Texans cutting Andre Roberts

Rock'em Sock'em

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If we're trading a DLman, it's either to get a piece we see as missing (like another CB?) or to get a draft pick and open a spot to bring Stevenson off IR

Butler seems to be trending as that guy if they are going to get rid of one. Passing team in the Chiefs= inactive

Running team in the Titans=Inactive 

What do they need him for them, seems like the odd man out

I wouldn't mind signing Roberts, he was a sturdy effective punt returner in 2019 and 2020. However, he hasn't been very good with the Texans as a returner in 2021 and is 33 and will be 34 in January. As much as Mac has made me a bit nervous, he has been pretty solid as a returner. Not sure if Roberts still has it as a return man but I wouldn't fault the Bills for trying to get a steady hand they are familiar with back in the fold. 

38 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’d sign him right away.  McKenzie isn’t trustworthy back there and Roberts, though having a down year, is far better.

Disagree.  Roberts was better two years ago, and possibly better last year, but there's a reason they moved on.

16 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Definitely over Kumerow.

Disagree there too.  Kumerow has been playing very well on ST, getting 66% of the snaps

Getting 10-12% of the snaps on offense as a blocker who can provide a reasonably credible pass catching threat

Has been Doing His Job

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't mind signing Roberts, he was a sturdy effective punt returner in 2019 and 2020. However, he hasn't been very good with the Texans as a returner in 2021 and is 33 and will be 34 in January. As much as Mac has made me a bit nervous, he has been pretty solid as a returner. Not sure if Roberts still has it as a return man but I wouldn't fault the Bills for trying to get a steady hand they are familiar with back in the fold

They dumped him less than a year ago.  They don't agree he is a steady hand.

I don't get this.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.