10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Yep. I don’t think Vrabel is the smartest coach in every situation but he has done a good job overall. 

This type of team is one of if not the worst matchup for us. We are absolutely built to stop the pass. The Titans are uniquely capable of setting the tone via the run game because they have one of the best backs of all time. 

And unless the Bills offense can capitalize early and often, the Titans gradually punch away and drag you down into THEIR game.

• Agree 1

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

And unless the Bills offense can capitalize early and often, the Titans gradually punch away and drag you down into THEIR game.

Yep. We score two TDs instead of field goals early and we may have walked out of their with an easy win. Settling for field goals and then letting Henry take a long one to the house for an early lead was not what we needed.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

This!

At the same time Bill's played hell of a game fighting there strength. Some positive.

yeah I mean we can gripe about the failures but it was, at the end of the night, two good teams trading blows and we just let it slip away at the end… literally.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

By far best RB in NFL. Many teams going to have problems with Henry. He is a game plan wrecker.Hard to stop.

I mean it's also pretty important to fill running lanes too against a team like TEN...if you're going all out rushing the passer you could leave yourself exposed to some pretty big runs.  That buys tannehill some extra time 

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

Did you watch what we did last week? Or the three weeks before that? None of those teams had a run game to speak of and this wasn’t an issue. Henry is one of a kind. 

Henry definitely is one of a kind. Just saying tampa bay saw the bills defense have no answer at all to the play action (yes obviously because of henry) and tampa will try to expose that weakness of the middle cuz it was a massive weakness tonight.

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Henry definitely is one of a kind. Just saying tampa bay saw the bills defense have no answer at all to the play action (yes obviously because of henry) and tampa will try to expose that weakness of the middle cuz it was a massive weakness tonight.

fair enough. I do think the difference in talent from Henry to fournette is more than made up for by the talent of the Bucs OL. That one is gonna be a hard out for sure.

I have to say, I’m more disappointed than mad. Disappointed that they got manhandled. I think Frazier thought that because he had prior success containing Henry, he thought it okay to sit Boogie. Think Boogie would’ve been better against run than Addison/Obada. Gotta correct that offensive line. Pittsburgh/Titans exposed this. Ravens just waiting, let alone Tampa

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yep. We score two TDs instead of field goals early and we may have walked out of their with an easy win. Settling for field goals and then letting Henry take a long one to the house for an early lead was not what we needed.

Yep.

How Arizona beat up on them - they got up 3 scores on them early 24-6 by the end of the 1st half.

Takes the ball out of Henry's hands and they cannot play that bleed the clock game on you.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

There's no right or wrong but the idea of kicking sends the message,we don't think your good enough to get 6" to win the game. You want to say they lost because they tried to win the game, that fine.

No it doesn't send that message. There's more to the decision than that. That's just a overused cliche type of explanation. Not based in reality.

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I have to say, I’m more disappointed than mad. Disappointed that they got manhandled. I think Frazier thought that because he had prior success containing Henry, he thought it okay to sit Boogie. Think Boogie would’ve been better against run than Addison/Obada. Gotta correct that offensive line. Pittsburgh/Titans exposed this. Ravens just waiting 

Why was tonight the night to get cute and start obada? Epenesa and Boogie are physical and quick enough to get to Henry before he gets steam. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.