We need to ease off on other fans' misery.

BringBackFergy

A little off topic, but Rogers going off on his "I own you!" thing to Chicago yesterday made me think about the Brady/Bills relationship.

Brady was ALWAYS deferential.  They have such great fans up there, they always give us a hard time, we have such respect for them, blah, blah, blah. To me, that was always worse than if he had gone full Rogers - it sounded phony & insincere, and we all know he was probably thinking how much he owned us while he was saying it.

I can't say I would have preferred him going off like Rogers did, though.   That would have hurt to here that. Still, I loved seeing Rogers do that  yesterday.  

6 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Not for the Patriots.  

They lived in a fan fantasy land for 20 years.  Championships, perpetual comebacks, every single bounce going their way, etc...  They have a lot to make up for.  I wont feel bad for them for a long time.

This.**** the Pats

4 minutes ago, cr02pica said:

I agree with this to an extent… but I’m sorry, I will never feel remorse for Pats fans when they lose… they had enough winning to last a couple of lifetimes.

Yeah there's just certain teams that I agree. Chiefs, Steelers, and Pats come to direct mind. Does it go with success? Ehhh... maybe, but I don't hate like Packer fans. I do dislike Cowboys fans though... but not as much as those other three.

• Like (+1) 1

Is this a serious conversation?  Really?  We are worried about the feelings of sports fans now?  I mean yeah I am not classless in my behavior, but I truly enjoy the destruction of everyone we are playing.  Fans included. 

I do think there is never a reason to be classless and go overboard with this either.  Which I have seen plenty of at any sporting event I have attended.  I remember Bills in Denver years ago and the fans behind me yelling racist crap to some bills fans.  My wife started chewing them out.  I was like omg I have to get into a fight now. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yeah, I said it.  Remember, we were all there in the last 20 years.  

The horrific passing game with Todd Collins and JP Losman.

The "fit it up" defense with Dave Mustache

The George Edwards teams.

#Rexgate

Getting excited about Tyrod passing for 136 yards.

I watched the Patriots lose that game against the Cowboys and couldn't help feeling sorry for the fans in the stadium.  Same with Mac Jones.

After we beat the Chiefs, I sympathized with their fans who were clearly frustrated.  Even Mahomes looked distraught and unable to process what happened.

The Dolphins lost a nailbiter and I couldn't help but feel the raw emotion in the coach's eyes and their fanbase (many of my friends are Dolphin fans).

We need to relax a little on the "serves them right" and "ha ha" posts.  Those fans pour their lives into their team just as we do. We should be more sympathetic to their plight.

That is all.

Lol, this is one popular post

Nice job/post Fergy

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Is this a serious conversation?  Really?  We are worried about the feelings of sports fans now?  I mean yeah I am not classless in my behavior, but I truly enjoy the destruction of everyone we are playing.  Fans included. 

I do think there is never a reason to be classless and go overboard with this either.  Which I have seen plenty of at any sporting event I have attended.  I remember Bills in Denver years ago and the fans behind me yelling racist crap to some bills fans.  My wife started chewing them out.  I was like omg I have to get into a fight now. 

give wifey a high five for me. Ive not put up with crap like that ever but If I heard it I'd be choosing my words carefully and succinctly..or even communicating my displeasure nonverbally. KNOCK IT OFF

..I dont willingly suffer fools. Nope.

Edited by Muppy

1 hour ago, Success said:

A little off topic, but Rogers going off on his "I own you!" thing to Chicago yesterday made me think about the Brady/Bills relationship.

Brady was ALWAYS deferential.  They have such great fans up there, they always give us a hard time, we have such respect for them, blah, blah, blah. To me, that was always worse than if he had gone full Rogers - it sounded phony & insincere, and we all know he was probably thinking how much he owned us while he was saying it.

I can't say I would have preferred him going off like Rogers did, though.   That would have hurt to here that. Still, I loved seeing Rogers do that  yesterday.  

IDK, what do you want him to say?  He’s trying to be as non confrontational as possible.  I don’t mind Brady as he’s smart enough not give fans or anyone else really bulletin board material, and OT seems to pee off opposing fans even more.

As far as the OP, I guess it depends on to opposing fans face, no, other than good natured kidding.  I don’t go to other boards anyway as I think it’s a stupid decision for me.  I just don’t care.  For our board, I feel for teams suffering, and for teams who are coming out of some bad years.  For example, I think the Browns are a better team than their record.  That wil even out by the end of the year.

I have a real hard tim with feeling bad for Pats fans.

I agree with others that it’s young to go on other teams boards and trash talk their team.

But inside, at your house, if you get loud and feel good that for once your team is awesome?

Yeah, I don’t feel bad about that.

I don’t feel bad for Belichick when he slams his phone, or Mahomes when he has a 1,000 yard stare or watching bandwagon Seahawks, Patriots, Chiefs fans leave early as their teams are being blown out.

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yeah, I said it.  Remember, we were all there in the last 20 years.  

The horrific passing game with Todd Collins and JP Losman.

The "fit it up" defense with Dave Mustache

The George Edwards teams.

#Rexgate

Getting excited about Tyrod passing for 136 yards.

I watched the Patriots lose that game against the Cowboys and couldn't help feeling sorry for the fans in the stadium.  Same with Mac Jones.

After we beat the Chiefs, I sympathized with their fans who were clearly frustrated.  Even Mahomes looked distraught and unable to process what happened.

The Dolphins lost a nailbiter and I couldn't help but feel the raw emotion in the coach's eyes and their fanbase (many of my friends are Dolphin fans).

We need to relax a little on the "serves them right" and "ha ha" posts.  Those fans pour their lives into their team just as we do. We should be more sympathetic to their plight.

That is all.

a. Pats fans are bandwagon jumpers

b. you need new & better friends

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I feel kinda bad for Coach Vrabel. He seems intense and conscientious. He’s obviously frustrated but he’ll do well in the future. The throwback play was kind of fun. Glad he plays with a light heart. Hope he stays healthy and attuned to the game. 

Give it a rest, girlfriend. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.