We need to ease off on other fans' misery.

BringBackFergy

11 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Until Buffalo actually wins something, the fans who run their mouths look extremely stupid.

It's definitely going to be a long couple of weeks if the Bills lose tonight.

The images and videos coming out of Nashville this weekend are simply crazy and fans setting themselves up for a major hangover in more ways than one if this team doesn't deliver again.

• Agree 1

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

First of all, anyone whose life is miserable bc their sport’s team is losing needs a reality check.  And to feel sorry for someone like Max Mac Jones…please, he’s making millions of dollars!

FIFY

And exactly, don't be acting like Mac deserves the Ko Simpson treatment. 

Remember 6 weeks ago when Mac Jones was as good as Brady and Tua was going to light up the division and dethrone the Bills? It was disrespectful then and its ridiculous now. I have no sympathy for those fans. I remember going to a Bills pats***** game a few years ago and some drunk Pats********* fan kept harassing me and and my now wife who were just sitting there. I chatted with them earlier in the game, tried to be nice and respectful and then when Brady inevitably tore Rex's defense to shreds, they wouldnt shut up. I remeber after a Brady TD, this A-hole turned to my wife and shouted directly into her ear how the Bills suck. Took all I had not to punch him directly in the mouth 

Eff those entitled jerks

I hope they go 0-8 at home this year

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was 13 during the 2001 Eastern Conference semi-finals when the low budget Sabres played the Penguins star-studded team of Lemieux, Jagr, Kovalev, Straka, etc. etc.

During Game 6 the Sabres were up on the road and about the finish the series. With 2 minutes left there was a stoppage in play and the cameras showed a little Penguins fan in tears and I remembered how bad I felt for him. With 80 seconds to go the Penguins tied and won the game in OT to setup a game 7.

Guess who miraculously got tickets to that game? My first playoff game ever. Guess who was nearly in tears after Kasparaitis scored in OT and Hasek skated off in his last ever game in a Sabres uniform? That's right. ME. I became that kid I felt bad for. You think that kid felt bad for me after Game 7? I highly doubt it.  

Moral of the story. Screw fans of other teams. Let them squirm and deal with the cognitive dissonance of the Bills whooping their ass relentlessly for the next decade as we become the new Spurs. Small market team that's always winning and the country has to deal with it. 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Not for the Patriots.  

They lived in a fan fantasy land for 20 years.  Championships, perpetual comebacks, every single bounce going their way, etc...  They have a lot to make up for.  I wont feel bad for them for a long time.

They are going to get b!tch slapped by us twice a year for a decade or more now. Hope they enjoy it.

In general, I agree w/ the sentiment.  I saw that in Pats fans for years - it seemed like they got so bored with winning, they lived more for the misery of other fanbases. That was definitely true of the comeback against Atlanta in the SB.

So, I stay away from that. Except for New England fans. I hope none of them ever smile again.  

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yeah, I said it.  Remember, we were all there in the last 20 years.  

The horrific passing game with Todd Collins and JP Losman.

The "fit it up" defense with Dave Mustache

The George Edwards teams.

#Rexgate

Getting excited about Tyrod passing for 136 yards.

I watched the Patriots lose that game against the Cowboys and couldn't help feeling sorry for the fans in the stadium.  Same with Mac Jones.

After we beat the Chiefs, I sympathized with their fans who were clearly frustrated.  Even Mahomes looked distraught and unable to process what happened.

The Dolphins lost a nailbiter and I couldn't help but feel the raw emotion in the coach's eyes and their fanbase (many of my friends are Dolphin fans).

We need to relax a little on the "serves them right" and "ha ha" posts.  Those fans pour their lives into their team just as we do. We should be more sympathetic to their plight.

That is all.

I hear you…but a few things.  #1 the reason why some of us love the “ha ha” posts is because many fan bases like the Dolphins, Patriots, Chiefs etc love talking trash about the Bills.  And if the Bills ever slip up don’t think you won’t hear it from them.   So it’s not like Bills fans are extraordinary unsympathetic.

Second - this is professional sports.  Isn’t the whole gloating about your team while trashing the rival part of the deal?  I think there are worse thing than watching a division rival implode and laughing at it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I remember very recently the Jacksonville victory over the Tyrod-led Bills, being mocked for managing to score only 3 points against them. They won 13 games that season, beat Pittsburgh, got into the AFC championship game where they narrowly lost to the Patriots.  

The next season they completely collapsed and are now a laughingstock.  Beware hubris.

Edited by Dr. K

13 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Remember 6 weeks ago when Mac Jones was as good as Brady and Tua was going to light up the division and dethrone the Bills? It was disrespectful then and its ridiculous now. I have no sympathy for those fans. I remember going to a Bills pats***** game a few years ago and some drunk Pats********* fan kept harassing me and and my now wife who were just sitting there. I chatted with them earlier in the game, tried to be nice and respectful and then when Brady inevitably tore Rex's defense to shreds, they wouldnt shut up. I remeber after a Brady TD, this A-hole turned to my wife and shouted directly into her ear how the Bills suck. Took all I had not to punch him directly in the mouth 

Eff those entitled jerks

I hope they go 0-8 at home this year

Sorry you and you’re then future wife had to endure something like that people who behave like this are just pure trash , and I give you a lot of credit for keeping your cool and being the bigger man , because I know if it was me in your place I would probably end up in jail !! 

17 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Feel bad for the Lions, Browns, and other "billsy" teams? Sure.

Feel bad for New England?

Hellllll no. Enjoy watching it burn 🔥 

Go Bills. 

Add Miami and their entire fan base to that 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

First of all, anyone whose life is miserable bc their sport’s team is losing needs a reality check.  And to feel sorry for someone like Max Jones…please, he’s making millions of dollars!

I mean, people always say the bolded, and that it's "just sports" - but I get bummed for days when my team loses, and most fans I know do too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.