10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

11 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Yes I did, and as I have posted MANY times on here, on many of the 3rd down conversions that failed where he scrambled or threw deep there were guys open, and I mean wide open, that would have gotten the first down.  The question should be what game where YOU watching?

You also have to keep in mind that on a lot of these supposed plays you are referencing there are defenders jumping and putting their hands into passing lanes so those throws to wide open guys may not always be possible especially on underneath stuff.  The angle we all watch the game from does not tell the whole story 

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

What a great game by 2 excellent teams! Too bad we lost but I have no problem with Coach’s call

I agree with the coaches call to go for it, but disagree it was a great game by 2 excellent teams.  We got beat by a team playing backup CB's against all-pro WR's but couldn't block to give Josh any time to get them the ball.  The offensive playcalling lacked any rhythm, and JA played good, but not great like he is capable of and didn't see open WR's.  

The D was a mess.  The secondary was giving up plays on 3rd and long, and they should be able to win man on man battles.  Henry is a beast, but we (and a non-holding call by the zebras on his long TD) helped him.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Read what I said again and then think about your response.  I said on passing downs. You know, when there was an empty backfield or 3rd and long.  

Henry was in the backfield on most passing downs throughout the game, except 3rd and long. That was the problem. You let the ends rush wide and they just hand it off for the long gain. 

Just now, Rigotz said:

Franchise QB.

4-2 with a 2 game lead on the division.

The rest of the division opponents are a joke.

The rest of the schedule is a joke.

The team is healthy.

The coaches are making aggressive calls.

There’s a lot to like. The two guys I’m annoyed by today are Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison. They won’t be here next year. You know who will be? Epenesa, Rousseau, and Boogie. All were inactive tonight. The future is bright and we’ll be fine.

Rousseau was active, but didn't see him in much

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Love watching Dawkins get shoved into the shadow realm 0.2 seconds after the snap

That was bad but I'm talking pre snap. They only had 3 guys on the D line. We needed 6 inches. We should convert there 98% of the time. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I liked Tannehill with the Dolphins and I liked him when he won "Comeback Player of the Year".  He's a gamer.

He played well, though I think many qbs succeed against Milano and edmunds tonight. The middle of the feild just behind edmunds was WIDE open, it was just pitch and catch the entire second half.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Worst part of this is that Tennessee has an extremely easy schedule as well.  

That Tennessee team we saw tonight is going to win a lot of games.. especially in a division with Houston, Indy and Jax. 

They'll win the division easily but they'll be lucky to grab the 4 seed. They played their butts off tonight but do have a tendency to play down to their competition. Plus they're always getting hurt. 

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree. You're not going to score on every possession.  The deep strikes made sense given how banged up the Titans secondary was.  IMO Allen and the receivers were magnificent tonight - 31 points should have been enough against the Titans.  We were within inches of winning this game thanks to Allen/WR's.  The problem is that our O - line and RB's are average.

And as good as the defensive scheme against KC was the scheme tonight was terrible.  NO pressure on the Titans QB allowing them to convert 3rd & long all night long.

I dont think announcers make a big enough deal on what allen is able to do on the run with these absolute strikes down the field just because a receiver is 'open'.  These are still incredible throws that everyone is taking for granted because his last name isn't mahomes 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You cause me to mourn the departure of DC Tom.

Our QB completed 74.4% of his passes for 353 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT and rushed for another 29 yds - 382 yds of offense - and you're blaming the QB?  SMDH.

Our D didn't get the job done, couldn't buy one single stop in the 2nd half.  That was the problem.

Don’t bother guy hates Allen and only trolls when they lose 

3 minutes ago, dakrider said:

The Bills defense seemed to be worn out, so may have had something to do with that decision. 

I don’t mind if they go for it on 4th down but that 4th down play call was just horrid. Everyone and their mother knew we were going to QB sneak it. As soon as Allen went under center I threw my phone and took a piss.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

Franchise QB.

4-2 with a 2 game lead on the division.

The rest of the division opponents are a joke.

The rest of the schedule is a joke.

The team is healthy.

The coaches are making aggressive calls.

There’s a lot to like. The two guys I’m annoyed by today are Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison. They won’t be here next year. You know who will be? Epenesa, Rousseau, and Boogie. All were inactive tonight. The future is bright and we’ll be fine.

how is the future bright when AJ and Boogie were determined by the coaches to be worse options than what we had out there?  That is concerning to me.  Either Frazier has no clue what he is doing (which seemed totally possible this game), or those players are not that great.  

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Bills fans are never again allowed to say that Tannehill is mediocre. He made a couple of bad plays early, but was phenomenal the rest of the way. I don’t care what his stat line says.

once fans get something in their head its ingrained...its like josh allen is inaccurate..   ive always said that Tannehill is a different QB with a running game.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I liked Tannehill with the Dolphins and I liked him when he won "Comeback Player of the Year".  He's a gamer.

Yeah, quite the gamer. 18-29 for 216 yards and an INT, and a rushing TD. Henry and the Bills atrocious D tonight were the reasons Tennessee won, not Tannehill.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.