2nd to last drive lost the game...

JaCrispy

1 minute ago, Process said:

Daboll and the defense were the reasons we lost. 

Can’t blame Daboll, Josh had receivers open he either missed or didn’t get the ball to. Blame the defense for making Tannehill look like Brady. I don’t think they sacked him once.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Can’t blame Daboll, Josh had receivers open he either missed or didn’t get the ball to. Blame the defense for making Tannehill look like Brady. I don’t think they sacked him once.

Josh didn't have guys open when Daboll was calling run plays on 2nd and long in the RZ all first half. 

Play calling was better in the second half but we lost the game kicking FGs in the first.

I have to agree.  The second last drive just needed to burn clock, rest the defense, and get points.  Either 3 or clinch it with 6. Still, he got us down there the next drive.  They actually signaled his 3rd down run a first down.  There should have been a review.  I feel they rushed the fourth down call and got blown up. 

Edited by Bob in STL

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Also why sneak to Simmons side? Probably their best IDL

it didn’t feel like josh planned his route in line with the blocking scheme. 

or maybe more aptly the scheme didn’t match the call. 

you don’t even have to get a push there. That’s the beauty. You break even, you win. You lose and you still probably win. Just don’t create a hole, totally whiff and allow direct penetration into the hole you created.

without a replay- did mongo cut inside further than needed? I know Dawkins is getting beat up but felt like the whole flow was off somewhere in there. Like matching helmets to guys didn’t match Josh’s angle at all 

Edited by NoSaint

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Josh didn't have guys open when Daboll was calling run plays on 2nd and long in the RZ all first half. 

Play calling was better in the second half but we lost the game kicking FGs in the first.

you don’t do an inside run on 2nd and goal from the 12?

I recall the interviews in the off-season about trying to convert 2nd down instead of 3rd. Think they bailed on that philosophy on that call

4 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Defense was helpless. Edmunds was ***** useless again. 

Absolutely disagree - i thought Edmunds was fine and I’m not a big Edmunds fan. I thought the defensive strategy of giving tanehill easy 8 yd throws was the downfall. If the D makes any of those stops on 3rd 

/4th down in the second half, we win

• Like (+1) 1

I agree that drive was crucial and Allen taking that sack was a very critical mistake at a terrible time by him.

But when one play or even one drive is the difference........then you didn't play well enough to deserve to win.

They played themselves into a slug fest with bad red zone play and settling for field goals.

When you play the Titans you gotta' decapitate their defense and then tee off on Tannehill..........they accomplished neither and were fortunate to still have a chance at the end.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.