10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I know what you're saying & agree - but were they really happy?  After they were, but if I was a Titans fan, that play would have been terrifying...

If I was in their shoes yes I would be happy. As a bills fan ive been and you have been in these situations

The thing is you win with a stop, you know they are better than you so you want the game to end as quick as possible. The bills going for it ends it as quick as possible 

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

It ain't as if the Titans are chopped liver, fellas.  And we were playing in their house.  I'd rather we lose a game like this in week 6, when we still have time to learn from it.

P.S., how the hell did that team lose to the JETS????

we were playing the Titans backups on D, their QB who is the most sacked in the NFL, and we had no answer.  Not a great performance.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

I agree with the coaches call to go for it, but disagree it was a great game by 2 excellent teams.  We got beat by a team playing backup CB's against all-pro WR's but couldn't block to give Josh any time to get them the ball.  The offensive playcalling lacked any rhythm, and JA played good, but not great like he is capable of and didn't see open WR's.  

The D was a mess.  The secondary was giving up plays on 3rd and long, and they should be able to win man on man battles.  Henry is a beast, but we (and a non-holding call by the zebras on his long TD) helped him.  

Yeah the hold on the TD run is frustrating as nobody wants to point it out but watching the play not Henry it rather obvious.

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

We said that last year.  We just lost the rematch.  The next rematch could be in Tennessee once again. 

It took a penalty that may or may not be called, and a stop at the 1/2 yard line. We had more first downs 27-15 that is a better indicator of the game play. McD would be better next time too. I'm confident we're better.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I dont think announcers make a big enough deal on what allen is able to do on the run with these absolute strikes down the field just because a receiver is 'open'.  These are still incredible throws that everyone is taking for granted because his last name isn't mahomes 🤣

Heck on the Beasley was open crap on that 3rddown play Allen was past the line of scrimmage when Bease broke open.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Injuries play such a key role and yet we failed miserably to take advantage of a depleted secondary in that awful series of plays at the start of the fourth?

The Jets turned over the Titans yet too often, offensively and defensively, we turned over a had our tummy tickled. It’s lucky we have such a nice schedule after the bye. The only plus is tonight was a shambles is some regards yet we only lost by three.

I think the expectations going into this game were a little too high. The Bills just came off a huge emotional victory, the media attention was crowning the Bills AFC super Bowl representatives, Monday Night football game on the road, Titans are physical team which Bills tens to struggle with, and the Bills schedule to date has been pretty soft to say the least. 

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

how is the future bright when AJ and Boogie were determined by the coaches to be worse options than what we had out there?  That is concerning to me.  Either Frazier has no clue what he is doing (which seemed totally possible this game), or those players are not that great.  

Exactly - 2 second round picks not even dressing is bad. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.