2nd to last drive lost the game...

JaCrispy

55 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

All the haters saying the Bills didn’t beat anyone good outside of an underperforming KC is just going to gain traction. 

This team always falls apart against tough, aggressive teams. 

by fall apart do you mean score 30+ and hold Tanny to 200 yds, no TD's and a pick?

i'd say we did fine.   If we play the Titans 10 times we win 7 or 8.   Wasnt in the cards tonite.

• Like (+1) 1

I get that the drive we're talking about here was very disappointing as we could have gone up by two scores if we had driven for a TD.  What I don't get is the obsession with ONE drive.  Do people watch the NFL? Every offense in the league will have a couple of bad series.  To claim that this ONE bad series cost us the win when the D had  6 bad series is absurd.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh Allen did not lose this game Josh Allen once again was a one man offense he doesn’t tackle Henry…he doesn’t cover Brown….he doesn’t block…he’s still the teams best running back my goodness what more can this kid do

and yet........ that drive all he had to do was take the middle of the field..take the easy completions against a team that was missing starters all over the secondary and run the clock down.     if your a race car drive and lead the entire pack for 99 out of a 100 laps but the last one you decide to go balls the wall and slam into the wall....its still not smart choice.   

as its been said..for the most part he played great...but...when your D is worthless and its the end of the game...that drive was crucial and he just threw it away.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, whorlnut said:

The defense lost this game. 

McD coached scared on D.

1st time I ever felt that in his career here

4 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

All the haters saying the Bills didn’t beat anyone good outside of an underperforming KC is just going to gain traction. 

This team always falls apart against tough, aggressive teams. 

We lost by an inch on the road. 

This wasn't like last year vs Ten

4 hours ago, MPT said:

He definitely slipped. He did a weird little hop and then slipped with both feet and went straight to the ground. It's nearly impossible to stop a QB from moving the ball six inches forward unless he either fumbles or slips. Tom Brady is one of the least athletic quarterbacks to ever play football and he makes these plays every single time.

Tom Brady just snaps the ball and barrels his way through. Allen has been hesitating and looking for an opening lately. That was not the time to do that. If you are going to sneak it, just put your head down and do it.

I don't prefer the sneak there anyway. Our interior oline is kind of weak. Roll Josh out and let him find a running lane or an open pass.

5 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

and yet........ that drive all he had to do was take the middle of the field..take the easy completions against a team that was missing starters all over the secondary and run the clock down.     if your a race car drive and lead the entire pack for 99 out of a 100 laps but the last one you decide to go balls the wall and slam into the wall....its still not smart choice.   

as its been said..for the most part he played great...but...when your D is worthless and its the end of the game...that drive was crucial and he just threw it away.  

So basically you’re proving my point Allen has to be Superman again for this team to win games 

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

We didn't have a sack.  We didn't get close to Tannehill.  

We got close to Tannehill over and over. Titans O-Line was holding all night and only got called for it once. And on the play it was actually called it was a phantom call. 

Even on the first drive the Refs assisted the Titans with a no call for holding. Jerry hughes was about to sack tanny on the first 3rd down of the game and instead got held. Tanny converts. If the Refs call the hold the titans end up punting from deep in their own end zone. Probably cost the bills 20 yards of field position, which potentially turns that opening drive FG into a TD. 

Small things like that keep happening and add up to a loss by a couple of inches in the 4th quarter.

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So basically you’re proving my point Allen has to be Superman again for this team to win games 

No, he just has to be efficient and aware of the game situation.  Yes, as far as it was on him to win via points, but method wise, last night called for being methodical and efficient more than being superman.

15 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The 8 yard gain was there all day for the taking.  Tom Brady has made his living on that stuff, but their corners were out and Allen has a lot of trouble staying patient.  This game should’ve been a blowout if they’d just been more focused and methodical on offense.  Sugar High Josh and Daboll.

How can a game be a blowout when you give up 6 consecutive scores lol also its pretty tough to be methodological on offense when the titans are getting pretty much free rushers only rushing 4 most of the game 

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Tom Brady just snaps the ball and barrels his way through. Allen has been hesitating and looking for an opening lately. That was not the time to do that. If you are going to sneak it, just put your head down and do it.

I don't prefer the sneak there anyway. Our interior oline is kind of weak. Roll Josh out and let him find a running lane or an open pass.

I think part of it was we finally started to get some good push against the Titans dline on the last couple drives...they looked gassed but made the play that mattered most. Brady also doesn't have a left tackle launched into his lap the second he takes the snap on a sneak lol I can't say I've ever seen that before 

Seemed the Titans took the same simple gameplan as the Steelers. Run the ball, and use quick passing that gets the ball out in under 3 seconds and neutralizes our pass rush. On defense, drop 7 and get 4 nasty guys to beat up our soft, finesse OL. The Titans Front-7 ate our lunch. Even with all their DBs out, the DL and LBs played well enough to shut down the Offense when needed.

We're built to beat other finesse, passing teams like the Chiefs (and Rams and Chargers). We do not hold up well against hard-nosed teams.

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think part of it was we finally started to get some good push against the Titans dline on the last couple drives...they looked gassed but made the play that mattered most. Brady also doesn't have a left tackle launched into his lap the second he takes the snap on a sneak lol I can't say I've ever seen that before 

That would be impossible the way Brady does it. He pushes immediately forward right over his center and doesn't leave any time for tackles to be pushed into him or anything else.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

That would be impossible the way Brady does it. He pushes immediately forward right over his center and doesn't leave any time for tackles to be pushed into him or anything else.

Lol what happened to Dawkins is pretty much impossible is what I'm saying...looked like Josh tried to do exactly what brady did just a little left of center because he knew all he had to do was fall forwards to pick up a few inches... but Dawkins was in his lap in the split second it took him to take the snap so he slipped.  We wouldve been more successful if we didn't even have a LT on that play somehow 🤣 the defender basically tackled josh with Dawkins instantly.  Clearly it didn't work so we're all free to criticize but it is an absolute freak play not being able to get a couple inches on a sneak even if the defense loads up against it...like getting stopped when you need a full yard is one thing.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Seemed the Titans took the same simple gameplan as the Steelers. Run the ball, and use quick passing that gets the ball out in under 3 seconds and neutralizes our pass rush. On defense, drop 7 and get 4 nasty guys to beat up our soft, finesse OL. The Titans Front-7 ate our lunch. Even with all their DBs out, the DL and LBs played well enough to shut down the Offense when needed.

We're built to beat other finesse, passing teams like the Chiefs (and Rams and Chargers). We do not hold up well against hard-nosed teams.

They lost to the Jets 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.