We need to ease off on other fans' misery.

BringBackFergy

I could not disagree more with a topic. I'll make fun of Patriots fan's (or other team's fans) that gleefully talked smack about the Bills during our drought years. Been a fan a long time. Was there for the 90's teams and throughout the drought. Lot of jokes aimed our way about losing 4 and no playoffs. It's all part of sports fandon I guess 

• Like (+1) 1

Be civil? Yes, but I’m gonna revel in every other teams misfortune, just as they all did in our misfortune. Circle of life…

Go Bills!!!

Can you imagine if the Pats would have won the game yesterday against Dallas?  It would have been a situation where everyone was blowing Belichick again nonstop for a whole week.  The Pats fans would be insufferable.  As it was, the officials almost gave the game to the Pats on multiple occasions.  They can go 0-500 in their next 500 and I wouldn't feel a single twinge of compassions for any Patriots fan.  They could draft the #1 QB with the first pick in the draft and lose that player to a career ending injury on their first NFL snap for 10 straight years, and I'd feel nothing for them - especially since there aren't any pre-Brady era Pats fans out there anyway.  Bandwagon addicted, smug, pompous a-hats.  Can't stand that franchise, and never will.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

What a bunch of BS. Feel sorry for other fans and teams if you want, but I have no intention of doing so.

Some fans are nice some not so nice.  @BringBackFergy reminds me of the monsignor in North Dallas Forty (video cued up to his speech).

Then again some of us fans are more like John Matuszak at the end!  LOL.

Warning:  Strong Language.

Depends on the fan base. There is no need to pile on the Jaguars or Texans who have not shown to be generally speaking as douches. I think exceptions to this are division rivals and fanbases who have become overbearing like KC.

Generally speaking I do agree that you should just enjoy your teams success.

Depends which fan base it is. We all remember the ones who were sympathetic during our misery and which ones relished in our misery.

Pats* fans are among the worst and I hope they have 20 years of futility ahead, to weed out all of the bandwagon fans who say they have been fans “their whole lives”. Dude, you’re 30 years old, they’ve been good since you’ve started watching football.  

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 2

I do have a soft spot for Browns fans. I've always thoughts Saints fans were a lot of fun, passionate, hospitable and knowledgeable. 

But ...

Chiefs - no

Texans - don't care

Dolphins - nope

Jax - worst fanbase in the NFL

Jets - Hell no

Pats - can't do it in a plane, in a train - no, non, nein, nyet

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

Until Buffalo actually wins something, the fans who run their mouths look extremely stupid.

I don't think this is a discussion about talking trash though, which I really don't do anyway. I believe the OP was talking about being happy for the misery of others, which I think can just be endorsed as karma. Even if we win anything (game, title) I wouldn't talk trash to anyone, I'd just wish them well and then laugh when I read their message boards.

In the 90s when we lost 4 in a row, I couldnt believe the amount of people who rubbed my nose in it for being a Bills fans. Not fans of other teams per se but just utter aholes who were cheering actively against us to lose. That was bad enough when we were a good team. Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't feel a lot of sympathy when we were embarrassing ourselves in the drought or finding some tragic way to lose. I don't actively wish misfortune on any team except the Patriots and their plastic fans. So I loved yesterday. They deserve another decade of bad times!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yeah, I said it.  Remember, we were all there in the last 20 years.  

The horrific passing game with Todd Collins and JP Losman.

The "fit it up" defense with Dave Mustache

The George Edwards teams.

#Rexgate

Getting excited about Tyrod passing for 136 yards.

I watched the Patriots lose that game against the Cowboys and couldn't help feeling sorry for the fans in the stadium.  Same with Mac Jones.

After we beat the Chiefs, I sympathized with their fans who were clearly frustrated.  Even Mahomes looked distraught and unable to process what happened.

The Dolphins lost a nailbiter and I couldn't help but feel the raw emotion in the coach's eyes and their fanbase (many of my friends are Dolphin fans).

We need to relax a little on the "serves them right" and "ha ha" posts.  Those fans pour their lives into their team just as we do. We should be more sympathetic to their plight.

That is all.

You feel sorry for the Patriots after the way they used to run up the score and mock our teams? That’s definitely a new take on things 

• Like (+1) 1

Someone posted a link to a Dolphins fan who had live streamed his impressions during the Fins-Jaguars game yesterday. It was pretty hilarious watching his reactions, only because it’s just a game he was reacting to. But I did feel a little bad for him, because his little boy was there who was really super cute, and I could relate to incredibly stupid decisions leading to a tough loss. 

The only fans misery I look forward to is icebergs. ***** that packers troll and ***** the packers. 

Personally, don’t care to worry about those other idiot fans do or say in our division. We got bigger fish to fry so-to-speak. 

i do like rich eisen and joe benigno jets rants though haha 

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yeah, I said it.  Remember, we were all there in the last 20 years.  

The horrific passing game with Todd Collins and JP Losman.

The "fit it up" defense with Dave Mustache

The George Edwards teams.

#Rexgate

Getting excited about Tyrod passing for 136 yards.

I watched the Patriots lose that game against the Cowboys and couldn't help feeling sorry for the fans in the stadium.  Same with Mac Jones.

After we beat the Chiefs, I sympathized with their fans who were clearly frustrated.  Even Mahomes looked distraught and unable to process what happened.

The Dolphins lost a nailbiter and I couldn't help but feel the raw emotion in the coach's eyes and their fanbase (many of my friends are Dolphin fans).

We need to relax a little on the "serves them right" and "ha ha" posts.  Those fans pour their lives into their team just as we do. We should be more sympathetic to their plight.

That is all.

With apologies to @DC Tom, You’re a Moron -AND a Rabble Rouser! I ❤️ It!🥰

FB95972F-AC0B-4559-810B-74B41F2D93E7.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.