10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I think the expectations going into this game were a little too high. The Bills just came off a huge emotional victory, the media attention was crowning the Bills AFC super Bowl representatives, Monday Night football game on the road, Titans are physical team which Bills tens to struggle with, and the Bills schedule to date has been pretty soft to say the least. 

A little too high considering the Titans couldn’t even beat the Jets and had an ever depleting secondary? Maybe (definitely) at the start of the season a close defeat would be acceptable here but now? After the performances of the Ravens and Cardinals yesterday we could have laid down a further marker - instead we look far too easy to get at once again on both sides of the ball.

Yes, there should be no way we don’t make the post season considering the division and our schedule. Do I trust us to do much once we get there? No. This isn’t a single mess up like the Bucs hosting the Saints last year; we have too many issues which raise their head at the wrong time again and again.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Kick the FG, go to OT... This team ain't the Lions or Jags just scrapping for a W, take the 3, trust you still have the best team on the field, the best QB on the field, the best Defense, go prove it in OT.

we don't have the best D.  They sucked at all levels today.  And I hope they and Frazier got that message by McD going for it.  

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea they just showed a graphic in the post game that I'm still watching for some reason that Allen was 14 for 15 on 4th and 1 situations 

The whole play just looked weird. Watching it live I was like WTF. I was stunned. It looked like Allen just fell or stumbled into the line. Its always easy to play arm chair QB after the fact. 

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, there isn’t very many players on our Oline that I would build around going forward, with the exception of Brown. He’s big and physical enough to win battles enough to stick around. Dawkins can stay, but he’s on thin ice. Everyone else needs replaced. I wouldn’t even be mad if we go Oline, Oline, Oline with all 3 of our first picks next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, popcornpam said:

Maybe he could mix up the plays and send more players after the quarterback once in a while. McDermott is married to only sending four! Even if it doesn’t work and players are over matched. 

its like pre deterimine which teams they are going to bring pressure before and....and its an absolute.    against baltimore last year....we blitz almost every down and im sure there were a couple games this year as well....   thats what happens when you dont totally trust your D in certain matchups...   tonight was Henry.   The sad 

thing is you can play a safe D and still get killed.    we seen that against KC 3 games in a row and finally decided to change things up and it worked.  Tonight was like 

we were playing KC again and just play contain.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It did. Something felt wrong all night. It felt like a loss.

Yep - dominated the first 15 min or so but up only 3. Was weird from the start. Hate to blame refs but felt like I was watching wwe - need to keep it close and exciting.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Kick the FG, go to OT... This team ain't the Lions or Jags just scrapping for a W, take the 3, trust you still have the best team on the field, the best QB on the field, the best Defense, go prove it in OT.

We probably didn't have the best Defense, but there's a 50-50 chance we get the ball first

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

Off game for Josh but he makes the throws required to be great. When he gets that deer in the headlights look, thats when you worry; but he still performs. 

In what way was it an "off game for Josh"?  Led the O to 31 points, had over 350 yards passing with 3 TD's and one pick.  Led the Bills to the 3 yard line at the end and came within half a foot of winning the game.  Allen was fantastic tonight the O-line and D not so much.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm not too worked up about this one. There are not many games left on the schedule that we will be underdogs. Maybe just the Bucs game. I think we made a bad decision keeping Epenesa out.

The o-line played its worst game of the season. 1 yard or less QB sneak is usually a guaranteed 1st down for Allen, it just wasn't our night. All that going against us and we were still an inch away from winning. I don't see this game impacting our season at all.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Glad there's only one Henry in this league, but man, we'd better have our chinstraps on tighter next time. The weird thing is, even though we lost, I always felt like we were the better overall team, and moving the ball at will until the end, just kept shooting ourselves in the foot in several key situations. Hope this turns into the hail Murray effect for us, where now the bear got poked and we rattle off W's the rest of the way... 

Obviously, clearly the better team. I don't think that's up for debate. But we needed the win.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Titans scored on their last 6 possessions, the D game plan was trash.  Going for it on 4th and inches with JA under center was the right call.  Titans got lucky that Allen slipped and the online caved.  

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Honestly, there isn’t very many players on our Oline that I would build around going forward, with the exception of Brown. He’s big and physical enough to win battles enough to stick around. Dawkins can stay, but he’s on thin ice. Everyone else needs replaced. I wouldn’t even be mad if we go Oline, Oline, Oline with all 3 of our first picks next year. 

totally agree.  Morse is a turnstile against a physical D.  Creed Humphry would have been a nice upgrade in the draft, but we took Basham, to sit him in this game.  Someone needs to explain AJ and Basham not being active tonight.  

Just now, newcam2012 said:

The whole play just looked weird. Watching it live I was like WTF. I was stunned. It looked like Allen just fell or stumbled into the line. Its always easy to play arm chair QB after the fact. 

I knew we'd lose if we went for it even though I think it was probably the right call so I wasn't really surprised lol I'm almost happy we tried the sneak because that was the highest percentage play...if we had thrown an incompletion I wouldve lost my mind 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

Put that loss on 3 factors…

1)our defense playing weak in the middle of the field due to play action

2) crucial OT mistakes - the pick tip due to Brown’s whiff and the last play due to Dawkins getting pancaked 

and

3) some weird coaching - picking 3rd and 7 over 2nd and 17 for a running team? Likely a 7 point swing.  And likely Coach probably called that obvious last play. 

oh boy hadn't thought of that, i wonder if McD vetoed Daboll and called that sneak guess we will never know

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.