10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Yes he was wrong to not have confidence in the defense. The defense has pitched two shut outs. 

It’s his specialty, his guys, and his fault. Every drive is a new one and he stopped trying to make adjustments. He might have lost some of the defense after tonight.

I'm not saying it's not his 'fault' the defense didn't play well...each drive is not a new drive...his guys could not account for the PA at all and they will entirely put the loss on themselves No one is more thrilled the bills offense went for the win than the bills defense 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I’m not trolling. McD didn’t have a defensive game plan tonight and he certainly wasn’t ready for a 2 minute drive.

You are literally proving his point that he should've gone for the win on offense though when you were originally using that as evidence of why he shouldn't lol thats why I'm confused...if you want to say the defense wasn't prepared thats fair but that's not what the original comment was about 

22 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Maybe with 3 timeouts that's is possibly the right call... but the playbook would've been limited, and a TD was far from guaranteed in that situation, especially given the Offenses shortcomings earlier in the game in similar down and distance. 

People are acting as if it was goal to go.  He was only picking up another chance or two at a score before potentially still having to settle for a FG, not worth the risk when you factor all that.

Also, there is still a 50% chance Buffalo wins the flip, who's to say Titans ever get the chance to see the field???

I like Josh and the offense's odds against a depleted Titans defense to go right back out there and score if they had won the flip and got the ball right back...

Even if they don't, if I'm McDermott, I still have to have faith in my defense to atleast hold Tennessee to a FG should they win the flip.

I’m sorry, the defense gave nobody any faith that they could stop the Titans.  6 straight scoring drives.  McD made the right call.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Brady has an erection after watching edmunds and Milano tonight. Play action, Godwin across the middle, wash rinse repeat.

Brady don’t have a Derrick Henry. Hopefully the coaches watch the film and see that Addison is useless against the run. He’s strictly a pass rusher at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You are literally proving his point that he should've gone for the win on offense though when you were originally using that as evidence of why he shouldn't lol thats why I'm confused...if you want to say the defense wasn't prepared thats fair but that's not what the original comment was about 

My issue with him is his lack of adjustments. You should always be trying to find an answer. The fact he gave up on the defense pisses me off

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

That last sneak might have worked had Josh did what he did against the Texans and bounced outside

He tried that on the first sneak they stuffed. 

The Titans had a DT crash the gap left of Morse, but defensive players following up on the outside to be sure he could not bounce outside. He got stuffed.

They had our sneak play well-defended.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We have no answers for it. I hate Brady, but he actually has weapons now. Watching Tennessee is what you are going to get when we play Tampa. 

Tampa would do exactly what Tennessee did. Drop more in coverage. Ignore Buffalo's run game and force Josh off his spot. Brady would carve us up.

No idea why the Bills coaches decided to make the game about getting a first down there?

Why are they playing for 1-yard?

When you’re on the 2-yard line?

Run any normal play where Allen has the option to run or pass to players in the end zone. 

That bailed the Titans out.

Allen played his guts out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Hasn't Tampa been pretty suspect against the pass and elite against the run this season? That's what it seems like from seeing a few of their games but I dont know the stats offhand 

Their dbs are suspect, but not as bad as titans 3rd string dbs. Better pass rush and much better lbs, even though long played lights out tonight.

7 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I’m not trolling. McD didn’t have a defensive game plan tonight and he certainly wasn’t ready for a 2 minute drive.

he definately had a game plan, it just wasnt as effective as he would have liked...or...150k fans...   they need to get better at analyzing things

during the game and making changes, and not repeating the same mistakes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.