I would have gone for it too!

Irv

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

We have the AFCE wrapped up. Why not?  Give the Titans a lot of credit.  They battled. We'll see them again. Great game to watch despite the outcome.  Not worried about them unless they get lucky again.    

I have no problem with the play. Their player made a play and beat Dawkins. 

i still cant believe they didnt give Allen the 1st down on the prior play. 

The call to go for it I love and was correct.  But this was Daboll fault to be honest on how he tried to be cute and tricky.

He needs to stop being cute on the 4th and 1, it’s the ONLY time it doesn’t work for us.  Allen has like a 98% success rate over 3 years on the sneak.  If you’re gonna sneak it, then lineup and sneak it.  But because Dabol had Allen in shotgun and walk up, he never really got his feet and set to push.  

If we lineup and just snap that ball with Allen under center from the get go, I guarantee we convert.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I have no problem with the play. Their player made a play and beat Dawkins. 

i still cant believe they didnt give Allen the 1st down on the prior play. 

It looked like a first down ,  total BS because they could have called PI on the guy covering Sanders in the back of the end zone

The way the D played yea I don't blame them for going for it.  They didn't stop them since the interception in the first quarter.  They were so afraid of the run it totally opened up the pass game.  We were outcoached again in Tennessee.  How did the Jets beat these guys?

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

100%. if you want to be a big dog, you have to play like a big dog. your 6'5' 250 qb should get 7 inches of grass every single effing time. Poor execution, and the o line are BUMS. 

We just never seemed to have it together on the left side. 

I have an earlier image of mongo passing a guy inside to Morse to get back outside on a stunt when the DT was already 2 feet past Morse for a straight shot up the middle. Like straight disengage to pursue another guy. 

how we have it dialed up inside for the sneak and allow the defender to get a crease is baffling. Just total lack of assignment recognition by josh/the OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Nope.  Not even 1 out of 10 times.  Stupid call.  Take the tie and bank on either getting the ball first or your defense. 

I hated it the moment they stayed on the field.  They called the play everyone knew was coming and got beat where the Titans kicked their ass all game.  

This loss is on McD as much as it is on the defense. 

Everyone always knows a sneak is coming. What are you even saying bro.

Going for it was the absolute right call. A QB sneak was moronic. After games where the sneak was there against other teams and they didn't do it. 

You have an improvisational player who is big, fast and strong and you call the ONE F***ING play that removes that. 

You design roll him out right and let him decide if he wants to throw or run it. He can either run over a db, outrun a lineman or throw it if a LB leaves coverage. 

If everything goes wrong, he may still pull a play out of his ***. 

Instead, a QB sneak against a team that it obviously wasn't there against. A play that removes all ability to put something together if it breaks down. A play that can be ended by a single player on your team or theirs. 

I swear Daboll calls **** sometimes just to 'prove' he can..

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, NoSaint said:

We just never seemed to have it together on the left side. 

I have an earlier image of mongo passing a guy inside to Morse to get back outside on a stunt when the DT was already 2 feet past Morse for a straight shot up the middle. Like straight disengage to pursue another guy. 

how we have it dialed up inside for the sneak and allow the defender to get a crease is baffling. Just total lack of assignment recognition by josh/the OL. 

noticed that one too. total trash. who's the O line coach, cause he sucks. 

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I liked the call to go for it, but would have preferred a RPO for Josh out of the gun.  

Agreed. They should have run a play designed to score a TD, not just gain a few inches for a first down.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The call to go for it I love and was correct.  But this was Daboll fault to be honest on how he tried to be cute and tricky.

He needs to stop being cute on the 4th and 1, it’s the ONLY time it doesn’t work for us.  Allen has like a 98% success rate over 3 years on the sneak.  If you’re gonna sneak it, then lineup and sneak it.  But because Dabol had Allen in shotgun and walk up, he never really got his feet and set to push.  

If we lineup and just snap that ball with Allen under center from the get go, I guarantee we convert.

I don’t think Allen walking up was the reason Dawkins got pushed back a yard 

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

It looked like a first down ,  total BS because they could have called PI on the guy covering Sanders in the back of the end zone

We didnt lose bc the officials i dont want to come off like that. I just dont get how that spot doesnt at least get reviewed. Yikes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.