Defence was dominated and Frazier needs to be more aggressive

Niagara Dude

End of the day the Bills Offence scored enough to win this game and this game was lost because our defence could not get off the field in the second half and that started in the 2nd quarter.  Frazier called a lousy game and we got zero pressure on a QB and that was a team that was giving up sacks.  

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Edmunds got worked tonight. He got picked on in the second half. Regularly lightly brushed out of plays. 

Edit: A lot of people kicking back on this. Maybe I should be more specific. Edmunds did not have 4 bad quarters, but he was picked on and pushed out of plays more frequently as the game went on. 

Edited by Mango
add on
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day the Bills Offence scored enough to win this game and this game was lost because our defence could not get off the field in the second half and that started in the 2nd quarter.  Frazier called a lousy game and we got zero pressure on a QB and team that was giving up sacks.  

100%.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Edmunds got worked tonight. He got picked on in the second half. Regularly lightly brushed out of plays. 

Quite honestly it seemed to me that Milano had a bad game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day the Bills Offence scored enough to win this game and this game was lost because our defence could not get off the field in the second half and that started in the 2nd quarter.  Frazier called a lousy game and we got zero pressure on a QB and team that was giving up sacks.  

I think our head coach was calling the Defensive  Signals  in the second half.  He had a laminated sheet in his and he backed the players up and we did not blitz once and we played zone. Last year Frazier said that McDermott doesn’t like to blitz  

Looking back at the gameplan leaves me still trying to figure out what our defensive scheme was trying to take away. 

It couldn’t have been the run game because if it wasn’t for the final whistle, Henry would still be running.

Short to intermediate passing? After the first two series it was open all night.

I am guessing the defensive scheme was designed to keep the Titans punting unit on the bench. Congratulations, mission accomplished.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

100%.

Quite honestly it seemed to me that Milano had a bad game.

Milano got fooled a few times in misdirections and was sort of on an island at times with a ton of field to cover. He did not have a great game either.

I noticed Edmunds not being able to disengage and/or OL sneezing and he was taken well out of the play. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I very much disagree and hope to prove it when the All-22 comes out.  He was one of the better players for us and made solo tackles when others couldn’t against Henry

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 12

5 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

It couldn’t have been the run game because if it wasn’t for the final whistle, Henry would still be running.

Outside of that long run where Oliver, Poyer and White were all blatantly held, Henry only had like 65 yrds on 19 carries

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I noticed Edmunds not being able to disengage and/or OL sneezing and he was taken well out of the play. 

I thought Edmunds had his third good game in a row for arguably the first time in his career.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

It seemed we figured something out defensively and for the second straight year the Titans just took this defense apart 

Disappointing effort from the d 

Sometimes you just dont match up well vs a certain team. The titans are one of those teams for us. They’re an extremely physical team and coached to be borderline dirty. They bully us around a little. Not a good matchup. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Why Obada?  I haven't seen much from his 2 games.  Defense got HENRYEEEED!!  Offense couldn't beat rookie and backup CB's.  Bills offense was terrible in the REDZONE!  I like going for it for a half yard on 4th down, however, I sure wouldn't run on the side where DT Simmons is lined up!  This Bills team is not as good as I thought...Titans have a very good RB and good couple WR, not much after that.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Outside of that long run where Oliver, Poyer and White were all blatantly held Henry only had like 65 yrds on 19 carries

It was brutal.  Everyone started creeping up and tanny was just hitting the easy throws in the vacated spots.  Felt like we had no chance to make another stop

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, popcornpam said:

I think our head coach was calling the Defensive  Signals  in the second half.  He had a laminated sheet in his and he backed the players up and we did not blitz once and we played zone. Last year Frazier said that McDermott doesn’t like to blitz  

You need to do something when you have zero second half stops,  our defence did not have enough plays

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Defense was non-existent in the 2nd half. Couldn't stop a runny nose.

Precisely the reason they went for the win instead of the tie.  I never thought the D would be that bad today.  They didn't have a stop since the 1st quarter interception. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.