10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If we want to talk about one play that potentially cost us the game....OUCH.  I'd like to blame the refs but that was obvious.

we can blame the refs.  They also called a weak holding on the Knox TD, only to miss a holding on the Henry TD run.  

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well see half this board expect Allen to tackle Henry…cover brown…be the teams best running back…and throw for 5 touchdowns every game 

It’s a disgrace he didn’t!

In all seriousness, Josh had a good game but the decision making whilst in possession at the start of the fourth quarter cost us the game, despite our awful defence and O-Line. It was hideous and gave them the ball back unnecessarily.

13 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Also FFS Andre Smith how do you pull a blatent obvious holding penalty like that? Like I even noticed it halfway through the play. 

It's ridiculous that this happens with every team, every game. Don't these players know how to block on kick returns? Anything remotely looking like a hold will get called. How can this happen so often.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If we want to talk about one play that potentially cost us the game....OUCH.  I'd like to blame the refs but that was obvious.

I think that's what I'm most mad about, like it was so blatantly a holding penalty that you can't be mad at anyone else. 

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

He went for kill shot on 2nd to last drive. Only mistake, IMO, that he made all game with the exception of hard count at end

He missed a wide enough open Diggs in the end zone earlier in the game. You can’t do that against good teams. But I don’t blame Josh, I put most of the blame on our Oline and RBs. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Man you've seen the game film huh haha how'd you get it so fast.  The broadcast angle is not a great indicator of what is going on 

There were enough plays on the live repays that you see guys wide open. Sanders in end zone, Beasley in end zone and many more. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Solid chance, we have to go to Tennessee. But I'm ok, 9 times out of 10 we win that game

I don't think so.  We can't stop Henry or the play action.  Exact same they way they played us last year.  If we continue to sell out on Henry, they just pass right over the top.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Offense - just gave up running the ball, and started firing it deep. The short middle stuff was there. This really pisses me off because TEN was down to scrubs in the defensive backfield and like morons Buffalo goes for the LOW PERCENT deep balls only to see with their own two stupid eyes that that never ever freaking works in the NFL. You complete one or two of those a game no matter how many you throw. Stupid Buffalo should beat the living hell out the corners with skilled routes and high percentage completions. But they shouldn’t have been throwing that much to begin with.

Run the damn ball!! Jesus. Run the goddam ball when you’re defense is clueless. Stop abandoning the run. If the there’s a theme with this team it’s that it gets desperate and turns into a Josh Allen bullet contest when patience and sustained drives is totally possible because of superior talent.

Defense - pretty awful. Can’t stop the same AJ Brown in route time and time again. Just when I thought Edmunds was playing faster and going, he does this. If he’s a fourth round draft pick, he’s not sticking around this long. Time’s up 49. I’m over his one second delay and lost in coverage ass.

ST - zero in the return game. Finally break one and it’s a penalty. Looks like the punter discovered kicking the ball some time tonight, which is nice. Bass is one of the best kickers in the league. But the return game has no impact out there.

The NFC did Buffalo some favors this weekend, and Buffalo hand the conference a freebie. The shield showed respect with a Sunday Night, then Monday Night, then bye. Buffalo needed to come away with a win given what was going on out there on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

A little too high considering the Titans couldn’t even beat the Jets and had an ever depleting secondary? Maybe (definitely) at the start of the season a close defeat would be acceptable here but now? After the performances of the Ravens and Cardinals yesterday we could have laid down a further marker - instead we look far too easy to get at once again on both sides of the ball.

Yes, there should be no way we don’t make the post season considering the division and our schedule. Do I trust us to do much once we get there? No. This isn’t a single mess up like the Bucs hosting the Saints last year; we have too many issues which raise their head at the wrong time again and again.

I think its too early to raise the alarm bells. Getting to the dance is half the battle. It's way to early to project how this team will be playing going into playoffs. Look at Pitt for example last year. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I don’t understand anyone who wanted to kick the FG there..

Name one contender that wouldn’t go for it..

Ravens would. 
Chiefs would.  
Chargers would.  
Titans would. 

It was the right decision.  9/10 Allen gets that, even with a blown up OL. 

We had to go for the win.  Our defense had no answer for them.   Designed a defense to stop Kansas City, but in the process, became susceptible to Tennessee (and likely Cleveland). 

I disagree. We don't know what other teams would have done, but I still think kicking was the right call. But if you don't kick, call a better play. Nobody can cover Diggs or Beasley on a pass play that only needs 1/2 yard. Spread out the WR's and hit one of them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.