10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, wow.  I appreciate your view, but I do have a problem with it.

Make it: have a chance to score a TD for the win, or if stopped, take a FG as long as we maintain possession

Miss it: walk off loss

The Titans had already stuffed Allen on short yardage today, I say take the FG

Either decision was right... titans could've won the toss and steamrolled us in overtime too..we didn't stop them at all in the second half really.  Qb sneak on 4th and inches with Josh allen has gotta be like 75% chance of success but it didn't work out 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Make it: have a chance to score a TD for the win, or if stopped, take a FG as long as we maintain possession

I think the fact it was half a yard changes it.  Obviously it did not work out but I think it was the right call.  The numbers are highly in your favor to pick that up.  

• Agree 2

Personally I would have just tried to draw them off and then called the timeout and kicked, but I understand McDermott going for it and won't fault him at all.  Every analytics model on the planet will tell you you're statistically more likely to win if you go for it, especially considering how our D couldn't stop anything in the second half.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Allen was overconfident again, often taking chances when better/safer options where there.  Offensive line was, is, and will continue to be a weakness.  The O-line looks good against bad D-units, but will almost always struggle against above average D-units, just like last year.  

The Defense was never 'great'. They are 'good' but their results are more a function of who they played.

Did you watch the same Allen as the rest of us?  He took safe/check downs most of the game.  Distributed the ball to most of the offense and was under duress most of the 1st half.  He had like 2 bad throws outside of the 2nd last drive with 17 to go.  The 2nd down play on that drive was the right decision but under thrown, other 2 were looking for too much.  Overall, Allen had a great game of "playing within the system" and "taking what they give you".

Agreed on line play.  Hopefully this is a case of "they gel with time together".

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

People can continue to hate my thoughts but you have the "number 1 defense" chance to take the game to ot with an offense that was driving the ball into the red zone at will tonight. Take it to it and win in ot 

did they look like the #1 Defense tonight?   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

BS

Watch a replay of the game. Watching it live many of the 3rd down conversions the bills failed at there were guys open (often time standing there) that he just missed. If you didn't see it live check out the all-22, I saw it a few times live.

• Disagree 1

Just now, mjd1001 said:

I'm not sure what is confusing.  There were plenty of his incompletions or scrambles where they didn't get the first down...and there were guys wide open underneath or even just past the sticks.  Check out a replay of the game or the All-22 and you will see it.

Josh Allen was not the problem tonight. LOL at this take.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hapless under normal circumstances I would agree with this assessment.  The fact that we couldn’t stop Tennessee on defense made the decision to go for the win all that much easier.  Our defensive game plan was awful….a complete blunder honestly.  

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Those ESPN announcers are high fiving each other right now 

I feel like everyone that’s not a Bills fan is high fiving. 

Now hopefully we can stop this ‘Bills are best team in NFL and going to the Super Bowl BS.’   

Let’s look at it for what it is.  We beat 3  REALLY REALLY BAD teams and pulled out a nice win over KC. We lost a crap game to the Steelers, and gave one away to the Titans. This team isn’t going anywhere until they do. 

I like ‘em better as underdogs anyway.. Time to not lose another f’ing game.  Big wake up call tonight.  Let’s go Bills… 

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.