10/18/21 Gameday Bills @ Titans Pregame thread

Chandler#81

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Both teams?  Just the home team?  I get 'allowing access' but to have the commentator providing info on what he saw seems inappropriate.

both teams but I assume he doesn’t see any more at practice than the regular media does 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Both teams?  Just the home team?  I get 'allowing access' but to have the commentator providing info on what he saw seems inappropriate.

They get a ton of inside info during the lead-up interviews as well, but I dont think any team is listening to them for secrets since they could easily be fed misinformation, and teams probably have better intel already anyways.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

both teams but I assume he doesn’t see any more at practice than the regular media does 

I am not sure about that.  When some commentators like Romo call the Thursday night games - casually they will mention these “trick” plays or “new installs” that I am guessing normal media do not get access to see.

I believe they are contractually bound not to discuss that prior to the game, but t provides insight during the game.  It is also based on formation why Romo has ideas of what plays are coming.

They are allowed to discuss certain things - I believe talking about “injured players” is acceptable as long as they mirror the injury report info.  For example - if a player was listed as limited and questionable, but they saw him basically going all out most of the practice and they basically say he is playing during interviews - I don’t think they can announce that, but if someone was injured, but was listed as practicing fully - they could say that he looked fine in what they saw.

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Shoutout to @YoloinOhio for his comment about "working" on the Titans board because we are all apparently unemployed

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/43339-bills-week-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1788467

Funny that they didn't notice his moniker is Yolo in Ohio. Maybe they don't know what state Buffalo is in?

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

I am not sure about that.  When some commentators like Romo call the Thursday night games - casually they will mention these “trick” plays or “new installs” that I am guessing normal media do not get access to see.

I believe they are contractually bound not to discuss that prior to the game, but t provides insight during the game.  It is also based on formation why Romo has ideas of what plays are coming.

They are allowed to discuss certain things - I believe talking about “injured players” is acceptable as long as they mirror the injury report info.  For example - if a player was listed as limited and questionable, but they saw him basically going all out most of the practice and they basically say he is playing during interviews - I don’t think they can announce that, but if someone was injured, but was listed as practicing fully - they could say that he looked fine in what they saw.

Fair, then.  Both AJ Brown and Julio Jones were full participants on Thurs Fri and Sat and neither have a gameday designation.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Funny that they didn't notice his moniker is Yolo in Ohio. Maybe they don't know what state Buffalo is in?

Whoa I’m famous! Oh and I’m working, too much to have time to go to another team’s board to try to find things to make myself feel better since it clearly can’t be the actual football stuff that could do that for them. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair, then.  Both AJ Brown and Julio Jones were full participants on Thurs Fri and Sat and neither have a gameday designation.

Correct and the quote was basically they looked good in practice - so from my take - he didn’t really provide additional info and I believe we got to watch the practice to be able to make that call.

You don’t say they looked good in practice if you only see them warm up.

What I don’t know is do they watch the practice live or do they get to watch practice with the staff to get filler material during the broadcast.  I think the NFL broadcast crew gets more live access to practice and a walkthrough for visitors than regular media, but that is only based upon what they say during the broadcasts - don’t really get to see them.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I once randomly met Trent Edwards parents at a Bills game. He was just drafted in the 3rd and was the back up. I was standing in line and I notice two middle aged people with Trent Edwards jerseys behind me. So I was like "Hey, you guys must be his parents, right? Who else has the rookie back up QB jersey on day one?". They were super nice and chatty. 

thats great. I was on a cruise once where I sat at dinner with Trent’s parents’ best friends, and were super excited that he was going to succeed in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

ESPN Marty Smith interviews Josh Allen.

- Break-down the Hurdle - partII.

- Does a Tiger Woods impersonation

- how he loves what he does

Just the first 3 1/2 minutes - the kid makes me smile .. just so genuine.

It's about the 3rd or 4th interview Allen has had where he mentions lack of privacy.  I guess he was shielded from it last year because of Covid protocols, not going out, but I wonder if Buffalo fans have lost their "Chill" about giving players their privacy in public, or if he's talking more about the rest of the country - I would imagine that before last year, he could probably go out to dinner in S. Cali and not be recognized but now....No.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's about the 3rd or 4th interview Allen has had where he mentions lack of privacy.  I guess he was shielded from it last year because of Covid protocols, not going out, but I wonder if Buffalo fans have lost their "Chill" about giving players their privacy in public, or if he's talking more about the rest of the country - I would imagine that before last year, he could probably go out to dinner in S. Cali and not be recognized but now....No.

I promise you no one was ever chill with Josh Allen around in Buffalo. He must mean nationally. He'd obviously be mobbed anywhere in Buffalo since the beginning.

He came to a building in downtown buffalo for something in 2018 after he was drafted, and the whole building came down to see him. It was mobbed.

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Technically Brown was downgraded to “questionable” yesterday with “illness” - but haven’t seen anything more on that 

edit - Oh 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 2