10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Yeah, quite the gamer. 18-29 for 216 yards and an INT, and a rushing TD. Henry and the Bills atrocious D tonight were the reasons Tennessee won, not Tannehill.

He did make some clutch throws on 3rd down to keep drives alive that eventually burned us. Can't believe they couldn't plant him in the dirt a few times to rattle his rhythm. 

7 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Henry was in the backfield on most passing downs throughout the game, except 3rd and long. That was the problem. You let the ends rush wide and they just hand it off for the long gain. 

They didn’t call a single run or draw on 3rd and 7 plus all game. 

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’d just like to say one more time Dawkins you suck. I think you will find when we upgrade our LT that the running and passing game improve instantly 

He looks a bit out of shape still & was knocked backwards 3 yards on the last play.  It was embarrassing, even though he was up against a good D lineman.  He should own it & try to improve 

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not in the first half Tennessee doesn’t scare me at all they won because Josh slipped that’s all 

Tenn was also missing a bunch of starters at CB and their OL is terrible.  They won because they abused our weak OL, and our defense can't sack anyone or stop Tenn on 3rd and long.  

26 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Our defense was ***** terrible tonight and now we are going to have our work cut out for the 1 seed. If not to get 2 home playoff games. I’m not sure how people feel good about that. Tonight is not good and now we might have to go to Tennessee in the playoffs 

Solid chance, we have to go to Tennessee. But I'm ok, 9 times out of 10 we win that game

• Like (+1) 1

Put that loss on 3 factors…

1)our defense playing weak in the middle of the field due to play action

2) crucial OT mistakes - the pick tip due to Brown’s whiff and the last play due to Dawkins getting pancaked 

and

3) some weird coaching - picking 3rd and 7 over 2nd and 17 for a running team? Likely a 7 point swing.  And likely Coach probably called that obvious last play. Geez I wonder if they will run Josh left? 

Edited by Locomark
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

This will def pump the brakes on the “best team in the league” talk and “can anyone beat Buffalo?”

I dont think it will as much as you think...maybe if we look average coming out of the bye.  I dont want to say it's a flukey loss but we pick up that first 8 times out of 10 and win that game 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Still a few weaknesses on this team. I thought this team would win a super bowl this year, but the more I watch this team in detail, it’s not good enough yet to win the big win. We do NOT consistently win on the Oline enough to impose our will on teams when we need it. Our RBs are also NOT good enough, when we need them to take over games, they can’t do it. We rely on Josh to do to much during times when a really good RB would help open up even more for Allen. No matter what anyone says here, our 2CB isn’t good enough. We need a super physical corner than can play man really well against teams like Tennessee while we focus on the running attack. Watching Brown getting open over the middle on a whim was sickening. With all that said, we are a very good team, and I think we are 1 more good draft away from winning it all. 

I have to agree.  I think Josh Allen played well but its foolish to think he can somehow win games by himself.  Great quarterbacks can win games, but they need the rest of the team to step up too!  The Bills defense gave up a ton of 3rd down plays and got worse as the game went on.  Bills running backs were not ever a threat and Titans treated them as such.  Bills should have had the kick return  TD.  How the hell can these guys figure out not to hold and grab like that?  Then those last 2 plays, I knew Josh wasn't going to get the first down on that prev. play, he started back to far in the backfield. And the last play was just poor by the O-line and Josh didn't get any momentum either.  But it just shouldn't have had to come down to that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.