10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Pregame thread

Chandler#81

24 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I am so pissed... the wife convinced me that we needed to find ways to give back to the community.

I know it is the right thing to do, so I volunteered to serve on the board of a local sports team that my daughter is on. She has special needs and they are good folk that treat her kindly.

Just caught up with my emails and they want to meet tonight - right at kickoff of course. So here I am contemplating ways I could blow off the first meeting I was invited to. I know I wont though - damn it! 

I REALLY wanted to catch this game since the beat-down last year - I am so cursed. TBD best be sending out all the positive karma they can muster - years of following the Bills has made me strangely superstitious, but I take comfort in the fact that McD preaches putting in the work, focus, preparation, and sticking to a winning process rather than a strategy of hope and superstition. 

Go Bills!!

Do the right thing, Dad👍

A221E0B8-9A7F-459A-B206-121C1A3F687D.jpeg

163EE314-A87F-4284-BD3F-963A7BCDDE16.jpeg

C0F748EE-9999-4DEA-8CC4-2683D841545E.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I am so pissed... the wife convinced me that we needed to find ways to give back to the community.

I know it is the right thing to do, so I volunteered to serve on the board of a local sports team that my daughter is on. She has special needs and they are good folk that treat her kindly.

Just caught up with my emails and they want to meet tonight - right at kickoff of course. So here I am contemplating ways I could blow off the first meeting I was invited to. I know I wont though - damn it! 

I REALLY wanted to catch this game since the beat-down last year - I am so cursed. TBD best be sending out all the positive karma they can muster - years of following the Bills has made me strangely superstitious, but I take comfort in the fact that McD preaches putting in the work, focus, preparation, and sticking to a winning process rather than a strategy of hope and superstition. 

Go Bills!!

That meeting can't last more than an hour. Dvr the game. You'll catch-up to real time by the second half by fast forwarding through the commercials.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw on one of the Bills "behind the scenes" video vignettes, the equipment manager said most of the players put on their own pads and jerseys or have one person assist them, but some of the players like their jerseys so tight it takes 3 people to help them get dressed.

I'm thinking Diggs needs 3 people.

• Agree 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

That meeting can't last more than an hour. Dvr the game. You'll catch-up to real time by the second half by fast forwarding through the commercials.

I've seen the agenda - hopelessly detailed with the launch of their new season.

I do have the game pass with replay - hope my Bills get revenge so I will want to watch it. Will miss the banter here on the wall. Oh well, better to just suck it up and accept that if anything it will likely run way over schedule - expecting an extra kick to the sprinkler that is how my Irish luck rolls.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I saw on one of the Bills "behind the scenes" video vignettes, the equipment manager said most of the players put on their own pads and jerseys or have one person assist them, but some of the players like their jerseys so tight it takes 3 people to help them get dressed.

I'm thinking Diggs needs 3 people.

He also rolls his sleeves into his shoulder pads, maybe to make it tougher for grabby corners?

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He also rolls his sleeves into his shoulder pads, maybe to make it tougher for grabby corners?

That sweater makes it look impossible he could fit into that jersey.

I'm sure he's trying to make it harder for corners to grab him, but then the strange-to-me thing is when the weather gets cooler, he'll be wearing an undershirt that sticks out the bottom of that ultra-tight jersey like a handle that says "grab here".

I keep waiting for a WR to perforate it, so that a corner who grabs it would just rip off the tail of the shirt.  "No honest Mr Ref I wasn't holding!  He... he musta had a shop towel tucked in there, I just touched it honest!

20 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Saw this on a Tennessee fan forum ...

titans.thumb.jpg.2090191a574b186027e6677e537ef9c2.jpg

Nice :)

This. Is. Awesome!

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I love that they put that Patriots game play in there, I thought it went completely under the radar how crazy that was.

He Unconscious! 

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If that's not his stat line TONIGHT, I'm done with him!  It's time to step up... 🤣

Also, is it 8:15 yet?  This is such a long wait for a game! :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1