10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

This is as weird and disheartening a loss as the Hail Murray pass last year before the by week.  I loved that we went for the win but I hated the play call.  We had struggled to handle their interior D line all night.   The QB sneak was a long shot IMO.

would have loved to see a RPO there. Score a TD. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I liked the Bills odds to win in OT and would have kicked FG, but I understand why they went for it.

How? Titans O scored on the previous 6 possessions with 4 being TDs. You're going to go into OT with a tired D line trying to stop Henry?

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

I feel so sorry for the Dolphins. They are about to feel the wrath of this team after the bye week. Tua should call in sick that day.

The 2nd time they will be getting us pissed after a loss.  This time maybe even more pissed.

Oh and lol at everyone who says we should have kicked FG or call anything else. Going for it was right call and if they call anything else than QB sneak and it fails same people would be saying why not sneak it.

OL wasn't good enough and that's why we lost. Oh and defense not able to stop AJ Brown.

Just like AZ game, this might be a good thing in the long run.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

What a great game by 2 excellent teams! Too bad we lost but I have no problem with Coach’s call

Going for it was fine. Not doing a simple sneak over the center was complete garbage. He could have dived forward instead of going to his left first where the left side got blown up. Or rolled out to the right and scrambled for a TD. They out-thought themselves several times in the redzone today. UGH

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

We got bullied in the trenches. Tannehill was the most sacked QB coming into today and you’d never know it based on how little pressure we got. 

For as good as Groot has looked at times this year, he doesn’t get much pressure coming off the edge. Same with the rest of our ends. 

The o-line is going to be a problem all year for us. They are lucky Josh is one of the best in the world and his elite play makes everyone forget about the pressure they give up. 

I don’t hate going for the win there and once Josh got under center the play call was obvious. The o-line just couldn’t get a block.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Really frustrating to watch Tennessee push our ish in all game.   

Josh Allen is a baller, but our team decided to become Kansas City when punched in the mouth.

The defense turned into a garbage can and our OL was hanging on for dear life all game. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Just frustrated to get pushed around by these physical teams. Line play was atrocious again.

The line play (offensive) is ALWAYS atrocious against any D-line that is just above average or better.  This O-line has been a weakness of this team, is currently a weakness and will continue to be a weakness.  They can perform good enough against bad teams, but they are exposed time and time and time again against  any D-line that is simply better than average.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, wow.  I appreciate your view, but I do have a problem with it.

Make it: have a chance to score a TD for the win, or if stopped, take a FG as long as we maintain possession

Miss it: walk off loss

The Titans had already stuffed Allen on short yardage today, I say take the FG

I think both sides of the argument have merit. 

• Like (+1) 2

It was the right call going for it on 4th down. You don't want it to come down to a coin flip for who gets the ball first in OT (a huge advantage).

Helluva game. Fun except for that nasty injury. Reminds me of why I'm an NFL fan. I'm not gonna worry about What It All Means. I'm just gonna say that was a fun way to spend 3 hours.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Josh Allen and the receivers were all we had tonight. The line, coaches and especially the D sucked big time!

I blame the coaching.  We only rushed 4 on passing plays, but didn’t have our best pass rushers out there.  Why is Zimmer playing so much on passing downs.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.