10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

Worst part of this is that Tennessee has an extremely easy schedule as well.  

That Tennessee team we saw tonight is going to win a lot of games.. especially in a division with Houston, Indy and Jax. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I liked the call but also don’t get it in hindsight. Like it was a turn over on downs and the clock stopped immediately. So Buffalo would not have gotten their TO in until what? 17 seconds? Then what with no time outs. A sack or a play short of the goal line runs the risk of ending the game? 

At the time I was hyped at the balls it took to march out there and snap the ball. Result aside. I just am not totally sure if the gain of converting there was worth the risk. 

Just now, clayboy54 said:

I guess you missed the success Henry was having up the gut. No, you don’t rush the passer, you stuff the interior. Open your eyes and think about it for a minute. 

Read what I said again and then think about your response.  I said on passing downs. You know, when there was an empty backfield or 3rd and long.  

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

The thing is with a game like this, if we win there at the end everyone is positive about the game Josh and Beasley etc had, but with coming up just short there will be a lot of fans going OTT in the negativity.

I don't feel terrible with that loss. I'm disappointed and drained but Josh had some great plays and the Titans got really lucky with a lot of things that just went their way. Henry was the whole offense for them and he was due a great game against us, I had a feeling he would with all the talk of how McD had always kept him in check.

Great teams use this stuff as motivation and learn from it. Hopefully we come out of the bye week angry rather than flat and put some teams away. And if we play the Titans again in the playoffs the defense steps up and learns from their mistakes.

I'm not usually a glass is half full guy but today I'm leaning that way

Because of Henry coming alive, the Titans used play action the defenders came down to attack the box (respect Henry) and used it against them.   Glad only to face that guy once in regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Going for at the end there is a play you do against a team you think is better than you

I happen to think we are a lot better than these titans 

Exactly. It says we are afraid we can't beat you in the 5th quarter.  Play scared - lose.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Disagree with this take. The AFC is pretty wide open and the Bills are right there to represent the AFC. 

Every team has strengths and weakness. Also, injuries always play a key role. It's really too early in the season to start crowning or uncrowning a champion. Right now,  the Bills are 4-2 and in command of the AFC east. That doesn't suck.

Injuries play such a key role and yet we failed miserably to take advantage of a depleted secondary in that awful series of plays at the start of the fourth?

The Jets turned over the Titans yet too often, offensively and defensively, we turned over a had our tummy tickled. It’s lucky we have such a nice schedule after the bye. The only plus is tonight was a shambles is some regards yet we only lost by three.

McDermott said in post conference that on the previous play it was ruled a first down, then it was buzzed down and they changed  it. Its what he talked to the refs at the end of the game about.

How the hell can NFL HQ overturn a call without an official challenge. It was ruled a 1st, now there has to be irrefutable evidence it wasn't to overturn.

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I'm a big believer in playing in how the opposing team doesn't want you to play, ie going for it on 4th and kicking fg. The titans thier fans and thier team loved that we went for it. They wanted no part of over time

I know what you're saying & agree - but were they really happy?  After they were, but if I was a Titans fan, that play would have been terrifying...

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I'm a big believer in playing in how the opposing team doesn't want you to play, ie going for it on 4th and kicking fg. The titans thier fans and thier team loved that we went for it. They wanted no part of over time

I guarantee no titan fan wanted us to go for it. 0. 

We convert a QB sneak their 95% of the time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.