10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Cant really get upset about the call. Titans had us on our heels the entire night. Mcd went for the win. I couldnt even believe josh was short on that run..when he dove it looked like a sure 1st down. Unreal. 

The bigger problem is we still struggle with physical teams. Its a huge problem

He didn't dive, Simmons disrupted enough to where Josh lost his footing. I knew as soon as I saw they were going for it something would go wrong

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Did that look like the #1 defense to you tonight?

You absolutely go for it there.   Nobody, including our coach, had faith our defense could stop Tennessee in OT. 

That play where our left side got blown up and Josh Allen slipped after making a great play and thinking we had it won was pretty much a summation of this extremely frustrating game. 

I agree they didn't look like a great defense tonight.

In my opinion they looked better and out played the Titans all night minus a couple plays. Extend the game continue to out play the titans and win

• Like (+1) 1

I’m really struggling with this loss. This one hurts. A lot.

I think it’s because I was honestly starting to buy into all the media hype about the Bills being unstoppable and the best team in the NFL/super bowl favorites.

But It’s hard to buy into all the super bowl hype after tonight.

I hate what a roller coaster ride the NFL is week to week.

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I expected to go into the bye 4-2 prior to the season and we have yet… it’s our own doing. We threw the game against both the Steelers and the Titans, who are no better than average teams. When I see what the Cardinals and Ravens are doing at the moment do I think we’re Super Bowl contenders. I really have my doubts - we’re still too weak where it matters.

Disagree with this take. The AFC is pretty wide open and the Bills are right there to represent the AFC. 

Every team has strengths and weakness. Also, injuries always play a key role. It's really too early in the season to start crowning or uncrowning a champion. Right now,  the Bills are 4-2 and in command of the AFC east. That doesn't suck.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, dakrider said:

Its because there seem to be some fans on here who apparently do not watch much NFL football, and they somehow think the QB should never miss an open receiver or take a sack.

Yea this is most likely it...I have watched brady miss quite a few throws this year...just doesn't make sense blaming your qb when your defense gave up 6 straight scores 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Talley56 said:

Titans just seem to have our number.

That's not surprising.

Did you see the Bills locker room when we beat the SeaSnakes?  Heath Farwell, who played or coached for the Seahawks until 2017, was given the game ball.  Having a former player or coach who can give you the low-down hoe-down on a team's  and a player's tendencies is HUGE and can tip a game.

Two words:  Matt Barkley

8 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Allen was overconfident again, often taking chances when better/safer options where there.  Offensive line was, is, and will continue to be a weakness.  The O-line looks good against bad D-units, but will almost always struggle against above average D-units, just like last year.  

The Defense was never 'great'. They are 'good' but their results are more a function of who they played.

On the call at the end, you go for it there. If that game goes to overtime, it's basically a 50-50 chance of you winning/losing.  You basically have a chance to come close to winning it right there on the 4th down.  I think getting the first and then getting a TD there was better than 50-50....they just didn't do it.

I disagree. You're not going to score on every possession.  The deep strikes made sense given how banged up the Titans secondary was.  IMO Allen and the receivers were magnificent tonight - 31 points should have been enough against the Titans.  We were within inches of winning this game thanks to Allen/WR's.  The problem is that our O - line and RB's are average.

And as good as the defensive scheme against KC was the scheme tonight was terrible.  NO pressure on the Titans QB allowing them to convert 3rd & long all night long.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I feel like everyone that’s not a Bills fan is high fiving. 

Now hopefully we can stop this ‘Bills are best team in NFL and going to the Super Bowl BS.’   

Let’s look at it for what it is.  We beat 3  REALLY REALLY BAD teams and pulled out a nice win over KC. We lost a crap game to the Steelers, and gave one away to the Titans. This team isn’t going anywhere until they do. 

I like ‘em better as underdogs anyway.. Time to not lose another f’ing game.  Big wake up call tonight.  Let’s go Bills… 

We're a top 2 team in the league. We're a Super Bowl team. And we're going to the Super Bowl as long as we don't play at Tennessee in the championship game

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Yes I did, and as I have posted MANY times on here, on many of the 3rd down conversions that failed where he scrambled or threw deep there were guys open, and I mean wide open, that would have gotten the first down.  The question should be what game where YOU watching?

I was watching the game where Allen had 72% completion, didn't try to force it outside of like 2 throws, and helped the team pick up 7/13 3rd downs.  53% conversion is better than any team averaged last season.  Allen played well, there were a couple of plays in the red zone where it would have been great to score but he was far from a leading factor in the loss.

• Like (+1) 7

Early in the season our offense lost us a game, now our D has. Just bad luck. I really didn’t like the QB draw on 2nd down on one of the last couple drives, it stalled the O when we could of really put the Titans in a position where they would of had to  abandon the run. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.