10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

Tough loss to a soon to be division champion that now has the head-to-head on the Bills.

Way too many should of, could of, would ofs, to even need to talk about them.

2 week for everyone to wait for the next battle.  That's coaches, players and fans.

“We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.”

William Shakespeare

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

These takes on Allen are genuinely confusing me...he had one play where he thought Davis was gonna open up deep and the weak side safety came over to help and he took a sack...that was it. That throw to sanders who beat double coverage was a good decision he just missed him it happens 

Maybe they want tyrod Taylor back? Allen is a beast and I love that we finally got a QB we just need help up front on both sides. 

• Like (+1) 1

So my hot take is that we outcoached and outplayed them. The game

was just decided on a few plays where we were out-executed— Specifically, the QB sneak and the long Henry

run.

we have up that long Henry run (where 3 guys were held)—

but without that, we hold Henry to 75 yards and Tanny to 215 yards? That’s pretty good.

And on O we got whatever we wanted.

would have liked a better play call

at the end, and a TD conversion on at least one of the FG’s. But you aren’t going to be 100% in the red zone. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Oh and lol at everyone who says we should have kicked FG or call anything else. Going for it was right call and if they call anything else than QB sneak and it fails same people would be saying why not sneak it.

OL wasn't good enough and that's why we lost. Oh and defense not able to stop AJ Brown.

Just like AZ game, this might be a good thing in the long run.

You say that, then the announcers say Josh like to sneak to the left, I’m sure the Titans defense thought so too…. I would have just like to see something other the QB sneak left….

• Like (+1) 1

Game shouldn't have been close.

Consistently FELL SHORT in the red zone, getting stifled by an embarrassingly bad Titans defense that was just looking for bodies to put on the field.

Stupid penalties cost TWO touchdowns.

Capitalize on EASY touchdown opportunities, don't commit undisciplined penalties, especially when they directly take 14 points off the board.  They do both of these things, and Buffalo maintains a large lead, forcing the Titans to be more one dimensional pass heavy offense.  

Just a massive failure on so many levels against what should have been a truly inferior opponent.

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

How many sacks? How many stops in the second half? How many wasted plays? Bad Daboll. Bad Allen. Bad McD. Are we the team that loses in the 1st playoff game as a 1 seed. 

Yes. Now you can stop watching. And... end it with a "? " *****.

1 minute ago, Rew said:

Did you watch the same Allen as the rest of us?  He took safe/check downs most of the game.  Distributed the ball to most of the offense and was under duress most of the 1st half.  He had like 2 bad throws outside of the 2nd last drive with 17 to go.  The 2nd down play on that drive was the right decision but under thrown, other 2 were looking for too much.  Overall, Allen had a great game of "playing within the system" and "taking what they give you".

Agreed on line play.  Hopefully this is a case of "they gel with time together".

Exactly. Aside from the 2nd to last drive where he kept going deep, he spread the ball out & stayed composed, even after getting harassed the entire 1st half. Sure, he may have thrown a handful of bad ones, but overall he did really well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Josh Allen was not the problem tonight. LOL at this take.

I'm not saying he was the problem, I'm saying there were a handful of plays where he could have made a better decision that may have been enough to win the game for the Bills.  Everything isn't black and white...except I guess on this forum.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He threw 12 incompletions one of which was a tipped int and quite a few were thrown away under heavy pressure so I can't imagine how many plays you're talking about.  Dude had a great game and his team let him down 

Its because there seem to be some fans on here who apparently do not watch much NFL football, and they somehow think the QB should never miss an open receiver or take a sack.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.