10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I'm not understanding the hate on Allen, we can't expect him to cover the deficiencies on defense. Allen did his job and then some, I have no issue with him. Biggest issue I have was Poyer being wrapped up on Henry's long TD run

Eh, that's one play.  But this is now two games where the D did not manage a single stop in the 2nd half of a game.  It concerns me.

• Shocked 1

Anytime we play a physical team we struggle. Pittsburgh, Tennessee. We would probably lose to Tampa, but we match up better against Arizona and Green Bay. 

Tampa, Pittsburgh, Tennessee are all very balanced and physical teams. I think they are all beatable, but we have to play clean football and tonight wasn’t clean enough. 

There are only 4 teams I worry about. 

Tampa

KC

Tennessee 

Pittsburgh 

Cleveland if fully healthy would concern me, mostly because they are fairly balanced as well. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

So we who wanted to kick were wrong?

I think both sides could make a good case...it really comes down to what wouldve happened with the coin flip in OT which is a risk I'm sure coaches try to avoid when they can.  I think OT wouldve favored the titans as we weren't great in the red zone and they were

How is anyone placing blame on Josh Allen right now? 

I mean really… guy is leaping over defenders and running for his life and we’re complaining because he didn’t see a guy break open for a split second on a play where 2 guys are in his face, he’s looking the opposite direction and he has to get the ball out or take a sack.

Give me a ***** break. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Eh, that's one play.  But this is now two games where the D did not manage a single stop in the 2nd half of a game.  It concerns me.

Yeah but you gotta figure, that one play could have very well ended up in a stall or 3 points. Given the final score, that was a huge miss on the officials

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen didn't miss a "bunch" of wide open WR's tonight. Maybe 2 or 3 at most.  EVERY QB misses a couple of wide open receivers almost every game.  And our offense was stalled because we have an average O  line and mediocre RB's.  Allen & the WR's hide a lot of deficiencies in the offense.

He missed Sanders, Beasley, and I think Knox for TD's.  Those are HUGE misses that he  does not normally make.  

I agree the O line is average (that might be charitable).   The playcalling on offense was abysimal.  We looked like KC last week.  Throwing long or running.  We could have abused their backup CB's by making them cover Diggs, Sanders and Beas all night, instead, we got some random play.  

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It’s felt like Allen was struggling tonite, his passes tonite were very wobbly. I don’t know if it was Monday nite football pressure or just a bad game but the ball did not spin out of his hand tonight like it usually does. 

I thought Allen played a great game. He was the reason we had a chance to win. He carried the offense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

How is anyone placing blame on Josh Allen right now? 

I mean really… guy is leaping over defenders and running for his life and we’re complaining because he didn’t see a guy break open for a split second on a play where 2 guys are in his face, he’s looking the opposite direction and he has to get the ball out or take a sack.

Give me a ***** break. 

Allen was tremendous tonight. People are getting spoiled.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's the argument I can acknowledge in favor of "going for it".  But Dawkins had a false start penalty and we'd gotten stuffed on an early "and 1" play.

Loved the idea to go for it. Hated the hesitation and lack of preparation in doing it that gave Tennessee enough time to prepare for it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Grow up. That was exciting back and forth football! The Bills left some points out there on offense, and the defense fell victim to the Henry effect as the game remained close. But it was good, entertaining football. Don't be blinded by fandom. 

But this is a fan forum.  This isn’t an impartial, passionless dissection of a random MNF game. When you grow up, you might understand that. 

26 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not in the first half Tennessee doesn’t scare me at all they won because Josh slipped that’s all 

There's more to it than that. If we play them in Tennessee with how physical they are, I don't see it. We have to get them in Orchard Park with a home crowd. That's the onky way I see it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.