10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

6 hours ago, klos63 said:

No it doesn't send that message. There's more to the decision than that. That's just a overused cliche type of explanation. Not based in reality.

Yeah. I kick the FG there. You’re on the road and you give yourself other chances to win in OT. I didn’t like the decision or the play call. Analytics don’t factor in game situations.

Edited by Governor

Very disappointed in Frazier.  If you’re clever enough to scheme to beat Mahomes, you should be able to stop the Michigan State offense on third downs.  First and second downs were fine, but never adjusted to what the Titans were doing on third and long which was to move Brown inside and behind a stack for a free release inside.  Never brought pressure.  Just let Tannehill sit back and find Brown over the middle over and over again with zero adjustment.  Totally inexcusable and frankly arrogant.  

• Like (+1) 2

The afterglow:

1.  Can't be too upset with the loss.  Was a great game and was a cliff hanger until the end.

2. I think the difference in the game was the DLINE had no push when it really needed it.

3. Henry is a machine.

4. Can't fault the Offense for this one.

5. Give credit where credit is due.  Titans were undermanned and dropping like flies, yet played like a wounded animal.

6. This game had a playoff feel to it.

7.  Hardest two game stretch is now in the books

8. Vrabel with the redux of the Musical City Miracle was actually genius.  It was set up to work..  Imagine our outrage today had it worked.

9. I don't fault Buffalo for going for the win.  The Defense was not going to stop Henry if the game continued into OT.

10. I can take this loss and move on.  Same as Arizona last year.  Buffalo left it on the field.

11. Oh Andre...

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

big tough dirty and well coached.  that's what kills us.  it didn't matter that they had a ups driver and a barrista playing CB, they just jammed us up front and abused our o line, and got pressure on josh like every single 3rd down.  

on the other side, the d just folded hard.  milano had no business playing, he looked awful.  odaba or whatever his name is is our worst lineman, addison is meh, hughs is meh + a bit of flashes here and there.  AJ and basham on the bench didn't help us at all.

if we are making one move into the bye/trade deadline, it has to be for an OG.  we need someone nasty on the left side.

bills played hard, but made too many mistakes.  IMO this loss is down to coaching.  we weren't prepared well enough (couldn't get the O to operate without josh running around like his hair is on fire, bad bad bad special teams penalties, and a dumb kick off strategy) and vrabel drew up the exact game plan necessary to make us shoot ourselves in the foot.  he put his guys in the best position to win, we just lined up and begged 17 to be super man up and down the field.

• Agree 1

Last play call with all those options a little hard headed but I get it... josh slipped

still big boy football game both teams hitting hard...

Bills need another big linebacker who can run and hit...

Rookie D liners were non existent and have some work to do to play at that level...

Coaches need to learn to adjust faster...

Still good learning experience and Bills played hearts out... all you can ask for and it was a great game.

Edited by North Buffalo

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well, *Coach*, it was a management decision to beef up the middle of the Dline for the game. Harry played very well, stuffing holes and providing inside rush pressure. But you have to take off your BBFS sunglasses to see. 

And it was a poor decision.  Zero sacks, and rarely any pressure in passing situations.  I am actually somewhat okay with their run defense.   

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Passing the ball in that situation wouldve absolutely terrified me...so much can go wrong not to mention they don't want to end a game with a tossup type PI so they let the defense get away with some stuff 

We moved the ball 83 yards in about 2 minutes, I’m not even sure if we had a third down until we were knocking on the door.  Atleast have the pass option in there. We played for 6 inches instead of two yards. I’m not mad they went for it, I’m mad they backed out of going for the end zone and played for the first down when there was very little difference. 

7 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Henry definitely is one of a kind. Just saying tampa bay saw the bills defense have no answer at all to the play action (yes obviously because of henry) and tampa will try to expose that weakness of the middle cuz it was a massive weakness tonight.

Tampa does not have Henry.  Big difference. Tampa presents many other problems though.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BananaB said:

We moved the ball 83 yards in about 2 minutes, I’m not even sure if we had a third down until we were knocking on the door.  Atleast have the pass option in there. We played for 6 inches instead of two yards. I’m not mad they went for it, I’m mad they backed out of going for the end zone and played for the first down when there was very little difference. 

Well, 6 inches gets you a few more plays.  I’ll bet if they tried to score and failed a lot of people would cry about the 6 inches.  

Bottom line is our OL got pushed back on the left side.  Yes Allen slipped but there was nothing there in the way of a push. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2

From an objective standpoint, hell of an entertaining game. I agree with the decision to go for it; the Titans scored on their previous 7 drives I believe. The play call was even OK (if he had tossed it and the RB lost yards, we would have gone nuts. You put the ball in your superstar’s hands. It was just a tremendous defensive effort. 

From my subjective opinion, I was sick about it, but I’m still impressed with our offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Coaching staff and active roster decisions - if this game plan worked, great for them. They’re geniuses. But it didn’t. Failed miserably. They gave up the run AND the pass. 

Monday morning tells me that next time, do what you do best — shut down the pass. You can’t attempt to shut down the run and then leave yourself open to the pass. This is the NFL and every team can complete ten yard IN routes. Stop letting the other team force your hand. Play Buffalo Bills football and dictate on your terms. No, Tannehill didn’t look like Marino out there, but he also didn’t get sacked. So when Henry does his thing, which is most predictable, you can’t let them eat their dessert too. 

Kill the quarterback, force turnover/punts, get up by 14, then you take Henry and make the Titans a more beatable team. That’s the adjustment I’d make for next time. 

• Agree 1

This game to me is the definition of better to be lucky than good. They got the pop up interception, they caught the ball of Poyers helmet, the horrible officials hurt us more( though bad all around), Josh slips at end when we need 6 inches. Lots of little things that if one goes the other way we win. Feels like Cardinal game last year, we lost because of a few funny bounces to a team we should have beat. That being said if they get healthy I will not want to face them again.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If Allen goes right on that sneak it's a TD. I'm not sure why he ran right into the teeth of DL alignment. OL blocks right, Allen goes left. Dawkins has to reach a powerful DT. 

I fel like they kind of outsmarted themselves with the run up from shotgun to quick do the sneak - just didn't seem like it allowed things to be set from our side and also got the D even more zoned in.

It's crazy to me to not be able to get 6 inches with a QB sneak.   How does Brady always fall forward for a yard on QB sneak - always.  Can't every QB just watch tape and do what he does?  I would be in the group that would be second guessing "why not just do a QB sneak!" if they did anything else.  It's just crazy to me you can't convert those 6 inches.

I also can't believe how unlucky the scramble before was - great effort play, but just shift the ball 6 inches towards the goal line as you are falling - geez.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Tried to warn people before the game the Titans were the better team but no one seemed to want to listen.

Bills have played one of the worst schedules out there.  Titans beat the bills 9/10 times.  Bills have a lot of work to do.

You again. What a troll. The Titans are not the better team. Give me a break.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.