10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He missed a wide enough open Diggs in the end zone earlier in the game. You can’t do that against good teams. But I don’t blame Josh, I put most of the blame on our Oline and RBs. 

I’d like to see more of Moss and less of Motor. That catch Moss made would’ve been a drop by Motor 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t understand anyone who wanted to kick the FG there..

Name one contender that wouldn’t go for it..

Ravens would. 
Chiefs would.  
Chargers would.  
Titans would. 

It was the right decision.  9/10 Allen gets that, even with a blown up OL. 

We had to go for the win.  Our defense had no answer for them.   Designed a defense to stop Kansas City, but in the process, became susceptible to Tennessee (and likely Cleveland). 

I honestly believe every team besides the ravens kick the fg

10 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It did. Something felt wrong all night. It felt like a loss. 3 hours of torture with a brutal finale.

Grow up. That was exciting back and forth football! The Bills left some points out there on offense, and the defense fell victim to the Henry effect as the game remained close. But it was good, entertaining football. Don't be blinded by fandom. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Golden said:

He looks a bit out of shape still & was knocked backwards 3 yards on the last play.  It was embarrassing, even though he was up against a good D lineman.  He should own it & try to improve 

Dawkins looks even slower out of his stance than his normal average slow. He has always struggled with speed rushers and gets undressed by the physical star DE’s. He has to be one of the worst rated LT’s in the run game this year and his pass blocking is average at best. Way to much money for a LT that is giving you that level of play. We got into KC head and now KC is going to just kill the Titans next week to show that our win against them was a fluke.

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Put that loss on 3 factors…

1)our defense playing weak in the middle of the field due to play action

2) crucial OT mistakes - the pick tip due to Brown’s whiff and the last play due to Dawkins getting pancaked 

and

3) some weird coaching - picking 3rd and 7 over 2nd and 17 for a running team? Likely a 7 point swing.  And likely Coach probably called that obvious last play. Geez I wonder if they will run Josh left? 

I agree with your points,

1. I'd piggy back and say that it wasn't so much the play action, it was mostly edmunds and alot of Milano playing up because neither wanted to open feild tackle head to head with Henry, they wanted to bottle neck him with help before he got steam. Any qb could have diced our middle of the feild.

2. Dawkins got a terrible jump and got pan caked. That was a decent DL and we made them look good.

3. I hated almost every run play we called in the second half. Their dbs aren't in the same area code as our receivers, why care about keeping them honest on play action, they can't stop the pass 3 times in a row. I felt like even when Singletary got 4 yards it was a waste. Hammer the dbs and make them start holding and PIs

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

We get beat in the trenches all day, so we put the game on the line for a call that everyone sees coming…in the trenches.  

Stupid.  Just stupid.  Going for it shows no faith in the defense (which maybe rightfully so). But you don’t know who gets the ball in OT.  

Allen can’t slip there, but Dawkins got destroyed.  If you run that play, have an extra blocker.  

Welp, that settles it. Not reading your weekly thread again. Way too much BBFS..🙄

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Ugh this is hard to watch. The way the defense lined up, we convert a sneak here 98/100 times. 

UGHHHH

why would you run to the left at a critical time when it had already failed earlier?...   go where the meat of your blockers are.   i think even if dawkins held his 

ground Josh wasnt getting in there because the force of the D is pushing towards the center and closing that gap.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Watch the tape - was worse than his stats. A lot of open receivers tonight. He was off. 

Allen was 34/47 for 353 yards and 3 TD with a fluky INT when his arm was hit as he threw the ball.  Do you watch pro football?  Even the best QB's miss open receivers all the time. 

I'll let you in on a little secrete with the way the O line played tonight and in a couple of other games this year only Allen's freakishly good escapability keeps the sack totals relative low. There are a lot of QB's in the NFL not named Allen who would have been sacked 4 or 5 times tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’d like to see more of Moss and less of Motor. That catch Moss made would’ve been a drop by Motor 

Moss just isn’t fast enough, and neither is motor. I often think about having a RB like Henry and Hunt or really 50% or the RBs in the league. I honestly feel bad for Allen, when he has time, he’s nearly unstoppable. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

There were enough plays on the live repays that you see guys wide open. Sanders in end zone, Beasley in end zone and many more. 

I saw a few times where pressure collapsed the pocket and he had to dump the ball off before loading up to take a deep shot...the only play you're describing that comes to mind is when he took the sack when he thought the titans only had one safety up top and he thought he had davis on a deep post but the other safety got back.  That was not the right decision but all the best qbs have plays like that in any given game.  I feel like we're comparing our guy to some hypothetically perfect qb that makes the right read and a perfect throw every single time 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I knew going for it was a mistake. McDs decision making on that last drive were terrible and concerning.

1. calling TO when you have the defense reeling with 45 seconds left was stupid.

2. Ofc I’m going to say not kicking the FG was dumb. I knew it was from the get-go. 

Not kicking the FG shows McD truly had no answer and/or did not want to adjust the defense. He sounds weak in his press conference tonight too. Very nonchalant and its very strange 

• Agree 1

I think if Buffalo had played a fully healthy Tennessee team, we would have been beaten down pretty badly again.

Alllen had his way with all of those injuries on the defense. It was a great game and they just came up short. It's going to be a tough one to swallow for those guys for quite some time

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.