Is Baker dropping to #4 of the Class of '18?

Huh? What?

I dont really get it, are you saying Darnold is outplaying Baker?  Because that is ridiculous. Darnold is on pace for the same type of numbers he put up in NY.  Except he has more rushing TD's which is probably not sustainable.  Is a later round pick from that draft doing something somewhere?

15 hours ago, cle23 said:

Rudolph is hot garbage. Mayfield is struggling for sure, but Rudolph is bad enough they'd rather play Ben at 60% and $40M this year.

well, they have said otherwise here.  I think we'll find out next year.  And of course you play Ben at 60% over almost anyone who has not had the success Ben has had.  

13 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Because you post on here, I make the assumption that you actually watch NFL football. How you could think that Mason Rudolph is a good quarterback is beyond me. They are literally playing the rotting  corpse of Ben Roethlisberger this year instead of him.

Mason is a fine QB.  Elite, no.  But perhaps better than some NFL starting QB's from the class of 2018, yes.  The Steelers are a stubborn franchise and do not bench their "starter," fire head coaches, etc.  They'd be better to get with the times.  

Well, this question is interesting, in that it points what an unusually good QB class it was.   

I'm not a huge Baker fan - I think he doesn't have the physical tools to be a great one.   He isn't gifted with great arm strength, and that may limit him.   He's more like Flutie - a winner, great determination, good athlete, going to do some good things.  He will have a nice career.

Yes, I think the Jets were that bad.  Darnold looked really good his rookie year, and the Jets experience caught up with him.   Yes, he doesn't have stats that match Baker's not yet, but I'd guess that ten years from now it will be clear that Darnold was the better choice.  

Allen, of course, should finish ahead of both of them.   He's turned out to be the complete package - physical and brains.  

There were a top-four coming into the draft, and although the teams may not have gotten the order right - Baker went first, Darnold went second and Josh third, when it probably should have been Josh, Sam, Baker, they all went in the top-seven, and the teams let Josh Rosen fall.   That's pretty good scouting and drafting. 

Most everyone, of course, missed on Lamar Jackson, which was understandable.  But that just adds to the luster of the class - three good starters in the top seven, plus a late-first-round surprise.   

As someone living in Carolina, Darnold may be getting benched already. He IS that bad. These are his last 2 weeks as favorites.

Sam Darnold 21/37 177yards 1 TD 3 picks

Sam Darnold 17/41 207yards 1 TD 1 Pick 1 Fumble

To the OP: What in the world are you thinking?

8 minutes ago, DuckBoy704 said:

As someone living in Carolina, Darnold may be getting benched already. He IS that bad. These are his last 2 weeks as favorites.

Sam Darnold 21/37 177yards 1 TD 3 picks

Sam Darnold 17/41 207yards 1 TD 1 Pick 1 Fumble

To the OP: What in the world are you thinking?

5/18 for 60 yards in the first half.  I think there was a pick in there too.  

I don't think you can judge Mayfield based on his recent play.  He is clearly injured and aggravated his shoulder further on Sunday.  The only question is why the Browns continue to play him when they have a serviceable backup in Case Keenum.   You would think Keenum would give them a better chance than a injured Mayfield.

On 10/17/2021 at 5:27 PM, Stads said:

Do you mean the 17/41 Sam Darnold?

That was after he padded his stats on the game tying drive.  Going into that drive his completion % was in the 30s.  That's Gary Marangi territory.  Baker is nowhere near that.  Right now Josh & Lamar are pretty close as the top guys with Baker way behind & Darnold in a different time zone.  When I was watching Carolina on the bonus coverage on Fox after the Giants game ended all I could think of is with every down Carolina is regretting giving Darnold that 5th year option which is guaranteed & will hurt their cap next year.  Basically they're stuck with a bad QB.  The only good thing about Darnold is he's not Josh Rosen level of bad.  

3 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

I don't think you can judge Mayfield based on his recent play.  He is clearly injured and aggravated his shoulder further on Sunday.  The only question is why the Browns continue to play him when they have a serviceable backup in Case Keenum.   You would think Keenum would give them a better chance than a injured Mayfield.

Mayfield's MRI came back bad enough he's getting a second opinion.  Being that the Browns play Thursday night, it sure looks like it'll be Keenum this week.  The Browns are decimated by injuries to major players.  Chubb, Hunt now, Wills, Conklin, Landry, Beckham, Newsome, Janovich, Owusu-Koramoah, and Walker are starters who have all missed games, and Mayfield has been injured since Week 2 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.