10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Golden said:

He looks a bit out of shape still & was knocked backwards 3 yards on the last play.  It was embarrassing, even though he was up against a good D lineman.  He should own it & try to improve 

He's paid to be a franchise LT and got destroyed. The team and Josh put their faith in him to hold the point of attack just for a few inches and he failed miserably. Josh should've gone right away from Simmons. 

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

In what way was it an "off game for Josh"?  Led the O to 31 points, had over 350 yards passing with 3 TD's and one pick.  Led the Bills to the 3 yard line at the end and came within half a foot of winning the game.  Allen was fantastic tonight the O-line and D not so much.

Well see half this board expect Allen to tackle Henry…cover brown…be the teams best running back…and throw for 5 touchdowns every game 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

It took a penalty that may or may not be called, and a stop at the 1/2 yard line. We had more first downs 27-15 that is a better indicator of the game play. McD would be better next time too. I'm confident we're better.

So am I but they beat us twice in a row. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not too worked up about this one. There are not many games left on the schedule that we will be underdogs. Maybe just the Bucs game. I think we made a bad decision keeping Epenesa out.

The o-line played its worst game of the season. 1 yard or less QB sneak is usually a guaranteed 1st down for Allen, it just wasn't our night. All that going against us and we were still an inch away from winning. I don't see this game impacting our season at all.

impacts us in the standings.  And concerning that Allen missed a bunch of open WR's when under pressure.  That's not normal.  And concerning that our offense was stalled by a depleted defense in the red zone, again, we can't seem to get a TD in the red zone and it cost us the game.  

33 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Coaching after a brilliant game against KC.....one of the worst games ive seen coached since dick jauron

I was actually concerned about this. 

I felt that the defense - all of it, coaches players etc - "went for the gusto" against KC.  After last year's win against the Ravens, we seem to lose focus - lose physicality, not as good of a game plan, something, the following week.  Maybe the D is just sore as ***** and one week isn't really enough time to recover, IDK.  But it just seems like when they play out of their minds one week, they have a letdown the next week.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

We are in a group of 5 capable afc teams. Not good enough to be the best yet unfortunately.  Buf, bal, kc, lac, ten are all in it 

Cleveland being on the outside looking in, but could spoil someone. 

It's all going to come down to matchups in the playoffs. Who plays who will determine what happens. I think out of that list of teams you hope to draw either Balt and Lac? 

On a side note, I hate myself for caring too much. It's not going to change, but I just feel dumb. I have zero control and no ability to do anything to help the Bills. (As in, I will never have a job in the organization, obviously). 

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well see half this board expect Allen to tackle Henry…cover brown…ne the teams best running back…and throw for 5 touchdowns every game 

Yea I think the expectations for Allen by some fans are crazy.  Sure he's the 250 million man but there's only so much he can do. 

18 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Red zone offense wasn’t good. We could have put them away early, but kicked FGs instead.

Also Josh seems below average at QB sneaks. He needs to watch some Brady footage. That guy seems to convert them 100% of the time.

Red zone offense has been bad all year

Needs to be fixed. Teams play zone as soon as the bills get inside the red zone and Allen starts to struggle or at least get confused 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

totally agree.  Morse is a turnstile against a physical D.  Creed Humphry would have been a nice upgrade in the draft, but we took Basham, to sit him in this game.  Someone needs to explain AJ and Basham not being active tonight.  

I’m more mad that we haven’t done enough to make Josh to stay in the pocket. Half the time he’s running or scrambling to create plays. Nothing wrong with that, but one of these times it’s going to bite us. (Injury). We need to build Josh an epic Oline so he can be Brady back there and sling it everywhere. 

I don’t understand anyone who wanted to kick the FG there..

Name one contender that wouldn’t go for it..

Ravens would. 
Chiefs would.  
Chargers would.  
Titans would. 

It was the right decision.  9/10 Allen gets that, even with a blown up OL. 

We had to go for the win.  Our defense had no answer for them.   Designed a defense to stop Kansas City, but in the process, became susceptible to Tennessee (and likely Cleveland). 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.