I would have gone for it too!

Irv

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The call to go for it I love and was correct.  But this was Daboll fault to be honest on how he tried to be cute and tricky.

He needs to stop being cute on the 4th and 1, it’s the ONLY time it doesn’t work for us.  Allen has like a 98% success rate over 3 years on the sneak.  If you’re gonna sneak it, then lineup and sneak it.  But because Dabol had Allen in shotgun and walk up, he never really got his feet and set to push.  

If we lineup and just snap that ball with Allen under center from the get go, I guarantee we convert.

Hard count would have killed them. Had Josh walked up there and hard count them, they either jump or slow them 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

It looked like a first down ,  total BS because they could have called PI on the guy covering Sanders in the back of the end zone

I saw that too. I guess no pass interference if you ass check the receiver?

Not to mention the holding on the Derrick Henry run. But Henry's gotta get that long run in for the highlight reel.

12 minutes ago, Irv said:

We have the AFCE wrapped up. Why not?  Give the Titans a lot of credit.  They battled. We'll see them again. Great game to watch despite the outcome.  Not worried about them unless they get lucky again.    

STOP!!!   We DO NOT have anything locked up. Games are won the field. Want home field advantage for all playoffs.  Today we lost a possible tie breaker.  We have 11 more games to play.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Going for it was the absolute right call. A QB sneak was moronic. After games where the sneak was there against other teams and they didn't do it. 

You have an improvisational player who is big, fast and strong and you call the ONE F***ING play that removes that. 

You design roll him out right and let him decide if he wants to throw or run it. He can either run over a db, outrun a lineman or throw it if a LB leaves coverage. 

If everything goes wrong, he may still pull a play out of his ***. 

Instead, a QB sneak against a team that it obviously wasn't there against. A play that removes all ability to put something together if it breaks down. A play that can be ended by a single player on your team or theirs. 

I swear Daboll calls **** sometimes just to 'prove' he can..

I dont really have a problem w the call but I agree with you too. I feel Allen gets that 99% of time. Play got blown up bc Dawkins lost his matchup badly

5 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Going for it was the absolute right call. A QB sneak was moronic. After games where the sneak was there against other teams and they didn't do it. 

You have an improvisational player who is big, fast and strong and you call the ONE F***ING play that removes that. 

You design roll him out right and let him decide if he wants to throw or run it. He can either run over a db, outrun a lineman or throw it if a LB leaves coverage. 

If everything goes wrong, he may still pull a play out of his ***. 

Instead, a QB sneak against a team that it obviously wasn't there against. A play that removes all ability to put something together if it breaks down. A play that can be ended by a single player on your team or theirs. 

I swear Daboll calls **** sometimes just to 'prove' he can..

Yeah yeah sure and if the bills call a roll out designed pass and we get stopped, you go “why wouldn’t you sneak it with this huge man who always gets a yard!””

catch 22 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

The way the D played yea I don't blame them for going for it.  They didn't stop them since the interception in the first quarter.  They were so afraid of the run it totally opened up the pass game.  We were outcoached again in Tennessee.  How did the Jets beat these guys?

No Julio or Brown and Jets have a stout dline and tennesee still moved the ball well. It happens

19 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

100%. if you want to be a big dog, you have to play like a big dog. your 6'5' 250 qb should get 7 inches of grass every single effing time. Poor execution, and the o line are BUMS. 

Agreed, but Josh slipped. He didn't have good footing and got no push when he tried to cut. I can't put that all on the OL. Just one of those ***** football plays that doesn't go your way in a tight game.

Liked going for it, didn't like the call.  The way our line was getting pushed around today makes it a much less likely pickup than usual.  As someone else said, roll Josh to the right and let him decide to toss it or run through a db for the first.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I dont really have a problem w the call but I agree with you too. I feel Allen gets that 99% of time. Play got blown up bc Dawkins lost his matchup badly

That's exactly the point. You called a play that can be killed by one guy screwing up with no hope of other options or improvisation. 

If you're going for it on 4th and 1 in the 1st quarter then sure. That's the play call. 

The last play of the game, no, you have to give yourself options. 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

STOP!!!   We DO NOT have anything locked up. Games are won the field. Want home field advantage for all playoffs.  Today we lost a possible tie breaker.  We have 11 more games to play.  

AFC East is ours to lose…..Dolphins & Jets are 1-5, Patriots 2-4 with 5 of there next 7 games against us, Browns, Chargers, Titans and Panthers. Patriots go 5-8 at best in that span. Our next 7 are against the Dolphins, Jags, Jets, Colts, Saints, Patriots and Bucs.  Our worst case scenario is we go 4-3 in that span and end up 8-5 with a 3.5 game lead over the Pats with 4 games left.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

AFC East is ours to lose…..Dolphins & Jets are 1-5, Patriots 2-4 with 5 of there next 7 games against us, Browns, Chargers, Titans and Panthers. Patriots go 5-8 at best in that span. Our next 7 are against the Dolphins, Jags, Jets, Colts, Saints, Patriots and Bucs.  Our worst case scenario is we go 4-3 in that span and end up 8-5 with a 3.5 game lead over the Pats with 4 games left.

AFCE is not *****.  Need to win overall conference. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

AFCE is not *****.  Need to win overall conference. 

Agreed, or at minimum snag the 2 seed to have at least 2 home games like last year. Right now unfortunately we are 4th out of the 4 division leaders.

8 minutes ago, motorj said:

Except they called the most obvious play in the book instead of the doing something like the 2pt play earlier.

When you have the AFCE wrapped up you don't go for a qb sneak

I know we have some decent success at times with the qb sneak, but does it not seem like we struggle overall with the play? 

We make the sneak look awfully difficult sometimes, especially with a 6 foot 5 240 pound qb. Why can't we execute like the Pats did with Brady all those years...

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Nope.  Not even 1 out of 10 times.  Stupid call.  Take the tie and bank on either getting the ball first or your defense. 

I hated it the moment they stayed on the field.  They called the play everyone knew was coming and got beat where the Titans kicked their ass all game.  

This loss is on McD as much as it is on the defense. 

Awful take.
Just

awful. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.