10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Pregame thread

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm probably getting repetitive but figuring out the Chiefs vs. having the defensive hosses to be able to stop them, are two different things.

A lot of Mahomes incomplete passes or picks IMHO are the result of having just that fraction of a second less time to set up and throw, due to his OL not being the marvelous upgrade that was expected after all the resources that went into it.  It's not that they're bad, and they're better in the center, but they're not following up the play as well when he extends it (IMO).

When a great QB looks bad everyone is all "oh, he sucks" "he's regressing" "what's wrong with him?" but just that little bit of extra time makes a huge difference.  Again, IMO.

Of course having the players to implement a scheme is important. Indeed, I think it’s most important and talented players trump scheme most of the time. And we’ve certainly have talented players. That said, what the Bills did with their back seven last Sunday night was nothing like what they did in the two meetings previously.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Of course having the players to implement a scheme is important. Indeed, I think it’s most important and talented players trump scheme most of the time. And we’ve certainly have talented players. That said, what the Bills did with their back seven last Sunday night was nothing like what they did in the two meetings previously.

Thoughts on defending Henry/Julio/AJB? I think the safeties will be very involved in covering those WRs. Lots of zone?

• Like (+1) 1

I am so pissed... the wife convinced me that we needed to find ways to give back to the community.

I know it is the right thing to do, so I volunteered to serve on the board of a local sports team that my daughter is on. She has special needs and they are good folk that treat her kindly.

Just caught up with my emails and they want to meet tonight - right at kickoff of course. So here I am contemplating ways I could blow off the first meeting I was invited to. I know I wont though - damn it! 

I REALLY wanted to catch this game since the beat-down last year - I am so cursed. TBD best be sending out all the positive karma they can muster - years of following the Bills has made me strangely superstitious, but I take comfort in the fact that McD preaches putting in the work, focus, preparation, and sticking to a winning process rather than a strategy of hope and superstition. 

Go Bills!!

• Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I am so pissed... the wife convinced me that we needed to find ways to give back to the community.

I know it is the right thing to do, so I volunteered to serve on the board of a local sports team that my daughter is on. She has special needs and they are good folk that treat her kindly.

Just caught up with my emails and they want to meet tonight - right at kickoff of course. So here I am contemplating ways I could blow off the first meeting I was invited to. I know I wont though - damn it! 

I REALLY wanted to catch this game since the beat-down last year - I am so cursed. TBD best be sending out all the positive karma they can muster - years of following the Bills has made me strangely superstitious, but I take comfort in the fact that McD preaches putting in the work, focus, preparation, and sticking to a winning process rather than a strategy of hope and superstition. 

Go Bills!!

I think your good works will count for some good karma. 👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Go Bills!!

Are you able to DVR it?  Not always a bad thing to start an NFL game late as you can fast forward through commercials until you get caught up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thoughts on defending Henry/Julio/AJB? I think the safeties will be very involved in covering those WRs. Lots of zone?

My first thought is getting White, Milano, Star, and Wallace back in the lineup. Second thought is to contain Tannehill in the pocket because it was his legs more than anything that hurt us last year. I also expect lots of zone looks and bracket coverage on Jones. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Johnson, Poyer, or Hyde coming off the edge on blitz now and then, either.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Go Bills!!

So glad I don’t have kids...😉🍻

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not sure if this was posted here already but I just listened to it for the first time now.  Sanders is such a great listen and even greater addition to our offense.  I really think he's is going to make some catches in the playoffs that will cement him in Bills history and possibly the Wall of Fame.  He's just the perfect fit.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Go Bills!!

What kind of local sports team decides to meet during the biggest team in local sports on MNF?

Edited by Scott7975

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Put Tre on either AJB or Julio and then bracket the other WR, think they'll use the safeties a lot, switching them to keep Tannehill guessing, and trying not to give up anything over the top like usual...then single coverage on any other receiving targets. Hoping we can find ways to get Taron and Milano into the backfield to stop Henry before he can accelerate. Big week for Ed Oliver on that front as well. More than ever this week, the defense needs to tackle well and play with proper gap integrity and contain.

Sure Frazier will draw up something way better but that's my best guess. Fingers crossed, Go Bills!

Edited by Dont Stop Billeiving
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Go Bills!!

Sorry, my daughter came down with something and want to isolate just in case. 

WideNine

And it works for your email to your boss tomorrow also!

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2