10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Postgame thread

Chandler#81

We get beat in the trenches all day, so we put the game on the line for a call that everyone sees coming…in the trenches.  

Stupid.  Just stupid.  Going for it shows no faith in the defense (which maybe rightfully so). But you don’t know who gets the ball in OT.  

Allen can’t slip there, but Dawkins got destroyed.  If you run that play, have an extra blocker.  

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I want to say bad offensive playcalling but josh threw for 353 and 3tds haha. The defense allowed points on the last sox possessions. Did the Titans punter come out in the second half? I

pretty much this ^,   needed the D to stop a coupla drives there,   cant expect to keep hanging 30+ on teams and blow them out.    could the O have won it?  sure,  but eventually this stuff catches up with u.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChevyVanMiller said:

Mcdermott made the right call going for it, just wasn’t in the cards tonight. I still say Josh had the first on the scramble on the play before.

Agreed. Refs are a holes. He clearly landed on the first down line mark. 

Just now, ChevyVanMiller said:

Mcdermott made the right call going for it, just wasn’t in the cards tonight. I still say Josh had the first on the scramble on the play before.

Bills didn’t even take a sec to look at that one… nor Beasley’s (what I thought was a) touchdown. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

What a great game by 2 excellent teams! Too bad we lost but I have no problem with Coach’s call

Oh, wow.  I appreciate your view, but I do have a problem with it.

Make it: have a chance to score a TD for the win, or if stopped, take a FG as long as we maintain possession

Miss it: walk off loss

The Titans had already stuffed Allen on short yardage today, I say take the FG

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Allen was overconfident again, often taking chances when better/safer options where there.  Offensive line was, is, and will continue to be a weakness.  The O-line looks good against bad D-units, but will almost always struggle against above average D-units, just like last year.  

The Defense was never 'great'. They are 'good' but their results are more a function of who they played.

These takes on Allen are genuinely confusing me...he had one play where he thought Davis was gonna open up deep and the weak side safety came over to help and he took a sack...that was it. That throw to sanders who beat double coverage was a good decision he just missed him it happens 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.