to the JETS!   Bills are not as good as we all thought and it was proven tonight.  Where would you rank the Bills now after this loss?  They were 1 or 2.  I don't think the Titans were a top 10 team.  Offense left some on the table but they scored 31 points!  

Does Tampa have Derrick Henry ?   

Tom Cruise What GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, JOSH HUFF said:

Recipe for beating Bills is run the ball, play-action.  Imagine if they played Tampa, they would get destroyed.  Tampa has a better offense than the Titans and better D.  Hell, the Titans lost to the JETS!   Bills are not as good as we all thought and it was proven tonight.  Where would you rank the Bills now after this loss?  They were 1 or 2.  I don't think the Titans were a top 10 team.  Offense left some on the table but they scored 31 points!  

Aj brown and Julio did not play in that game.

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

And we held Tanny to 215 yards passing.

I thought the D played fine. Henry is just a beast to stop in the red zone and those little 5-yard runs here and there add up, and then he punches them in. 

They couldn't get off the field... they played like crap. Noticeable poor games by Milano and johnson.

1 minute ago, cDAVIS said:

I didn't notice that at all. I honestly am not sure what you are referencing. That's not a trait of a McDermott team. Tonight was a hell of a game and honestly not getting that 4th and inches was 1 in a 100. Hats off to the Titans. They always play us tough. Josh has a GREAT game and it just wasn't enough.

I have season tickets and see how the team is always so jacked up before games. Not sure if it was because of Daboll's situation, but they didn't look the same as they normally do leading up to kickoff. JMO.

I feel like this was a game where we needed to establish a good working lead and we were never able to achieve that. 

The Titans had us coming and going and literally every success they had in the passing game came from the linebackers being sucked up to try to stop Henry. The way to get around that is to get ahead and make Tennessee one dimensional. We failed miserably in that regard

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

I feel like this was a game where we needed to establish a good working lead and we were never able to achieve that. 

The Titans had us coming and going and literally every success they had in the passing game came from the linebackers being sucked up to try to stop Henry. The way to get around that is to get ahead and make Tennessee one dimensional. We failed miserably in that regard

Yep.  That’s why this loss was on the offense as much as the defense.  Just a sloppy game all around.  There’s no way we should’ve lost that game.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Looking back at the gameplan leaves me still trying to figure out what our defensive scheme was trying to take away. 

It couldn’t have been the run game because if it wasn’t for the final whistle, Henry would still be running.

Short to intermediate passing? After the first two series it was open all night.

I am guessing the defensive scheme was designed to keep the Titans punting unit on the bench. Congratulations, mission accomplished.

I acknowledge the "other than THAT Mrs Lincoln, how did you like the play?" factor in what I'm about to say, but aside from that long TD run where Poyer got wrapped up in a bundle, Henry ran for 67 yds on 19 carries.  That's 3.5 ypc, which for Henry constitutes containment.

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

2 plays lost this game.

The Henry run.

Josh's INT inside our own 20.

Take one of those away and we win - the INT imo was the biggest play.   

We're fine.  They gave us everything they had.   

Prayers for Knox. 

Yep. And buffalo still has a great shot to win with 30 seconds left

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

2 plays lost this game.

The Henry run.

Josh's INT inside our own 20.

Take one of those away and we win - the INT imo was the biggest play.   

We're fine.  They gave us everything they had.   

Prayers for Knox. 

Wrong! 

1. A holding call on a guy 20 yards behind the play which nullified the game winning Kick off return. 

2.  Later that drive a failed QB sneak on 4 and 6 inches. 

13 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If we weren’t going to play for OT, why kick 2 FGs on first two drives? To me the mentality on red zone offense needs to be TDs or nothing.

Coaches need to have feel for the game.  

I think McDermott did by going for it.  

Your QB just put his body on the line to try and win the game.. came up a half yard short.   You ride with your star QB after that play.  

9/10 we convert that.  Perfect storm of left side of the line being blown up AND Allen not getting the sneak off cleanly. 

Just now, SCBills said:

Coaches need to have feel for the game.  

I think McDermott did by going for it.  

Your QB just put his body on the line to try and win the game.. came up a half yard short.   You ride with your star QB after that play.  

9/10 we convert that.  Perfect storm of left side of the line being blown up AND Allen not getting the sneak off cleanly. 

I don’t mind going for it, I’m saying we needed to make a play earlier and play with more urgency earlier. Case in point Titans tried lateral middle of game. And tried a sellout punt block after our 2nd to last drive. They took chances and we didn’t take enough. Love playing to win calls.

Haha…honestly this is the best word to describe how I feel too.  

Disappointed.  

I had already banked 5-1 at the bye.  I thought our defense was for real.  

Instead, we get 4-2 and, while over the KC hump, get to worry all year about matching up with “physical” teams like Tennessee and Cleveland.  

47 minutes ago, QCity said:

Our base D is nickel, we're just not built to stop a power running game.

And boy, did it show tonight.

One of the reasons why a healthy Cleveland scares me the most. 

24 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Does Tampa have Derrick Henry ?   

Tom Cruise What GIF

No, but they are balanced enough to give us problems. Balanced teams give the Bills fits. Just like I think we would struggle against a team like Cleveland. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I agree.  

I thought Edmunds had some real good plays. He was hit and miss though. Milano seemed to be non-existent all game. Not sure if he is still hampered by the hammy. T. Johnson didn't have a very good game either. The whole D pretty much sucked. Not sure why Epenesa was scratched.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.