10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

My issue with him is his lack of adjustments. You should always be trying to find an answer. The fact he gave up on the defense pisses me off

I mean he's coaching to win the game lol I don't understand this take.  What Tennessee does is not exactly rocket science either it's a very physical brand of football where they punish you with the run to the point where linebackers just instinctively bite on play action thinking its a run and receivers are wide open.  His guys were not executing and he did what he thought gave his team the best chance to win that's his job.  

3 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Yes

based on the final score?

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No idea why the Bills coaches decided to make the game about getting a first down there?

Why are they playing for 1-yard?

When you’re on the 2-yard line?

Run any normal play where Allen has the option to run or pass to players in the end zone. 

That bailed the Titans out.

Allen played his guts out.

they were actually playing for 1/2 yard, which is worse strategy.  Line up 3 wide, I can't imagine the defense stopping us.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Honestly how do you stop Evans, Brown, Godwin, Gronk? Especially when Fournette is serviceable. We just don’t have a physical enough personnel. They ate KCs line for dinner, what do you think they are going to do to Morse and Mongo? 

KCs line in the super bowl was much worse than what ours has been this season...mostly due to their lack of depth and injuries.  Their game plan in that game seemed to completely ignore that fact too which still blows my mind to this day 

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No idea why the Bills coaches decided to make the game about getting a first down there?

Run any normal play where Allen has the option to run or pass to players in the end zone. 

I agree with you - especially after they have stuffed our other attempt at the sneak. You could tell they really practiced shutting that down.

Would have preferred our chances with 11 or 12 personnel and some RPO action that would have spread things out a bit and forced them to decide whether to cover Allen or our RB, FB, or TE...

I miss our direct snap to the running back play - with Allen's ability to fake taking the ball and running to a side, one would think he would take a few defenders with him and our RB would have some room. Just food for thought.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean he's coaching to win the game lol I don't understand this take.  What Tennessee does is not exactly rocket science either it's a very physical brand of football where they punish you with the run to the point where linebackers just instinctively bite on play action thinking its a run and receivers are wide open.  His guys were not executing and he did what he thought gave his team the best chance to win that's his job.  

How can you say hes coaching to win the game when the bills lost. he was playing a game of chances, and if you want that, then go be a fan of sean mcvay and the rams who havent won ***** either.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

they were actually playing for 1/2 yard, which is worse strategy.  Line up 3 wide, I can't imagine the defense stopping us.

Well they’re like put the ball in Allen’s hands, but it’s like then have him run a play where he can throw or run, because the play before he gets you 6 yards.

How many times has Allen scrambled for a touchdown that close?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Couldnt agree more. the time management and play calling was baffling at the end.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Passing the ball in that situation wouldve absolutely terrified me...so much can go wrong not to mention they don't want to end a game with a tossup type PI so they let the defense get away with some stuff 

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Brady don’t have a Derrick Henry. Hopefully the coaches watch the film and see that Addison is useless against the run. He’s strictly a pass rusher at this point. 

Brady is the goat of quick crossing patterns that tannehill shredded us with and has many many more weapons. But one game at a time. I agree, Addison hurt us. I'd like to know why they thought obada Hughes Addison Phillips were the choices tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 97bills said:

I will say this Allen is a bad man he will do anything to win, that also scares me to many hits. I love this team just need help up front maybe the rookies come along 

Don't be afraid of Allen taking hits.  The kid is BIG, and SMART.  He's not going to get hurt on any clean play.  He's too big, AND smart, for that to happen.  If that's what you're afraid of, please put that fear to rest.  ***** happens, but he's NOT a random, crazy player.  Put those fears to rest!

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

Couldnt agree more. the time management and play calling was baffling at the end.

They have analytics guys crunching the numbers on stuff like this...an allen sneak was undoubtedly the highest percentage play there.  Throwing the ball in a short yardage situation like that opens you up to maybe the receiver drops the ball maybe the pass gets batted etc ....just didn't work out and obviously everyone is free to criticize 

Just now, Norcalbillsfan said:

Brady is the goat of quick crossing patterns that tannehill shredded us with and has many many more weapons. But one game at a time. I agree, Addison hurt us. I'd like to know why they thought obada Hughes Addison Phillips were the choices tonight.

I'm over Hughes and Addison. They'll both be gone next. They're just too old and slow to be impactful anymore. Play the young guys and draft more youngsters. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Show me a QB that doesn't have a bad series in a half?  The expectations for Allen by a small group of "fans" is bizarre IMO.  Honestly I think it's coming from the "wrong Josh" crowd that still can't get over the fact that Allen is actually an elite franchise QB.

That was KINDA my point. It was a bad series at a bad time in the game, when the offense could have sealed the deal by simply doing what they'd been doing previously. But of course it happens. 

Just can't happen then when the defense is getting run over. He was so composed and under control for the most part. Taking check downs, avoiding bad plays (despite poor line play and Titans scheming the Bills seemed a bit unprepared for). The same kind of approach would have worked on that drive, seemed like.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Edmunds bit on every play action. It’s like a broken record. Over and over agin. 

That’s what happens when you let the RB gash you over and over. Henry is special. 

Edmunds played more aggressive and physical against the run than ever - and managed stop Henry in his tracks a couple times mind you - and now we are upset with how he defended the pass. Well if the DL managed to stop the run or rush the passer with any efficiency the linebackers wouldn’t have to bite on the play action. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Tannehill killed us because Henry killed us. Fournette is good, but no Henry. Bills can drop players into coverage with no threat of 76 yd TD runs

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

That last sneak might have worked had Josh did what he did against the Texans and bounced outside

If you look at the overhead replay of the play I think it was designed for Josh to go off left tackle but Sweeney's block on the outside LB was late.  That;\'s the crucial block and Sweeney's a sub so I'll bet he did not get any reps in practice on this play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.